The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, Div said:

Spoke to a recruitment guy at a a club south of the border this morning about Brock-Madsen.

"He's a big lump of a boy that isn't the most mobile. Brum being trying to punt him for a while".

Sounds absolutely smashing :lol:

Every team except the very best need a useless lump up front that can hold the ball up. We've got Moussa. As long as you've got a supportive midfield and a finisher beside him he can be a massive part of the jigsaw. 

According to one sports journo on twitter it works out around 1.2 million 
Couple of different fees being banded about.

One is 4 million another is 2.8 million.

Ideally the money should be invested into the club, i like the idea of offices being built into a corner of the stadium to generate cash.

There is bound to be some unearthed gems available after the English transfer window shuts tonight.

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Couple of different fees being banded about.

One is 4 million another is 2.8 million.

Ideally the money should be invested into the club, i like the idea of offices being built into a corner of the stadium to generate cash.

There is bound to be some unearthed gems available after the English transfer window shuts tonight.

100% agree with filling in two corners of the ground and generating more cash through the corporate side. 

There will be movement in the transfer market now that the English window is closing. Interesting time in the recruitment process.

I notice the PDE reporting that Brock Madsen’s loan deal from Birmingham will be finalised today.

Edited by glenburn bud

Genuinely exciting times for the Buds.  

The Ralston complex will have paid for itself.  Still churning out good young prospects.  I'd assume that some/most of the McGinn money will go towards revenue generating parts of the business.  

Should be enough for at least one or two to strengthen the squad.  

And the rest to fill all the corners in, get another tier on the stadium and get it covered...  

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We've been sniffing around after the window shuts for the last few seasons and I wouldn't describe any of the players we've brought in as gems. More like gravel. 

Not going to judge the lad until he gets a few goals under his belt but I'd be disappointed if he went straight into the team at the expense of Mullen (presuming we go one up top at Ibrox). You can debate all you want about the merits of his play and what formation he'd suit, but you don't drop the guy who scored two in an opening day victory.

13 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Not going to judge the lad until he gets a few goals under his belt but I'd be disappointed if he went straight into the team at the expense of Mullen (presuming we go one up top at Ibrox). You can debate all you want about the merits of his play and what formation he'd suit, but you don't drop the guy who scored two in an opening day victory.

There is zero chance of Mullen dropping out of the starting line up on Sunday. Madsen will probably be lacking match fitness therefore he’ll be riding pine.

Brock has scored less goals in a 6 month loan in the Polish league than Mullen has in 90 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not according to Stubbs he is fit and goes straight into the squad. 

That would be folly, and most likely f**k off a player who is clearly in form just now.

37 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Brock has scored less goals in a 6 month loan in the Polish league than Mullen has in 90 minutes.

That would be folly, and most likely f**k off a player who is clearly in form just now.

Not sure where you are coming from on this Ross = Dane not Mullen.  The Dane has played at a much higher level also. What's he like ? You know as much as I do however this is who Stubbs wanted in so that's good enough for me. 

20 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

And presumably he will, but I'm going on the assumption we will not play 2 up front at Ibrox.

Stubbs will be cautious but won't sit with 11 men behind the ball we will have a go. Do you really think Gers are very good ? A wee bit better than last season but not much better.