The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Depending on McGinn would imagine there could be a sweetener to get it over the line , how much does Stubbs want him. Knowing how Tony over blows things - Alan this will be over the line soon the Italians now know what a giant club we are :wub:. See Ayr knocked back £150,000  from a club down south for Shankland. 

18 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

One or two rumours that Beltrame is bound for Holland on another loan deal.  We move on.

That's from a Italian journalist on Twitter writting I would think he will return to Holland . It's Dutch second division Vince not the highest standards.  

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

That's from a Italian journalist on Twitter writting I would think he will return to Holland . It's Dutch second division Vince not the highest standards.  

The info came from an eaqually unreliable source in McG :lol:

Not disappointed that Beltrame isn't coming, looking at his record it doesn't look like he'd do well here. A handful of goals in the lower reaches of the Dutch divisions is hardly a set of stats to set the heather on fire. Sure, you can never judge a player until they come and play, but still his record is not great. The Birmingham lad too, he's hardly been banging them in. 

Now, listen, who knows, maybe Stubbs will get more out of these guys if they come but ultimately we won't be playing 2 up front at Ibrox so there is no need to rush out and bring in players just for the sake of it, even if we are down to the bare bones. I would presume Stewart won't move (if he does) until we get a second striker to support Mullen.

Our third game, the one against Livi, that's when I would be demanding more bodies in for.

Spoke to a recruitment guy at a a club south of the border this morning about Brock-Madsen.

"He's a big lump of a boy that isn't the most mobile. Brum being trying to punt him for a while".

Sounds absolutely smashing :lol:

17 minutes ago, Div said:

Spoke to a recruitment guy at a a club south of the border this morning about Brock-Madsen.

"He's a big lump of a boy that isn't the most mobile. Brum being trying to punt him for a while".

Another Calum Ball ffs

21 minutes ago, Div said:

Worked for Mark Yardley.:lol:

27 minutes ago, Div said:

If he is as successful as Higdon that will do me.

6 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

So that's the mcginn saga finally over - does anyone know (for an actual fact) what ÷ we are due?

According to one sports journo on twitter it works out around 1.2 million 

Edited by glenburn bud

Just now, glenburn bud said:

According to one sports journo on twitter it works out around 1.2 million 

Apparently a record transfer fee for the club , highest disclosed fee in the past was the  £1m paid by Rangers for Ian Ferguson !

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Apparently a record transfer fee for the club , highest disclosed fee in the past was the  £1m paid by Rangers for Ian Ferguson !

850k for Fergie was it not ? Anyway,  we're getting what we deserve. 

It might take a year or two to get all our money, mind, depending on how the McGinn Villa deal is structured. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get maybe ~£600k or so in one lump sum pretty soon,  then further instalments of about ~£300k.

How much of that initial lump sum will be put straight into signings, I don't know, but no matter how you slice it, you feel we've got more from this than if we had sold him for a transfer fee in his last season with us.