The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

36 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

That tweet could mean anything. They could have sold 70 tickets compared to the one they sold this time last season :P 

On the right track, mate,  well done. I heard it was 1.7 tickets this year compared to 1 last, but who’s counting? 

1 hour ago, Reverend Maynard said:

McNamara

He's made an arse of it at United and then at York,  think Jackie boy will need to start again with the likes of Morton or Qots and prove he's still got it.

1 hour ago, TQM said:

You don't really understand what 70% increase means, do you? ;)

57 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You've had a nightmare here m8.

45 minutes ago, AllyM said:

On the right track, mate,  well done. I heard it was 1.7 tickets this year compared to 1 last, but who’s counting? 

I did realise after I posted it, couldn’t be arsed changing it.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Get on top.

No question I would speed, for cracks and weed
The combination made my eyes bleed
No question I would flow off, and try to get the dough all

5 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

If Ross leaves and we had punted Archibald today he’d be in the Saints hot seat by Monday is one theory on the Thistle facebook page.
Thoughts, Saints fans?

I think we'd definitely have been interested anyway. Are you glad Thistle stuck with him?

I think we'd definitely have been interested anyway. Are you glad Thistle stuck with him?

No.

I’d have been happy if he’d left even if we’d stayed up.

This entire season has been an absolute shitefest.

The whole thing has gone stale. Fresh start required, but hey ho.

I'd have been relatively happy with Archibald. I think he's a good manger but with very, very few exceptions the life of a football manager is one where if it's going well, you're universally adored before it inevitably goes sour.

Jack Ross going to Sunderland is absolutely the right choice for him at this point. As you can see,  our fans are not in any way fickle or reactionary and would have given him the benefit of the doubt even if we were bottom in October. :lol: 

No harm to Saints but I hope your man moves and transforms my wee team in the manner he managed with you lot, I thought McInnes would have been off his head to go there and I thought Coleman was off his nut leaving Wales but this is a great move for Ross.

New owners, really can't plunge much further, 27,500 at home after a year without a win at the Stadium of Light(not a club up here would have that amount after such a run), it's all set up for him and if he's successful he'll be getting decent jobs down there for the next decade(Lennon got Bolton after Celtic).

Hope you get the guy in that get you pumping enough of the billybigbaws in the Premiership to give the top 6 a fright.

The Sunderland fans will be asking Jack who but I'm quite excited after watching what he done with you lot.

Edited by ayrmad

It's funny, your board who appointed Ian Murray didn't deem it necessary to give a call of courtesy to our Chairman when you wanted Ian Murray. You spoke with him unofficially and once the deal was done the official approach was made. No tears from me, he'd have gone anyway, but it's funny that you're disgusted with such actions.
Some might call it karma, eh [mention=1]Div[/mention]?

First I’ve ever heard that. Got some links to the story?

Like any saints fan, I’m gutted that Jack Ross is leaving. The job he’s done at saints over the past 18 months has been brilliant.

End of the day he needs to look after himself & family he’s going to get 5 times his wages!& Sunderland are a bigger club.

Unfortunately I’ve heard he’ll be coming in for Magennis but hopefully we can get a respectable transfer fee for him.

Jack seems like an ambitious manager & I personally think he’s picked a good time to move to Sunderland. I wish him all the best.