The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Nope, me neither. Ah well, a signing we weren't previously aware of is precisely what I asked for, so... :lol:

Edit: seven goals in 39 games for a team at the right end of the conference. Obviously we've taken a player from that level before who was an absolute disaster, but this might be the market we're in. Also: he looks tall.

Edited by Coventry Saint

St Mirren are delighted to announce the signing of 22 year-old midfielder James Kellermann today.

Kellermann comes to Paisley from Aldershot Town, having previously been on the books at Wolverhampton Wanderers as a youngster.

He signs on a two year deal, as The Buddies look to strengthen for the Premiership campaign ahead.

As manager Jack Ross is away on holiday, James Fowler spoke about the signing of Kellermann.

He said: "He's one we've been tracking for a while. He got brought to our attention by Martin Christie, our Head of recruitment, about two or three months ago. So he is one we have monitored towards the end of the season, and we got up and spoke to him and we were really impressed.

"He's at a good age for us as well, he is one of the ones who we think can improve as well and get better and he will add competition to the boys we have already got.

"He's a bit of an all-rounder. He's a box-to-box midfielder, he can score goals, he can spot a pass, he's got good aggression. He's different to what we've got and he adds a different dimension as well. He's one we are looking forward to working with." 

So this lad? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-kellermann/leistungsdaten/spieler/202945

Sadly TransferMarkt have stopped adding crazy values to their player profiles.

Edit: Looking through the detailed view TM have him playing predominantly CM but also on both wings on the occasion.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Last game of the season for Aldershot was on 2nd May against a team local to me (Ebbsfleet Utd) in a play off to get into League 2.

From the match report "but Kellermann’s night ended in agony, as he suffered a dislocated shoulder in a 71st minute challenge with Rance." :unsure2:

1 minute ago, AllyM said:

Last game of the season for Aldershot was on 2nd May against a team local to me (Ebbsfleet Utd) in a play off to get into League 2.

When I say "play-off", I mean "play-off" to get into a "play-off" to get into a "play-off".

10 minutes ago, AllyM said:

From the match report "but Kellermann’s night ended in agony, as he suffered a dislocated shoulder in a 71st minute challenge with Rance." :unsure2:

Perfect replacement for Josh Todd.

Nothing there yet, the guy just comments it's a completed deal, but the thread might develop... http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47610&sid=e21b24841b66d692195d4a53622ae502

Also, this.. https://www.theshots.co.uk/shots-release-six/  ..which would suggest he was not offered a new deal with them before opting for us.

Edited by Buddist Monk

1 hour ago, AllyM said:

I had 13 shoulder dislocations and it certainly ended my playing career. Or it would have done if I had one.

16 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Nothing there yet, the guy just comments it's a completed deal, but the thread might develop... http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47610&sid=e21b24841b66d692195d4a53622ae502

Also, this.. https://www.theshots.co.uk/shots-release-six/  ..which would suggest he was not offered a new deal with them before opting for us.

Four were released and two chose to  leave at the end of their contracts......one of the two that chose to leave was Kellermann

41 minutes ago, weebud said:

Four were released and two chose to  leave at the end of their contracts......one of the two that chose to leave was Kellermann

Yep - "Cheye Alexander and Jim Kellermann have informed Gary Waddock that they wish to further their careers with other clubs."