The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Seeing as we are past the half way mark, thought I'd drop this into the thread..

5a5de9f77423b_Screenshot-2018-1-16ScottishChampionshipinsandouts-Summer2017.thumb.png.d590e5ba9340baebe0517e308cfe6c1f.png

It's a BBC piece from when the Summer transfer window shut.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40606056

To save you the bother, they were predicting...

1) Dundee United
2) Falkirk
3) Dunfermline
4) St Mirren
5) Qos
6) Inverness

Not terribly ridiculous to be honest. We had a poor Betfred cup campaign. Dunfermline were playing well and Falkirk had a great Betfred cup too. Most of them would have tipped us for playoffs last year too!

Seeing as we are past the half way mark, thought I'd drop this into the thread..
5a5de9f77423b_Screenshot-2018-1-16ScottishChampionshipinsandouts-Summer2017.thumb.png.d590e5ba9340baebe0517e308cfe6c1f.png
It's a BBC piece from when the Summer transfer window shut.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40606056
To save you the bother, they were predicting...
1) Dundee United
2) Falkirk
3) Dunfermline
4) St Mirren
5) Qos
6) Inverness

Hardly a ludicrous prediction tbh. Infact I'm sure I remember a lot of St Mirren fans on here predicting something similar in terms of where you would finish.

17 hours ago, Stu said:

Quite hard to make an exciting signing when your squad already contains a striker who has scored 20 goals and counting this season as well as arguably the best player in the league.

I don't think you need the word 'arguably' in this post.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Now looking pretty solid with plenty of depth and cover in the middle of the park. 

One more forward and we'll be set. 

Ourselves and another championship club are after the same striker.

Why would he go anywhere else?? If it's money then f**k him - shit attitude

Not really when the difference is several hundred quid a week.

Can't grudge players at this level for choosing money!

Players like mcginn (who could be earning more else where) are a rarity, plus probably helps he earned a decent whack down south

I'd show the guy a picture of Rory Loy as a case study example of what can happen when you think with your wallet instead of joining St Mirren.

Edit: I posted that before I saw the pic on the Falkirk thread. I understand he's rumoured to have depression and I wasn't having a pop at that or his weight. Just meant the overall situation.

Edited by Coventry Saint

12 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd show the guy a picture of Rory Loy as a case study example of what can happen when you think with your wallet instead of joining St Mirren.

Edit: I posted that before I saw the pic on the Falkirk thread. I understand he's rumoured to have depression and I wasn't having a pop at that or his weight. Just meant the overall situation.

It's actually very sad if the story about Rory suffering from depression is true.  As regards to his mental health I find myself wishing that he had taken up our offer of a contract pre season. He looked as if he was enjoying his loan spell with us last season and maybe it would have been good for him to continue.