The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, virginton said:

Yeah that's fair actually. I assumed that he was referring to players in your current squad. Most of all because there have been no credible links between either player and a move elsewhere in this window. 

McLean has been strongly linked with QPR, we get 10% of whatever Aberdeen get. Nothing substantial aside from the usual 'Celtic connection' pish regarding McGinn though.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That boy you bought from us for £60k last summer after very publicly courting him.

Wait...did that end up not happening? Surely no! 

£60k? Seems steep. Sure he'd have gone to Dundee for less than that. 

That boy you bought from us for £60k last summer after very publicly courting him.
Wait...did that end up not happening? Surely no! 

I know the words rattled and seething get thrown around an awful lot on here. But, deary me.

I was genuinely indifferent, veering towards disappointed, that we were after Jack Ross. Now, I kinda hope we get him just to see what happens in this thread.

I make no apologies in saying this. But I will be absolutely fucking devastated if he goes.

Best I've felt as a Saints fan for nearly 17 years (cup win a side).

Literally on verge of tears (etc).

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Sounds like all we have to do is make a better offer, which we are going to do according to said article.

I don't see how this is good news for St Mirren fans?emoji23.png

Because we'll pick up Paul Hartley who's a better manager!

Terrible news. Life was better when we had Tommy Craig in charge and there was zero chance of him getting poached. :unsure:

Dundee wouldn't make an official approach if he wasn't up for it. Ah well.

People suggesting the Legend is the next natural fit for the job. I'm not sure he's got enough experience yet.

Div forcing Tam McManus into a charity bet that Jack Ross won't become our manager. [emoji38]

Minter. I know Div tends to be in the know but he's had a fucking breakdown.

4 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I make no apologies in saying this. But I will be absolutely fucking devastated if he goes.

Best I've felt as a Saints fan for nearly 17 years (cup win a side).

Literally on verge of tears (etc).

This is how I felt in October. It doesn't get better either, if he goes you won't get another manager anywhere near as good.