Who has been your best players in this seasons West Region Super Premier Division?

Nugent4nil

And no I don't go to games every week. I follow one team and one team only. Wish I had the time to do so. But unfortunately not so make do with what I can attend [emoji851]
I'll shut up now [emoji23]

Nothing wrong with the concept it was comprehensive and a very good credible effort and a cracking team.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be good, no, wonderful, just imagine, if someone... I don't know, say the west region for example, were to do something similar to the SFL and in say March / April approached all the clubs in the region and gave out voting sheets, all players and management filled out forms nominating their players of the season then after getting the results and once counted they could announce their teams of the year for each league.

I know this would take a lot of work and at a rough guess after making up the sheets, printing them off posting them to all clubs getting the reuslts back counting them then announcing the final selections I would guess it could take as much as 3 hours..... just a thought though.

It was a bit of fun. But the laugh stopped when 5 of starting 11 came from 2 teams that were 8th and 9th in the league this year. They are good players but should be nowhere near the team of the season. Other players were more deserving but I'm obviously in the minority that think this.

Just now, Quantum Leap said:

Coalitions are not allowed and it doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Right?
What matters in forums like this is people's opinions.emoji57.png

OH indeed I am with you 100% on that, it was bound to happen at some point haha

It was a bit of fun. But the laugh stopped when 5 of starting 11 came from 2 teams that were 8th and 9th in the league this year. They are good players but should be nowhere near the team of the season. Other players were more deserving but I'm obviously in the minority that think this.

5 players who would walk into any side in the league.

No sure about that but 17 goals between them in the premier league when sawyers was out for 3 months and Watt having injuries keeping him out at different points in the season is good going nearly scored as many between them as Talbot did all in [emoji1]

On paper anyway top scoring duo in the premier league with next being Dallas and McCann on 16.

The problem with any on-line poll is that you get internet gimplords who will sit clicking for their players three hundred times and skewing the outcome. You know the sort - the ones who get their skants in a bunch on threads like this one. 

It was a nice idea though and I like that it raises a bit of awareness of who to look out for the next time you see a team play, but the outcome shouldn't be given undue significance beyond creating a wee bit of interest in other sides. 

Archived