Fixtures

Kennie

Was it not called "The You're Not Good Enough To Play With The Big Boys Cup"?
I'm not sure that the clubs involved would relish a cup that didn't have much kudos in it due to the missing "Big Teams".
Just my opinion.

Chance of winning a cup and to be honest you can't keep the sectional and have 30 league games this season is going to 14th June and that was with a pretty good winter n 22 league games

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can remember they had the old Cunningham cup & when you won that you played the winner of the Kyle & Carrick cup in the semi & then played whatever the other 2 sections were called in the Super cup final . It was shite . We then let the bigger clubs give it a miss & it lasted a season . Same would happen again.
It's no hard 16 team league starting beginning of August . Scottish 1st & last week September . West 1st week October then the Ayrshire/Central cup. 4 trophies & plenty time for all the games

11 hours ago, Kennie said:

First block of West Region Fixtures all ready for release if I get the nod from the clubs at the AGM.

Sectional league cup and 12 league fixtures.

I have left spaces for the Scottish Cup and the West of Scotland Cup.

Who are we playing in the first few games of the league ? Just so we know whether to vote for you or not. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about anybody else, but I was insanely jealous last week when all the other professional teams were posting their fixtures for the season, like below.

Fingers (and everything else!) crossed for a successful outcome of the fixtures proposal tonight. Would make a world of difference to our game.

0362934a5cfd0e95f68e59e63c39edf2.jpg

The draw for the first round of the West is usually made tonight. The season will kick off with the sectional league cups on Wednesday 2nd August. The fixtures for the season up to Saturday 23rd September will be published after the meeting. This Saturday is the first round of the Scottish Junior Cup. If any replays are required for this is usually the following Saturday. This Saturday is also the traditional Glasgow September weekend and a large number of clubs don't want a fixture. These are issues that any match secretary will face. So I wouldn't place any problems around this time on the current match secretary. He then needs to alter fixtures around this time and November and December for the Scottish and West. This actually makes it impossible to put a fixture list out that won't have numerous changes to reflect these games. No one should claim that they can take a magic wand to resolve the issues around the fixture list. This has been explained many times by the general secretary and accepted by clubs/delegates. Therefore they needs to do 2 things. Play through holiday weekends and find a solution to replays being played on the following Saturday by playing under floodlights if possible like senior clubs.

I also believe the present general secretary will have enough support to retain his position, however the association will hold him to better management of fixture scheduling.

4 hours ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

The draw for the first round of the West is usually made tonight. The season will kick off with the sectional league cups on Wednesday 2nd August. The fixtures for the season up to Saturday 23rd September will be published after the meeting. This Saturday is the first round of the Scottish Junior Cup. If any replays are required for this is usually the following Saturday.

But the majority of the West Region clubs will get byes in R1 of the Cup, and only a very small number of those that ARE drawn to play should require a replay or be postponed. Once the R1 draw has been made, other fixtures for that date can be finalised and the following week too. If replays etc lead to further changes, that's no worse than what we've been used to.

This Saturday is also the traditional Glasgow September weekend and a large number of clubs don't want a fixture.

Tough. Live with it! These "traditional weekends" are an anachronism and need to be scrapped.

These are issues that any match secretary will face. So I wouldn't place any problems around this time on the current match secretary.

There is no such post as match secretary at regional level. Scott Robertson is General Secretary (for a little bit longer at time of writing).

He then needs to alter fixtures around this time and November and December for the Scottish and West. This actually makes it impossible to put a fixture list out that won't have numerous changes to reflect these games.

Balderdash! R1 of the WoSC involves all member clubs. It only requires a date to be set, not fixture changes. Again, any fixture changes resulting from Scottish Cup issues will only affect some clubs, can be lived with, and are no more disruptive than the current no-fixtures-til-the-last-minute situation.

No one should claim that they can take a magic wand to resolve the issues around the fixture list. This has been explained many times by the general secretary and accepted by clubs/delegates.

More correctly, this has been ASSERTED many times by the GS and clubs are fed up with being expected to tolerate his arrogance.

Therefore they needs to do 2 things. Play through holiday weekends and find a solution to replays being played on the following Saturday by playing under floodlights if possible like senior clubs.

Finally something sensible! Ye'll get no argument from me about that!

I also believe the present general secretary will have enough support to retain his position,

I sincerely hope you're wrong about that. In any case we should know the outcome very soon.

however the association will hold him to better management of fixture scheduling.

IF he clings on by the skin of his dentures, he HAS to up his game fixture-wise or he WILL be oot on his bahookie this time next year!!

13 minutes ago, Bennan said:

Fixtures not on SJFA site as yet !

It's on the Glens website. It can't be scheduled in for a flag unfurling because we were 2015/16 Champions and I'm sure our first two league games the following season were away?

54 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

It's on the Glens website. It can't be scheduled in for a flag unfurling because we were 2015/16 Champions and I'm sure our first two league games the following season were away?

Cant be 17th August that's a Thursday

Archived