Oliver McBurnie

kenny131

Mcburnie awarded PL2 player of the year,  I've seen him now on 10 occasions for the swans u23 and is great player. Next season should be his 1st team break through or spending a year on loan getting 1st team football. He certainly is the best striking prospect for a while, good in the air great finisher and has pace.

Good news. Can't say I've seen anything special from him tbh, but his award suggests otherwise. 

What was concerning me was that each new Swansea manager recently brought him into the first team early in their reign only to bomb him out again quickly, never to return until a new boss came in. I suppose that suggests he has potential but just isn't ready for first team duties yet.

When I, m home I take the kid on a mon/Tues night to watch them as it's only a quid. He always plays well and looks the standout on the pitch but still to see him playing like that in a 1st team, personally would like to see him go on a 1 year loan championship which may happen given his award.

When I, m home I take the kid on a mon/Tues night to watch them as it's only a quid. He always plays well and looks the standout on the pitch but still to see him playing like that in a 1st team, personally would like to see him go on a 1 year loan championship which may happen given his award.

Agree he is our best striking option. Swansea under 23 done ok this year and have 6 scots in there team with mcburnie, Fulton, biabi, Byers, king and Blair. Heard good reviews about George Byers to will be interesting to see if a couple of these players make it to the first team regularly like Kingsley. Fulton, biabi, Kingsley, Ryan Blair all played first team games for Falkirk so they deserve some credit also.

• 10 months later...
18 hours ago, Chimter-boys said:

Quite raw, but he looked up for it; which was a change from Cairney's general attitude.

Agree..Cairney looked like he wanted to be elsewhere which is fine..I will happily drive him back to Fulham based on his performance...shows how mad the money in England is because if he is worth 20m then likes of Kenny Mclean, Armstrong, McGinn are worth the same as he is no better than any of them

16 minutes ago, troopio said:

Agree..Cairney looked like he wanted to be elsewhere which is fine..I will happily drive him back to Fulham based on his performance...shows how mad the money in England is because if he is worth 20m then likes of Kenny Mclean, Armstrong, McGinn are worth the same as he is no better than any of them

I'm not sure playing him alongside 3 other similar central midfielders in an absolutely horrific 3-6-1 formation is really putting his abilities to the best of use, to be honest.

I'm not sure playing him alongside 3 other similar central midfielders in an absolutely horrific 3-6-1 formation is really putting his abilities to the best of use, to be honest.

Ah see ur point, but McTominay is more of a sitting midfielder?

Cairney wasn't much worse thsn the others tbf. It was more his demeanour that seemed off. He might just have a wee ratty face or something but he appeared to be smirking/doing sniders during the anthems. Then during the game he never really looked intetested in making an impression

27 minutes ago, Chimter-boys said:

Ah see ur point, but McTominay is more of a sitting midfielder?

Agree he is, as is McDonald, but he's another fairly slow, technically decent midfielder. The fact he had another 3 fairly slow, technically decent midfielders all playing in the space he would normally use made it difficult for him (or any of the other 3) to really get in the game. I genuinely think we should bin that 3-6-1 or whatever it was supposed to be.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Cairney wasn't much worse thsn the others tbf. It was more his demeanour that seemed off. He might just have a wee ratty face or something but he appeared to be smirking/doing sniders during the anthems. Then during the game he never really looked intetested in making an impression

Probably because he was being played wildly out of position. Bang in form, finally gets a chance, and then gets punted into a position he's never played. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably because he was being played wildly out of position. Bang in form, finally gets a chance, and then gets punted into a position he's never played. 

Not for me. Witnessing his lack of effort actually at the game I have no doubts he should not be in another squad.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Not for me. Witnessing his lack of effort actually at the game I have no doubts he should not be in another squad.

You went to that? 

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Of course. You should've too since its just round the corner.

I considered it very briefly but came to my senses :angel

Its a fair trek from the leafy west end too, tbf.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

I considered it very briefly but came to my senses :angel

Its a fair trek from the leafy west end too, tbf.

Only really went as the youngest went on and on about it tbh.

He enjoyed our wee jaunt to Cathkin Park beforehand more than the fitba though :lol: . Next Scotland game for me will be Belgium. 

Archived