Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

I seem to remember this, but if I mind right it was more he left the EDL because the "unfair" reputation it had gained and it was causing him, and his family, trouble rather than any actual realisation that he was wrong. The man's a fud.

He claims The Quiliam foundation paid him to leave the EDL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I don't remember the white Christian community being asked to do more and be vocal in their condemnation of IRA terrorists in the 1990s.

In Northern Ireland from the 1970s, the Catholic Church was regulary asked by Unionist political representatives to excommunicate IRA terrorists. Commiting atrocities would forfit their right to Christian burial etc.

I haven't read through this whole thread but Manchester has also been bombed by the IRA :(

I started up YouTube yesterday and the vids of this Tommy boy are in my suggested viewing list. What does YouTube think of me? Maybe because I like fighting videos it assumes I'm a moron?

I watch quite a bit of LBC and Owen Jones stuff and then get linked to Tommy Robinson videos from that.

Tommy Robinson unfortunately now gets promoted by Alt Right American media muppets like "The Rebel Media". Sadly keeps him fairly popular and active when previously he looked to be fading into irrelevance.

Are you the apostate? My cousin's one as well. 

Haha, Not at all. Just pointing out as I am speaking in favour like most people are but probably coming across the opposite.

As I have said before I am Muslim by marriage/law and know enough to accept Islam for what it is and enough (all be it from outside the UK, which is maybe where there are a lot of disparity) to see the problems Islam has that need addressed internally. From my own honest opinion, I don't care for religion but also respect people's right to have their own belief.

As, I think Invergowrie Arab has said there is a lot of integration going on which is fantastic. Again, being outside the UK all that appears in press coverage is the continued isolation which is a problem and that isolation.

My own experience of imams, clerics and laws, is hugely disappointing and is similar to one of the posters earlier.

My opinion is relevant to what I see and I'm happy to see a lot of positives coming out, but there is more needing done internally at least outside of Europe.

These extremists and the far right want to make it an us and them fight, but it's not and it's good to see the majority on either side at least in the UK doing positive things.

I've only one muslim friend really , he plays 5 a sides with us and comes on the odd night out, we call him Desi because he's always the designated driver ,sound guy, takes his religion quite serious but is by no means preachy, has had the odd incident where somebody has had a go at him in Belfast or wherever, just replies "Look who's Fucking Talking!" when it happens.:lol:

7 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Tommy Robinson unfortunately now gets promoted by Alt Right American media muppets like "The Rebel Media". Sadly keeps him fairly popular and active when previously he looked to be fading into irrelevance.

You can imagine the likes of Tommy Robinson and proffesional c**t Katie Hopkins doing a fist punch and shouting yasss when they heard the bomb went off.

Haha, Not at all. Just pointing out as I am speaking in favour like most people are but probably coming across the opposite.

As I have said before I am Muslim by marriage/law and know enough to accept Islam for what it is and enough (all be it from outside the UK, which is maybe where there are a lot of disparity) to see the problems Islam has that need addressed internally. From my own honest opinion, I don't care for religion but also respect people's right to have their own belief.

As, I think Invergowrie Arab has said there is a lot of integration going on which is fantastic. Again, being outside the UK all that appears in press coverage is the continued isolation which is a problem and that isolation.

My own experience of imams, clerics and laws, is hugely disappointing and is similar to one of the posters earlier.

My opinion is relevant to what I see and I'm happy to see a lot of positives coming out, but there is more needing done internally at least outside of Europe.

These extremists and the far right want to make it an us and them fight, but it's not and it's good to see the majority on either side at least in the UK doing positive things.

I wasn't meaning to have a go there just having a joke. Is it Indonesia you reside in? I agree Islam has problems that need addressing but I don't think that conversation is one that needs the input of the far right here and the New Atheist movement who both come at it with very obvious racist attitudes. I think as well that the dynamics between the Muslim community and wider society obviously differs from the country they reside in. The Muslim community in the U.K. has done a lot of active work to combat the threat of radicalisation and liaises constantly with the government despite heavy handed and arguably counter productive initiatives such as Prevent which has been criticised by the UN IIRC as potentially increasing the likelihood of radicalisation.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbh id have thought with your "fighting" style it would have linked videos of Usain Bolt

I might have to class myself as retired as I've not boxed anyone for about 9 months now, including the wife & kid.

Do we actually know (as well as you can) that this was a targeted attack on young people? There are gigs on all the time at that arena, and he apparently walked in off the street when the gig had finished makes me wonder if it wasn't more simply looking for an appropriate opportunity once he'd picked his time, rather than this concert as a particular target.

It may be the case that it was, but I don't see that crediting him with a more sinister and shocking action than is proven to be will help fight against those who would commit copy-cat crimes looking for maximum attention.

I wasn't meaning to have a go there just having a joke. Is it Indonesia you reside in? I agree Islam has problems that need addressing but I don't think that conversation is one that needs the input of the far right here and the New Atheist movement who both come at it with very obvious racist attitudes. I think as well that the dynamics between the Muslim community and wider society obviously differs from the country they reside in. The Muslim community in the U.K. has done a lot of active work to combat the threat of radicalisation and liaises constantly with the government despite heavy handed and arguably counter productive initiatives such as Prevent which has been criticised by the UN IIRC as potentially increasing the likelihood of radicalisation.

Its not a bother, it was a good retort!

It's been and interesting debate and enlightening and good to see a lot is happening in the U.K. (I'm currently in Singapore but live and was married in Indoensia), hence the different perspectives.

Like Paris, this pisses me off no end as attacks like this are disgusting, but I also see my wife and family not even knowing where to look and feeling shame as social media explodes with 'send them all home' 'bomb them back to the stone age' , etc, etc. That's where collectively they have to do more to denounce it and as I said the Imams have to be more emphatic, like the ones clearly in Dundee.

Radicalisation is a huge problem for Islam and enough isn't being done internally and probably it's not reported as much in the west as its not 'relevant'. In the past month the mayor of Jakarta had to endure trumped up charges of blasphemy during his re-election campaign, which he eventually lost in a run-off and subsequently sentenced to two years in prison. This is a mayor who came in, started to stamp out corruption and make positive changes for the city. The charges were brought by radical clerics purely because he was a Christian and miss quoted the Koran stating that no Muslim should be governed by an infidel. Now its all past and people are up in arms now the 'old regime' are back in and corruption and crap can start again.

More could have been done to stop these 'radicals' but it wasn't.

There are pushes by clear minorities to implement elements of Shia law in Indonesia, which frankly most don't want, but the common 'good' Muslim isn't likely to make waves and thus the cycle of problems continue. Again its in effectual Imams.

54 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I might have to class myself as retired as I've not boxed anyone for about 9 months now, including the wife & kid.

In my experience, most boxers aren't ever totally retired.

Archived