Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

It is nihilist atrocity spectacle for whose goal seems to be to "punish" the infidel and to raise enough of a backlash to "awaken" the faithful from what the bombers see as their world of decadence away from god.

It seems to be similar to much of the thinking of far left terror groups of the 70s who has some kind of idea from the likes of Frantz Fannon that the violence of actions would awaken people from the cognitive dissonance and throw free the shackles of capitalism. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During wwii the Americans interned 11000 germans out of a population of millions, they also interned 120000 Japanese out of a population of around 130000.
Being 1/16 Japanese was enough to land you in a camp.
The parallels to a "muslim community" are obvious and still racist.

12 minutes ago, Jim Bowen said:

That worked well for them.

667c38d3551356e42df54bffc3129dff.jpg

You are aware that this occurred before Spain withdrew, rather sensibly as a result of this, from Iraq?

Well, of course you don't as you are a dribbling, simple loser.

I wish the print media would stop lazily reporting tweets and building a story out of that as an alternative to real journalism. Controversy is currency to boring fucks like Pearson and Hopkins and if their deliberate shit stirring was left to Twitter and not given a wider audience they might just piss off. Every paper is guilty of this.

It did gladden my heart to read that a Sun hack got attacked by wee girls for doorstepping families in Manchester.

The likes of Hopkins feed from the hate pointed their way. It's exactly what they want. The unfortunate thing is that you can't reason with a lot of the idiots who will continue to retweet and reply to them with outrage and anger. All you can do is hope that folk that should know better will just give these people a wide berth.

Shocked and saddened to wake up to this news this morning. A despicable and cowardly act. 
More needs to he done in the Muslim community to root out these scum before they act. Someone close to him must of been aware of what he was planning but did nothing. 

Why must someone close "of" been aware?

What about all the mass murderers, paedos, rapists, etc, throughout history... by your logic noone would ever be able to commit a crime because they would always have stupidly told someone or given a hint about it beforehand.

There is always this bizarre assertion that "the Muslim community" (whatever the f**k that is supposed to mean) should do more, without ever specifying what it is.

It's funny how "the Christian community" were never blamed for any IRA or UVF atrocity.

There are certain people - that bint off the Apprentice being one - who absolutely fucking love a terror attack.
Oh they pretend to be outraged, they pretend to grieve for the families, they pretend they're the only ones willing to stand up to it, but ultimately the revel in it, like the fucking ghouls they are.
There's a tangible sense of satisfaction when it turns out the bomber/shooter/driver was a Muslim, and a simmering sense of disappointment when something doesn't fit their narrative e.g Times Square last week.
Few of them on this thread, you know who you are.

This is true.

Also though, there's also plenty who appear to be equally self righteous when it turns out the assailant wasn't a refugee and who'll spend more time condemning folk on social media.

Does jumping the gun a bit and assuming it was Muslim extremists automatically make someone racist and xenophobic? No.

If you're angry about this and start looking for answers as to how we stop it happening (see Piers Morgan this morning) - does it automatically make you "driven by hate"? No.

I abhor racism, but if you question the good the self righteous element are doing then the debate is almost always shut down by "you sound like a right wing racist" or similar.

Polarised politics and morals. Extremes on both sides, and loads of disillusionment in between.

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What about all the mass murderers, paedos, rapists, etc, throughout history... by your logic noone would ever be able to commit a crime because they would always have stupidly told someone or given a hint about it beforehand.

There is always this bizarre assertion that "the Muslim community" (whatever the f**k that is supposed to mean) should do more, without ever specifying what it is.

It's funny how "the Christian community" were never blamed for any IRA or UVF atrocity.

Sadly, most people who spout this pish think that everything would be solved by them not being Muslim.

26 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Any particular reason why you aren't using your Chlamydia Kid log in?

Hopefully that will see the end of that c**t. McSpreader next, please. 

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Exactly this.

If somebody in my family gets done for burglary, should I have been on my toes to try and stop them and/or tip them off to the police before they do it?

This jihadi fanaticism will fade away eventually like all these cults do. It was created by the following imo:

1. The boom in oil prices in the 70's allowed Saudi Arabia to fund extremist Sunni schools and preachers globally.

2. The formation of a theocracy in Iran encouraged resistance to Sunni dominance over Shia.

3. Western intervention in Iraq polarised what was emerging as a Sunni v Shia civil war, and led Sadaam Sunni loyalists to join up with Al Qaeda remnants to form IS, partly to resist Shia dominance and persecution. 

4. The Syrian revolt was rapidly hijacked by jihadis as they were the most experienced militarily and were backed with arms and money from Sunni states against the Alawite/ Shia  dominated Government.

Conclusion. Iran and Syria have to go into talks about calming things down, the jihadis thrive on chaos. Trump has to shut his fucking mouth.

This is true.

Also though, there's also plenty who appear to be equally self righteous when it turns out the assailant wasn't a refugee and who'll spend more time condemning folk on social media.

Does jumping the gun a bit and assuming it was Muslim extremists automatically make someone racist and xenophobic? No.

If you're angry about this and start looking for answers as to how we stop it happening (see Piers Morgan this morning) - does it automatically make you "driven by hate"? No.

I abhor racism, but if you question the good the self righteous element are doing then the debate is almost always shut down by "you sound like a right wing racist" or similar.

Polarised politics and morals. Extremes on both sides, and loads of disillusionment in between.

Yes it does.

Just now, anotherchance said:

This is true.

Not denying that.

Clearly there is a problem with sections of the Islamic faith, and indeed with certain beliefs of the Islamic faith, in a way that (in this day and age) there isn't with, say, the Jewish faith.

We can recognise that though, without resorting to blaming people who haven't done anything.

Refugees would be a prime example: Manchester attacker, Westminster attacker, Jo Cox's killer (he was a terrorist just like the others), Lee Rigby's killers - all born in the UK.

Why then do we have the reaction about "letting too many refugees in" when this kind of thing happens? What does it have to do with them?

As long as we demonise everyone in the Muslim faith, we're playing into the hands of the terrorists. If that woman off the Apprentice had been born in Saudi Arabia she'd be beheading infidels, make no mistake about it.

As I've said above, I'm not denying there's a problem, I just think we need a more intelligent solution than the knee-jerk reaction we often see, which can only contribute to a feeling of alienation, a feeling of not belonging, which these scumbags prey on.

And by that I don't mean jumping the gun - it's almost always some skinhead bloke or some bloke called Mohammed, a right-wing lunatic or a Muslim lunatic.

Hope this doesn't sound like me having a go, I think we agree. The solution isn't to shut down debate, or say "this has nothing to do with Islam". It clearly has SOMETHING to do with Islam, even if it's an Islam which most Muslims wouldn't recognise.

At the same time though, I think allowing that woman off the Apprentice, or Farage, or Britain First of whoever else to use it as a reason to attack ALL Muslims only makes further attacks more likely, and they should quite rightly be challenged.

Don't be an arsehole, I quite clearly said I disagree with the man's political views, as a fan of his band I know a wee bit about the guy, he was a republican speech writer prior to going into music. But since you asked I met him in HMV glasgow before one of his gigs, he was surprised i recognised him and we chatted for about 30 minutes, he then took my name and number and put me on the VIP list for the gig that night at the garage. Then chatted for a bit after the gig. Met him and Dave the guitarist from the band a couple years after. People can hold views you don't agree with/object too and you can still get on with them.

Can't believe a P+B member has slept with Steve Brookstein. This place never ceases to amaze me.

Assuming that an act of terrorism must have been a Muslim before any actual facts are known is racist.

When news of that incident broke last night it was always a fairly safe bet that this was Islamic extremism.

Denying that is insanity.

Archived