Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Heavyweight political analyst Jodie Marsh has weighed in and wants to deport all on terrorist watch list. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3629893/jodie-marsh-twitter-terror-attack

Obviously the flaw is where do they deport all the Scottish, Irish, and English folk on the list.

Wales. Seems pretty simple tbh.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

First and foremost, an utterly fucking horrific attack and I can't even begin to imagine what some families must be feeling today. Not for any of that indulgent "it could've been me" crap, but it does resonate even more when it's people leaving a gig like that.

I really would like to know what the 'solution' is that Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins etc. have to end these atrocities. I see people on Twitter giving it the whole "they're saying what we're all thinking" speech. I'm not thinking what they're saying, but pretend we all were. What the f**k can you do to stop attacks like this? Huge state surveillance can only go so far, one or two people are almost certainly going to slip through the cracks.

This isn't like the IRA conflict (and I'm not condoning their bombings for a second by the way), these Islamic extremists have no realistic end game. The IRA wanted British soldiers out of Northern Ireland and a united Ireland, not all that likely but still an outside chance of it happening. How can you negotiate towards peace with these people, and how can you actually stop them from existing? There's no country to invade, there's no Berlin bunker to trap them in. There's a Stewart Lee routine that essentially makes this point.

Ultimately, the NI situation was brought to a conclusion by the parties involved coming together round a table and thrashing out a compromise that while it might not have completely suited anyone, at least gave them a modus vivendi to be going along with.

Here, there is no realistic hope of negotiation with an ideology whose stated aim is to implement a fundamentalist caliphate stretching from Spain to China and from Bulgaria to Sudan, effectively bringing on their equivalent of judgement day...they're not budging on those ones, and we're never going to give them what they want, so we are where we are.

It reminds me a bit of the scene in the first Independence Day where the US president asks the aliens what they want from humanity: "We want you to die."

There's no prospect of meaningful negotiation with an organisation motivated by that type of eschatological monomania - the likes of the NI thing was essentially a territorial dispute although it had a religious side to it, and thus was easier both to understand and eventually to resolve. Radicalisation is a process that happens outside territorial space, completely within someone's head, and unfortunately no matter how good the security services are in many cases the first indication that someone has crossed the line to radicalisation will continue to be when they convert themselves into airborne mince.

I assume he has reported his inside info to the relevant authorities. Either that, or he is being a racist piece of shit.

To the surprise of absolutely no-one, I was correct in my assumption. Care to retract your faux outrage?

4 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

To the surprise of absolutely no-one, I was correct in my assumption. Care to retract your faux outrage?

See the point, way over there? 

No of course you dont you smug twat

Shocked and saddened to wake up to this news this morning. A despicable and cowardly act. 

More needs to he done in the Muslim community to root out these scum before they act. Someone close to him must of been aware of what he was planning but did nothing. 

Would it be a start to stop supporting Saudi and Israel? Two major contributors to terrorism and hypocrisy right there. I think we are too far gone to avoid more attacks now though. The mps appear on countless panels on tv and radio and yet they are never questioned about the hypocrisy and double standards or that a million marched against the Iraq war and they ignored it all just to suck up to America to continue bullying the rest of the world for resources and power. Spain got it right stay the f**k away from the middle east.

There are certain people - that bint off the Apprentice being one - who absolutely fucking love a terror attack.

Oh they pretend to be outraged, they pretend to grieve for the families, they pretend they're the only ones willing to stand up to it, but ultimately they revel in it, like the fucking ghouls they are.

There's a tangible sense of satisfaction when it turns out the bomber/shooter/driver was a Muslim, and a simmering sense of disappointment when something doesn't fit their narrative e.g Times Square last week.

Few of them on this thread, you know who you are.

12 minutes ago, tintax said:

Shocked and saddened to wake up to this news this morning. A despicable and cowardly act. 

More needs to he done in the Muslim community to root out these scum before they act. Someone close to him must of been aware of what he was planning but did nothing. 

Speaking as a member of the Christian community...

Archived