Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sooky said:

I think the main difference now is that the military will be present at key landmarks/events?

Just watched the full announcement, she was saying that another attack was "highly likely". Think they've realised the Arena attacker wasn't alone.

Yeah I'd imagine security will be raised. Was visiting the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Glasgow earlier and even there there were Police patrolling the grounds.

I've got Kiss on Saturday. Not really bothered about it to be honest. But people at work came over all concerned about it today, it does make you think. By attacking a soft target like last night, they have really made an impact on the country far more than they have done previously, in my opinion.

c***s.

Just now, mizfit said:

Is the election going to be postponed for now?

Not unless it escalates. They wouldn't postpone one for a coach party of school kids going off a cliff because of a drunk driver, I don't see this as much different, apart from having targets for revenge.

Just now, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've got Kiss on Saturday. Not really bothered about it to be honest.

Congrats, on your new relationship.   

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Is the election going to be postponed for now?

"Now is not the time"

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've got Kiss on Saturday. Not really bothered about it to be honest. But people at work came over all concerned about it today, it does make you think. By attacking a soft target like last night, they have really made an impact on the country far more than they have done previously, in my opinion.

c***s.

You couldn't make it up really could you?

15 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Just watched the full announcement, she was saying that another attack was "highly likely". Think they've realised the Arena attacker wasn't alone.

Yeah I'd imagine security will be raised. Was visiting the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Glasgow earlier and even there there were Police patrolling the grounds.

There's been a quite visible police presence there all week. Someone said it could be in case someone tries to finish off that taxi driver that was attacked last week.

It's surprising that attacking soft targets hasn't been more common to be honest. I've always thought that it was strange that the terrorists go for places like airports, which are incredibly secure, when lower league football matches in England can have 10k-20k people in a confined space, and often with pretty light security. I've never been searched going into the home end of any ground outside of the EPL, even when I've had a bag.

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

During wwii the Americans interned 11000 germans out of a population of millions, they also interned 120000 Japanese out of a population of around 130000.
Being 1/16 Japanese was enough to land you in a camp.
The parallels to a "muslim community" are obvious and still racist.

You are right although it might have been a problem if they locked up people called Eisenhower or Nimitz.

Anyone know much about the change jn threat level? Do they need to have intel of an actual plot (obviously without the major details) or just a connection between the Manchester bomber and other nutters? 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Anyone know much about the change jn threat level? Do they need to have intel of an actual plot (obviously without the major details) or just a connection between the Manchester bomber and other nutters? 

If the fitba threads are anything to go by, there will be a wheen of posters with inside intelligence...

16 minutes ago, blanco said:

There's been a quite visible police presence there all week. Someone said it could be in case someone tries to finish off that taxi driver that was attacked last week.

Been visiting the past month and hadn't seen any, today there were vans and, as I said Police patrolling and near the entrance. 

That's the PM announcing Military personnel are being deployed as well.

Going by the news it sounds like its a precaution as they haven't been able to completely rule out that the terrorist wasn't part of a wider network and was acting as a lone wolf.

Archived