Far Cry 5

Cerberus

Just did a mission for the chef. I had to kill a couple of bulls. Without spoilers, I was pishing myself laughing when I let the cows in to the bull pen. You'll know what I mean when you get there [emoji38]

Really enjoying it, after doing some damage to the big YES billboard and blowing f**k out of silo's, John marked me. Bit of a pain in the arse having planes out looking for you.

Spoiler

The confession scene after you're caught is exceptional.

I don’t know if I can adequately describe how much I enjoy spanking someone over the head with a shovel with a smiley face on it. Absolutely glorious.
Not got the smiley shovel but killing an enemy but launching a shovel/baseball bat/pipe/oar is great fun
Really enjoying it, after doing some damage to the big YES billboard and blowing f**k out of silo's, John marked me. Bit of a pain in the arse having planes out looking for you.

Spoiler The confession scene after you're caught is exceptional.

Only dealt with him so far and the scenes with him are good. The planes don't go away and the other 2 disciples use them get the gun for hire from the North East corner of the map as quick as you can as he has a rocket launcher and that helps

Never played any Far Cry games. This worth me picking it up in my work for £35?

For that price, absolutely.

Is it just me finding the AI extremely unforgiving here? I'm not dying every time but I rarely get through a conflict with all my medkits intact. I can't seem to travel any more than 100 feet in any direction without the white warning marker coming up either!

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is it just me finding the AI extremely unforgiving here? I'm not dying every time but I rarely get through a conflict with all my medkits intact. I can't seem to travel any more than 100 feet in any direction without the white warning marker coming up either!

Yeah same, even the simpler missions I find I'm struggling to get by without using two medkits.

Yeah same, even the simpler missions I find I'm struggling to get by without using two medkits.

Glad it isn't me. Certainly not a gripe either. If I could waltz in and clear the place then I'd get bored very quickly. I didn't think it was previously this difficult though.

I find my go to guy is the pilot just now though.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I find my go to guy is the pilot just now though.

Yep, find the dog gets killed far too quickly. Nick from the sky is pretty invaluable.

Just need 600 more points and I imagine I'll have a face off with John. Not explored the other regions yet, so looking forward to opening the world up a bit more.

20180402_162019.jpg

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It took me about 5 attempts to take over the FANG centre but it was worth it to get cheeseburger 

Yep, find the dog gets killed far too quickly. Nick from the sky is pretty invaluable.
Just need 600 more points and I imagine I'll have a face off with John. Not explored the other regions yet, so looking forward to opening the world up a bit more.

20180402_162019.thumb.jpg.4cfec77a15b4becbc6482c1422b72f52.jpg

It took me about 5 attempts to take over the FANG centre but it was worth it to get cheeseburger 

I'm still in John's area. I assume you're allowed to go anywhere though? I thought about leaving to go and get Cheeseburger but I've got a bit of OCD with maps like that in that I like to clear an area before I move on.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm still in John's area. I assume you're allowed to go anywhere though? I thought about leaving to go and get Cheeseburger but I've got a bit of OCD with maps like that in that I like to clear an area before I move on.

You can jump between areas. I finished John's region (apart from a couple of side missions) before heading north 

NerdCubed had it right with this game - it's one that never, ever stops.  It's just stuff on top of stuff on top of stuff.  See a guy?  You'll save him and he'll tell you about a stash.  Walk towards that stash, you'll come across a farm to liberate with its own person to save.  They'll tell you about another character.  Then you'll come across a lake to do some fishing.  Then a mountain lion will attack you.  Then a silo.  Etc etc etc until you've spent 3 hours and you're not sure how.

I'm still not convinced I'm really enjoying the game in as many words, but it is absorbing.  Suspect the repetitive parts of it will get boring by the time I've played it for a really long time, but it's the first open-world game I've managed to get into in the past year or so, probably since Horizon.

Plus I'm only playing it until I can get Peaches and Cheeseburger.

Anyone done the missions with Larry the UFO guy?
You get a mad thundergun at the end of the final quest - pretty funny chucking about cows with it

Done the missions (1st time I discovered that friendly fire exists after I shot him in the head after he picked me up in the helicopter) and have not played about wit the gun.