Far Cry 5

Cerberus

• 3 months later...

Completed the FC5 storyline a couple of weeks ago but I was about 31% complete but couldn’t be bothered finishing it off. Most entertaining though and glad I persevered through the storyline. Some really tough missions to keep the interest going. I never got more than about 6 hours into the other FCs but I must have done about 40 on FC5. Some great humour, it’s looks amazing and the story is properly engaging and the boss battles tough enough but not impossible.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Started this not long ago but the amount of enemies, especially on the roads is overkill to be honest. Can't drive 100 yards along the road without 2 or 3 trucks full of enemies passing you everytime which ends up in a firefight which uses up all your ammo before you get to your next objective.

• 9 months later...

If anyone is interested UbiSoft have a deal going which has FC5 (original edition) for £7.50

Can't imagine there are many out there who want to but haven't played it yet but that seems a decent enough price.

In regard to FC, I just feel it's by the numbers now. FC3 was a genuine step forward, but every game after that has been the same template albeit with minor tweaks. Not that the games are bad, they certainly aren't, just a bit dull now.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

If anyone is interested UbiSoft have a deal going which has FC5 (original edition) for £7.50

Can't imagine there are many out there who want to but haven't played it yet but that seems a decent enough price.

In regard to FC, I just feel it's by the numbers now. FC3 was a genuine step forward, but every game after that has been the same template albeit with minor tweaks. Not that the games are bad, they certainly aren't, just a bit dull now.

You can get the digital version of Far Cry 3 on the PS4 and XB1 for £2.50 as well if anyone’s interested in it.

Wouldn't disagree with anything you said. I generally love the open world Ubisoft formula but the Far Cry games in particular are a bit samey.

Yeah, they have been very samey but I love the setting and have always been willing to overlook that. Helps that I always wait til the price comes down as well!

Must say though, I really enjoyed Primal for something totally different.

Primal was an interesting wee game, I didn't complete it - maybe 75%, but it became really grindy need the end (imo). Aside from the games being so samey, I'm on PC so FC4 was a complete mess until patched and I dislike FC5 because of the Americana.

• 2 years later...

I’m playing FC5 on PS4 (early on) and there’s a bit where I climb up a radio tower.

After that I’m asked to zoom in/out (L2/R2) on the map and it won’t let me at all. Reinstalled it and everything.

I can’t progress in the game beyond this bit and it’s driving me mad.   

Anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it please? 

I’m not far in at all so might try starting again. 

If that doesn’t work - contact the developer and complain? 

18 hours ago, Girth said:

I’m playing FC5 on PS4 (early on) and there’s a bit where I climb up a radio tower.

After that I’m asked to zoom in/out (L2/R2) on the map and it won’t let me at all. Reinstalled it and everything.

I can’t progress in the game beyond this bit and it’s driving me mad.   

Anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it please? 

I’m not far in at all so might try starting again. 

If that doesn’t work - contact the developer and complain? 

I tihnk you need to use the binoculars? Did you equip the binoculars first? Sure you press down on the D pad.