Evening Times Cup Final 2017

codofthenorth

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pretty sure he was involved in our presentation before?

That was the WOS Cup Final last season . He presented the trophy and was absolutely steaming .

12 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

Pollok & Evening Times seem to be a partnership of sorts going on there

You should change your name to Agent Mulder with all those conspiracy theories rattling around in your tiny brain 

You should change your name to Agent Mulder with all those conspiracy theories rattling around in your tiny brain 

Trust me Archie I have considered or many times lol.

Tbh though quite surprised the WOS appears to be played at Pollok every year. As well as the ET cup,

Just an observation

It's well known that the WoS Final being played at Newlandsfield is a condition insisted on by the sponsor who is the gentleman referred to in previous posts.

As for the ET final, I'm not sure whether it's the ET or the West Region who keep picking Newlandsfield. AFAIK it comes down to location and public transport links.

The money that comes to Pollok as a consequence is minimal (unless we're participating) and, as I've already stated, in my opinion hosting it every damn season is an imposition we would be much better off without! Better still bin the whole nonsense completely

It's well known that the WoS Final being played at Newlandsfield is a condition insisted on by the sponsor who is the gentleman referred to in previous posts.
As for the ET final, I'm not sure whether it's the ET or the West Region who keep picking Newlandsfield. AFAIK it comes down to location and public transport links.
The money that comes to Pollok as a consequence is minimal (unless we're participating) and, as I've already stated, in my opinion hosting it every damn season is an imposition we would be much better off without! Better still bin the whole nonsense completely

Think that summed it up Archie[emoji16]????

Doesnt give much time to get ure park ready for next season either.
And apologies for insinuating the final is at Newlandsfield but thats what was mentioned to me on Saturday.

Cheers for the replies Gents,good to read your views.Usually come up on the train for this one.For some reason, it's become an Annual pilgrimage with the missus.... having a few bevvies along the way and a carry out for the train.I suppose it marks the end of one season before the we start thinking about the next. Think we prefer a game at a Junior ground to that of Kilmarnock for the Junior Cup.

11 hours ago, codofthenorth said:

Cheers for the replies Gents,good to read your views.Usually come up on the train for this one.For some reason, it's become an Annual pilgrimage with the missus.... having a few bevvies along the way and a carry out for the train.I suppose it marks the end of one season before the we start thinking about the next. Think we prefer a game at a Junior ground to that of Kilmarnock for the Junior Cup.

What do you go with? A smooth merlot or a cheeky sauvignon blanc? 

The Evening Times cup seems to be a nuisance. The point made earlier about misplaced sponsorship is spot on. The Scottish seems to struggle for a sponsor whilst this daft cup has been created for no good reason.

No wonder the senior lads call some of them junior thickos. [emoji38] 
This loonball would go to the shop for an evening times newspaper and come back with a fecking slot machine instead . [emoji4] 

Honestly you 2 are picking on him and its not right at all

Don't see why everyone is so against this competition.  Its a good opportunity for the league winners to get some additional silver wear to round of their season and possibly play in a final - so what if it runs on a couple of weeks after the season and there's only a handful of teams involved.

Archived