Well done Glenafton!

Killiepiyo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some achievement for our club.

southy and Potts have lead our boys to this through sheer hard work and determination.  Written off by so many so often, labelled a gang but yet we play (when surfaces allow for it) fast paced sharp passing flowing fitba and it's great to watch!  

Thought the young team were outstanding in their support today, and as usual.  They really can be a 12th man for our team.

Zee & Chessy, outstanding.  Dallas's 2nd - SCREAMER.  All the boys dug in and were solid in 1st half when Rob Roy put some pressure on, but in 2nd half there was only going to be 1 winner!   

I know who my startin 11 would be for final after today.  Is it not 4th June yet?  

Some achievement for our club.

southy and Potts have lead our boys to this through sheer hard work and determination.  Written off by so many so often, labelled a gang but yet we play (when surfaces allow for it) fast paced sharp passing flowing fitba and it's great to watch!  

Thought the young team were outstanding in their support today, and as usual.  They really can be a 12th man for our team.

Zee & Chessy, outstanding.  Dallas's 2nd - SCREAMER.  All the boys dug in and were solid in 1st half when Rob Roy put some pressure on, but in 2nd half there was only going to be 1 winner!   

I know who my startin 11 would be for final after today.  Is it not 4th June yet?  

Did you pay in?? Dozens didn't. Thought that was really poor they all knew what they were doing and sneaked round the back of the shed to head to social club.

Left a bad taste as juniors clubs and fans are usually a honest lot and will pay there way as they know it's hard to keep a club going never mind a homeless one.

At Cumnock on Wednesday night there gate was open before the money man came to take money. About ten of us got in walked for nothing yet when money man appeared went over to pay our way.

Nothing to do with football just loaves a poor taste as its taking liberties.

On topic well done Glenafton no real complaints didn't take the chances we made and we had a few.

Some achievement for our club

I know my starting 11 too. And one of them was sitting on the bench today [emoji6] he didn't play. Think Southy is wrapping him in cottonwood for the final [emoji23][emoji23]
Still buzzing from today, [emoji41][emoji23]

11 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

I know my starting 11 too. And one of them was sitting on the bench today emoji6.png he didn't play. Think Southy is wrapping him in cottonwood for the final emoji23.pngemoji23.png
Still buzzing from today, emoji41.pngemoji23.png

Lynass by any chance?  He wouldn't have had much impact on that surface / those conditions today.  Why put the boy out there on that when we all know he's a lightweight runner who's far more likely to be required when able to show his quality in better conditions.  Like to see him play next week, as it's to be glorious weather & with our big pitch he could do very well in our final league game prior to the big 1 & very certainly put himself in Southy thoughts ahead of it.  

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

Did you pay in?? Dozens didn't. Thought that was really poor they all knew what they were doing and sneaked round the back of the shed to head to social club.

Poor showing. And I could put money on with you exactly who are responsible, the hangers on without a doubt.  As none of our true supporters who are with us in the bad times as well as these good times would consider sneaking in / not paying their way.  Sorry to hear that happened and as I say not true fans of the Super Afton 

Poor showing. And I could put money on with you exactly who are responsible, the hangers on without a doubt.  As none of our true supporters who are with us in the bad times as well as these good times would consider sneaking in / not paying their way.  Sorry to hear that happened and as I say not true fans of the Super Afton 

Appreciate that mate. We have to pay to play there and make little from the social club so to see a full mini bus just walk right in without paying down the far end grown adults was poor as i said stupid on our part not making sure it was locked but still.

Yeah that's the lad. I never gave the heavy surface a thought. Too busy concentrating on getting the win [emoji23]. With the 4g surface at Kilmarnock he could be a thorn in the Talbot defence. But with the squad we have Southy knows what he's doing and how to get the best from them. Roll on the cup final[emoji471]

If there's a loop hole for free entry Cumbernauld should fix it

There isn't a loop hole. It's not happened before.

The gate must have been opened unlocked by someone leaving to retrieve a ball or something down at end glens were warming up and fans just piled in knowing full well it wasn't a proper entrance to the ground. As i said similar thing happened at Cumnock Wednesday and we went back and paid in when someone turned up at gate as a grown adult it's the right thing to do especially when it's junior football club.

Anyway genuinely not trying to detract just an issue that irked me.

If there's a loop hole for free entry Cumbernauld should fix it

Hole and Cumbernauld in the same sentence is asking for trouble ( disclaimer:- in no way am I referring to the good people of KRR nor their ground. ) Remembering the old town centre [emoji15]

Archived