Forfar Athletic 2017-18

Guest bernardblack

I don't understand the slagging of Cox?

He didn't want to play for us, so did the right thing and left. I'd rather he left than stuck about not giving 100%

Good luck to him. He'll score at least 15 before the end of the season there.

Josh signing is great news, he's a bit of class. Just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken doesn't make him a bad footballer. Him and Hilson will play well together.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't want to play for us, so did the right thing and left. I'd rather he left than stuck about not giving 100%

Josh signing is great news, he's a bit of class. Just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken doesn't make him a bad footballer. Him and Hilson will play well together.

That's my hope.That Dale will free up Josh for his poachers role.Bit concerned about lack of signings so far though.

43 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Some merit in what you say, but Josh's first touch is generally awful, either it bounces off of him or he leaves the ball exposed for the defender to nick it.  That indicates he's not that good a footballer as it's generally a prerequisite for a forward.  Cox's first touch was generally great and he will be sorely missed, I hope we don't end up playing against him next season!

Josh doesn't relieve any pressure on the defence at times, last season that wasn't a real problem as we had a midfield that was capable of pushing teams back letting Josh hang around in the box more often.  We don't have that this season and Josh is like playing a man short at times.  That said, more performances like the first half of last week and he'll go up in my estimations.

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Anyone who watched the Albion - Aberdeen game will tell you that Josh was woeful, will Hilson playing help him, tbh they both have very little ball control so i cannot see it working, the actions of the last few days tell me that we are doomed now...it's over.

Anyone who watched the Albion - Aberdeen game will tell you that Josh was woeful, will Hilson playing help him, tbh they both have very little ball control so i cannot see it working, the actions of the last few days tell me that we are doomed now...it's over.
I'm not being snippy but have you seen much of Dale recently?
That's not how I remember him and there didn't seem to be any poor touches in the wee while he had against Raith.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm not being snippy but have you seen much of Dale recently?
That's not how I remember him and there didn't seem to be any poor touches in the wee while he had against Raith.

Dales control was woeful in his 3 spells before.......a certain 'legend' who left last season said "if there is one player you don't want in a one on one its Hilson"....but i would much rather have Dale and Matty up top

Dales control was woeful in his 3 spells before.......a certain 'legend' who left last season said "if there is one player you don't want in a one on one its Hilson"....but i would much rather have Dale and Matty up top
Pretty sure Foxy's comment was partly tongue in cheek at the time. Hilson had banged in 12 goals or so up to December including a fair few one-on-one's, got injured then the goals dried up on his return.

On 19 January 2018 at 16:26, tbsouth said:

:lol: Great to have you back......also great to see you are still talking bollocks. :thumsup2

Double Whammy, losing Coxy and signing Josh.....i can't see us surviving this now.

14 games to go, 42 points to be won and you have written them off . Losing Cox is a blow but let's not overstate his contribution. 

In the match programme 09:12:17 Jim Weir stated he was minus 9 players due to injury. That list has been reduced to Kennedy,  Scott  and new signing Hilson.  Cox, Lister and Mensing  are away but Munro is back and is raring to go. The  transfer window is still open and I have no doubt there will be more comings and goings before it shuts.

It's not over 'til it's over.

6 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

14 games to go, 42 points to be won and you have written them off . Losing Cox is a blow but let's not overstate his contribution. 

In the match programme 09:12:17 Jim Weir stated he was minus 9 players due to injury. That list has been reduced to Kennedy,  Scott  and new signing Hilson.  Cox, Lister and Mensing  are away but Munro is back and is raring to go. The  transfer window is still open and I have no doubt there will be more comings and goings before it shuts.

It's not over 'til it's over.

This /\ /\

A long way to go yet both in the season and the transfer window. Targeted players maybe hanging out for a better deal or their current club mulling over the offer? Team moral is improving and can only improve more with Munro back, he's a big character who leads by example. Better displays are starting to produce points and confidence is increasing. We may go down but I can't see us doing without a fight. Survival is our priority and how we play to achieve that is not important but already we look like a team again. Keep the faith all.

On 19/01/2018 at 18:13, theSilverFox said:

Gutted about wee Coxy leaving, one of the few exciting players of recent years. Hilson, when fit, gives similar drive though. As mentioned already, I hope Jamie Bain doesn't follow David and Gary to Cowdungheap. 

How do you guys rate Jamie Bain?

Guest bernardblack

Hahaha how was his touch woeful?

11 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

Hope you guys can genuinely turn round your fortunes. Last up at Station Park in the 80s. Great wee ground with a fantastic Bridie from the pie stall

Thanks, We're just a bung of neanderthals, we have our difference, at the end of the day my sister, is my mother.  I think both have been sigjn up the Bairns.

See YOU next season

Talking of merceranies, i see Stevie £700 a week Crawford booted out of MK Scum at the weekend....hopefully they struggle to get another job in football. :thumsup2

Crawford looked like a good signing on paper for us but the reality was a waste of a wage on yet another non scoring "striker". Do you SEE what i mean...

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

Crawford looked like a good signing on paper for us but the reality was a waste of a wage on yet another non scoring "striker". Do you SEE what i mean...

Ousman would have been an excellent signing for MK Scum...hopefully they take on another c*** for a manager, Billy Davies or Fat man Evens would fit in perfectly there as they plummet towards oblivion.

Archived