Forfar Athletic 2017-18

30 minutes ago, Loonsdaft!!! said:

Embarrassing, poor foxy. 2 page spread in the courier for AD nowt for Mr Forfar himself. the fans have been asking on Facebook so I can't see them doing anything the fans ask for. 

There's a decent bit in today's Courier about Foxy but really the lack of any sort of mention on the clubs website / Facebook is very poor for a guy who gave an awful lot over the last ten years. The fact he was offered another year and basically signed on at Montrose two days after the playoff final win tells you all you need to know.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a decent bit in today's Courier about Foxy but really the lack of any sort of mention on the clubs website / Facebook is very poor for a guy who gave an awful lot over the last ten years. The fact he was offered another year and basically signed on at Montrose two days after the playoff final win tells you all you need to know.

[emoji848] he hates our GARY

It tells you he wants to play regularly.

18 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Fair play to GB for settling the matter.I think he deserves credit for that.

The facts are as I see them.

GB approached for Raith Rovers job. Interviewed. Did not get job.

"He informed Ken Stewart that he wishes to remain at Station Park."

Given the fact that he is under contract he did not really have much option. FAFC have managed to spin this as an amazing result for the club?

There are some well made comments on line the main concern being the lack of information.We feel like we have just been relegated rather than promoted.With Brechin, Arbroath and Montrose all buzzing, how do we feel?

O'Brien and Denholm are out of contract and if they want to leave,so be it. If Swankie has taken a huff and is 'no playing' then fine. He has been picking our pockets all season with his ghost performances and will not find things any easier in league one. Cancel his contract and free up his wage.

Don't forget last season when all our "superstars" were playing we failed to beat Montrose home and away,and over our last 5 must win home games we won 1. 

GB has a decent track record at this level with Livingston and Airdrie. He now has the chance to bring in his own players and will be judged on his results. Not for the first time,according to Press reports, his non development of youth players counted against him at interview. Let's hope he has a thought to himself and brings a few of our development squad players through.

We are where we are, we are back in league one, have a new Chairman, an experienced Manager so let's see what develops.

A bit more info from FAFC would be a good start.

39 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

The facts are as I see them.

GB approached for Raith Rovers job. Interviewed. Did not get job.

"He informed Ken Stewart that he wishes to remain at Station Park."

Given the fact that he is under contract he did not really have much option. FAFC have managed to spin this as an amazing result for the club?

There are some well made comments on line the main concern being the lack of information.We feel like we have just been relegated rather than promoted.With Brechin, Arbroath and Montrose all buzzing, how do we feel?

O'Brien and Denholm are out of contract and if they want to leave,so be it. If Swankie has taken a huff and is 'no playing' then fine. He has been picking our pockets all season with his ghost performances and will not find things any easier in league one. Cancel his contract and free up his wage.

Don't forget last season when all our "superstars" were playing we failed to beat Montrose home and away,and over our last 5 must win home games we won 1. 

GB has a decent track record at this level with Livingston and Airdrie. He now has the chance to bring in his own players and will be judged on his results. Not for the first time,according to Press reports, his non development of youth players counted against him at interview. Let's hope he has a thought to himself and brings a few of our development squad players through.

We are where we are, we are back in league one, have a new Chairman, an experienced Manager so let's see what develops.

A bit more info from FAFC would be a good start.

I like your post, it's quite balanced. The thing I don't get tho, is you feel like you've been relegated instead of promoted. Other than Foxy leaving, what else has happened?

Who's left?

Who's DEFINITELY leaving?

Who doesn't like Bollan?

There appears to be loads of rumours but without any real substance. 

I'm not a Forfar fan (although I do see quite a bit of both 1st team and youths) so maybe easy for me to say. I'm hoping Bollan does show a bit of faith in some of these youth guys as, imo he has a few gems there. 

Fcks sake all this bleating about Foxy I hope you all bought a copy of his testimonial calander at least that way you can all look at him until the end of the year.:whistle:whistle:whistle

Travis and Munro have re-signed one-year deals with a couple more to follow over the weekend, plus a new signing on the cards.

Good.Two decent players that should cut it at Div1 level.Its a start at least.

Just looked back FAFC site .On 11th. MAY 2016 news was published of a first signing, offers being made to out of contract players( all named) and a list of all players being released.

Here we are on June 1st and we finally get the first bit of news about PLAYERS.

Why are we so far behind where we were last year?

Why the secrecy about released/ non re-signed players?

Do they want us to buy season tickets first and then tell us the bad news?

Just looked back FAFC site .On 11th. MAY 2016 news was published of a first signing, offers being made to out of contract players( all named) and a list of all players being released.

Pretty sure the season finished atleast a week later this year no?

Plus play offs added another 2 weeks for you guys.

d2a8717014e77bfb0ef39cd18babda48.gif

Archived