Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't agree with this accept relegation stance.

The risk is too great now with the 'pyramid' in place.

This give Mr Weir two or three transfer windows shit, how would that have panned out during the Jim Moffat bottom league season ?

Agree. 1 good set of signings will see us climb the table. We're not that far off the rest of the league yet. We showed enough in the 3 league games up to the cup tie to prove we can compete.

27 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

No offence but you werent ready to go up comparing with alloa and peterhead of yesteryears. Even QP going up suprised me they lasted as long, their league position would confirn. My view is no point going up if you cant stay up,My lot or anyone else's inc

Did you realise you were posting complete crap and just gave up half way through a word?

Just my observation, but I would stick with McCallum + Bain, Travis, Whyte (Monroe) & Kennedy. The back four, imo, have been let down by the mid-field as the first line of defense to date, and have had to deal with far more pressure as a result.  Plus Travis  having to cover for the lack of pace by Mensing earlier on in the season.  It's as if we're playing with 11 against 7/8 most games of late. 7/8 because I include Aitken / Cox, and Scott before he was injured, as at least showing some spirit and having a go.

We definitely need a couple of forwards and wide men in January, but if would anyone want to come to Station Park, at the moment, is another matter.

No offence but you werent ready to go up comparing with alloa and peterhead of yesteryears. Even QP going up suprised me they lasted as long, their league position would confirn. My view is no point going up if you cant stay up,My lot or anyone else's inc

Of course they were ready to go up what are you talking about?

Their team from this season compared to last season is different they’ve lost some very very good players.

What would a Clyde fan know about League 1? [emoji6]

Jim weir will pull out a couple good signings in January I would think for forfar.

We need it like never before.Decent signings might give us a miniscule chance at least.Lister,Mensing and if it's true Coxys wage all waiting to be spent wisely.

Is Tomorrow's game in danger of being called off?

Bain suspended for tomorrow so if it's off, I'm assuming he'll be out for the Arbroath game on Tuesday (if of course, that goes ahead)

By Tuesday though, I'm assuming the manager will have brought one or two new faces in.

Would like to see a few youngsters given the nod but no doubt he'll go with experience in McNaughton in beside Travis, Malone left back. Who at right back? Young Warwick? Hasn't been given a look in so far. Time to see what he can do.

35 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Is Tomorrow's game in danger of being called off?

Bain suspended for tomorrow so if it's off, I'm assuming he'll be out for the Arbroath game on Tuesday (if of course, that goes ahead)

By Tuesday though, I'm assuming the manager will have brought one or two new faces in.

Would like to see a few youngsters given the nod but no doubt he'll go with experience in McNaughton in beside Travis, Malone left back. Who at right back? Young Warwick? Hasn't been given a look in so far. Time to see what he can do.

Only risk could be waterlogged, which I don't think I've ever seen at Somerset. Raining just now and forecast for later.

On 12/4/2017 at 22:53, nofixedability said:

Given we've been going with two fit centre halves for a couple of months now Munro is needed back imo. Not that defence is out real problem - we need a striker pronto, See, Aitken and Peters aren't good enough for this level, remedy that we have a chance, otherwise we're down.

Imagine if we can get a striker to play alongside Matty? :)

Archived