Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

It'll be interesting to hear those calling for Bollan's head after early cup exits doing the same for Weir.

If we have more games like that he will be gone by Xmas.....i shall stick my neck out and say that performance was worse than Linlithgow but not as big a shock

5 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Still shivering & still at a loss for words after yesterdays 'game'.

There are no words apart from 'worse than the Linlithgow game'....i don't buy Sunday tabloids, any comment's from the manager yet?

54 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

There are no words apart from 'worse than the Linlithgow game'....i don't buy Sunday tabloids, any comment's from the manager yet?

I honestly thought we would struggle in the 1st half, with the wind and the slope on the pitch, but expected better in the 2nd half. Unfortunately it just didn't happen, too many balls punted from the back and ended up running out for a goal kick.

McCallum and the back 4 did their best in the first half but the ball just came back at them too quickly, too often. Coxy tried to make a difference all match but needed help from the midfield, which was lacking. Matty also AWOL out on the right side and Dylan forgot how to pass the ball.

Loved a comment by a young Loon near the end of the game - "Josh Peters. Why does he always run away from the ball?" Out of the mouths of babes!

Credit to Formartine though, they were hunting in packs and were in our faces all game. Hope they get a decent pay-day in the next round.

1 minute ago, Kwaka Mal said:

I honestly thought we would struggle in the 1st half, with the wind and the slope on the pitch, but expected better in the 2nd half. Unfortunately it just didn't happen, too many balls punted from the back and ended up running out for a goal kick.

McCallum and the back 4 did their best in the first half but the ball just came back at them too quickly, too often. Coxy tried to make a difference all match but needed help from the midfield, which was lacking. Matty also AWOL out on the right side and Dylan forgot how to pass the ball.

Loved a comment by a young Loon near the end of the game - "Josh Peters. Why does he always run away from the ball?" Out of the mouths of babes!

Credit to Formartine though, they were hunting in packs and were in our faces all game. Hope they get a decent pay-day in the next round.

I agree, we are still in the traps looking for the poxy key! (one off-weather-pitch-couldn't be bothered)

More worrying is the fact the managers HT team talk produced nothing in the 2nd half, tells a story about the type of player we have.

Even the 3 subs failed to do anything which wasn't surprising, bench looks like an advert for X factor.

After the last 2 victories i was hopeful we could prolong our season to the very end but if we start to play like that then we will be cut adrift by Xmas 

31 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

After the last 2 victories i was hopeful we could prolong our season to the very end but if we start to play like that then we will be cut adrift by Xmas

Not looking forward to next weekend . Dick will have them well fired up. :shutup

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

Fingers crossed that the embarrassment of yesterday fires us up at Gayfield.I would settle for a decent effort regardless of result.

Pretty much what I look for every week to be honest. 

I love to see the team win but a good game with real effort irrespective of result is what I really pay my money for.

4 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Not long now to the Forfar Athletic Xmas sale........ Mcbride- See- Peters- Cregg- Quigley- any others? 

MENSING.

Word on the Clyde site is that Forfar will recall Andy Munro. So, is  Darren Whyte heading back to St.Mirren?

Bit harsh on McBride, I see him as a decent squad player.

4 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

MENSING.

Word on the Clyde site is that Forfar will recall Andy Munro. So, is  Darren Whyte heading back to St.Mirren?

Welcome Mr Wonder... :lol:

steviewonder.jpg

MENSING.

We've only 2 centre backs, we need another on the bench.
Other possibility is Travis on right back duties, Bain on the left and Munro/Whyte in the middle?
Quigley the obvious single change for Kennedy though, with Munro as backup for the current CB's

McBride has had about one 45 minute decent spell for us.

Archived