Forfar Athletic 2017-18

1 minute ago, victormeldrew said:

We had Stewart Petrie signed as assistant Manager but our BOD in their wisdom punted him due to lack of experience! Given the appalling way he was treated I would think Station Park is very low on his list.

I wish him success at Montrose building his own team and showing our Board just what a mistake they made.

I agree, it was just wishful thinking on my part.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

You know it's bad when contracted players would rather stay at home than play next season, very important few days coming up for the club.

Release him and free the wage up IMO.

Hopefully  Raith make their minds up soon, nothing's going happen with us until they do.

4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Release him and free the wage up IMO.

Hopefully  Raith make their minds up soon, nothing's going happen with us until they do.

Well i would have reservations about him playing tbh, i know some were professional enough to play even though they detested the coaching staff (as you would expect) Also heard TOB is defo away which is a massive loss.

20 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Most fans knew what we were getting, most still don't like it, i have felt that something has been amiss since he arrived.

The players walking out after he signed wasn't the greatest of starts and it went from bad to worse after that.

He brought in his own players this season (sadly at the expense of the U/20's) some have been terrific others worse  than the guys he got rid off (Sanny-Yano-Hay)

Did well to get us into a wonderful position to win the league, then as has been said before changed the mentality of the team and suffered badly.

Personally i feel we need someone who can connect with everyone at the club, sadly he does not fit that bill with me.

I would much rather a manager I can't stand getting results than a manager I like but doesn't get results.

Bollan signed Adam, Bain, Cox, Lister have these players not done you a good turn ?

13 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

I would much rather a manager I can't stand getting results than a manager I like but doesn't get results.

Bollan signed Adam, Bain, Cox, Lister have these players not done you a good turn ?

See Man Utd....fucking awful to watch but have 3 trophies.....no thanks. (all those players played their part)

2 hours ago, tbsouth said:

See Man Utd....fucking awful to watch but have 3 trophies.....no thanks. (all those players played their part)

Man utd Didn't look boring against Ajax and Forfar scored some fantastic goals against Peterhead.

Would you rather played good football and not went up ?

2 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

I'd argue he's not really got the results either.

He also was in charge when we were relegated ( we weren't in relegation place when he took over), he also oversaw 3 of our more humiliating cup results in recent memory  (Linilithgow Rose, Edinburgh City and 7-0 at Dundee) and chased several well respected, long standing players out of the club, including interfering in who could play in a testimonial match. Yeah he saw us promoted but in his own words we should have won the Championship weeks before we lost it and we only got going in the play-offs when he reverted to playing a player he had steadfastly refused to use in the run in.

14 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Man utd Didn't look boring against Ajax and Forfar scored some fantastic goals against Peterhead.

Would you rather played good football and not went up ?

We played some good football and did go up but it's not quite as simple as that.

btw Man Utd were extremely boring against Ajax.

16 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

I'd argue he's not really got the results either.

He also was in charge when we were relegated ( we weren't in relegation place when he took over), he also oversaw 3 of our more humiliating cup results in recent memory  (Linilithgow Rose, Edinburgh City and 7-0 at Dundee) and chased several well respected, long standing players out of the club, including interfering in who could play in a testimonial match. Yeah he saw us promoted but in his own words we should have won the Championship weeks before we lost it and we only got going in the play-offs when he reverted to playing a player he had steadfastly refused to use in the run in.

We played some good football and did go up but it's not quite as simple as that.

Dominating a game for 90 minutes is hardly boring.

What players did he hunt out didn't wasnt it that some of the players left because they were unhappy at DC leaving.

5 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Dominating a game for 90 minutes is hardly boring.

What players did he hunt out didn't wasnt it that some of the players left because they were unhappy at DC leaving.

Opinions, I guess, differ I thought it was terribly dull and against a stronger team would have been another poor result.

Without knowing all circumstances I would say Baxter, Templeman, Hay and Nicholl.

19 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Opinions, I guess, differ I thought it was terribly dull and against a stronger team would have been another poor result.

Without knowing all circumstances I would say Baxter, Templeman, Hay and Nicholl.

And many more to follow, looks like we will be starting from scratch

Not a good way to start the season after going up, really need Raith to save us!!

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

And many more to follow, looks like we will be starting from scratch

Not a good way to start the season after going up, really need Raith to save us!!

Doubt it i would expect Bollan to keep most of the squad, but if Bain, Cox, Adam, Lister don't sign I would have them all back at Airdrie.

You've ran him out of the village , now the club ?
#newbiggingcelebrity

1 hour ago, Cooper81 said:

Doubt it i would expect Bollan to keep most of the squad, but if Bain, Cox, Adam, Lister don't sign I would have them all back at Airdrie.

All but Lister are on another year contract, Lister about to put pen to paper.

btw, Man utd were utterly tragic to watch for the vast majority of the game, 10 players camped in and around the penalty box is not how to play football.

7 hours ago, tbsouth said:

You know it's bad when contracted players would rather stay at home than play next season, very important few days coming up for the club.

You posted a statement but still have not given us any details. It basically comes down to - do you want a local club you can feel proud of that has has a development squad that might just feed in to our first team or do you a manager that  signs over the hill former professionals looking for one last pay cheque . It's up to you.

7 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

You posted a statement but still have not given us any details. It basically comes down to - do you want a local club you can feel proud of that has has a development squad that might just feed in to our first team or do you a manager that  signs over the hill former professionals looking for one last pay cheque . It's up to you.

Frankie Devine:Centre mid. Clever player, technically brilliant, scores goals, can fill Foxy's boots no problem.Surely can't put him back out on loan! I can see him moving on if he doesn't get a chance this season coming. THROW HIM IN.

Greg Warwick:Fullback. Rock solid, consistent, and unflinchable.Never panics in possession and always seems to find a man with a pass. Strong lad, who defends first and foremost, but also likes to get forward.

Matty Aitken:Centre Forward. Big lad who makes an utter pest of himself, must be a nightmare to play against.Full of running and good at holding it up and bringing midfield into game.And scores goals! 

Jamie Gill: Wide Right. Like an old fashioned winger who has pace to burn. . . Seriously, this guy can shift. Stays wide, delivers cracking crosses and can also take a goal. 

That's 4 of your development side ready to mix it with the 1st team, in my opinion of course! If the guys who are doing it week in, week out aren't getting the chance, then what's the point?Trust them. Ease them in, and nurture them. It's what it's all about!

There are a couple of others who are very decent and will continue to improve. 

Archived