Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. Glad the season is just about over after the disaster the majority of it has been. Time for Jim to put 100% his own side on the park soon. If our pre season and signings are as bad as last year i for one will be raging. We need an experienced goalscorer for one thing 15/20 a season type guy so the kids like Matty can develop without the pressure of being seen as the "answer". Josh i would let go it's just not happening for him. We have a handful of excellent players like McCallum, Easton, Hilson and a few prospects so adding a bit more quality should at least make us competitive in Div1. I'm optimistic.

Think Millar is retiring due to work commitments

Millar has been offered a deal by Weir and will accept. It’s the total opposite of your claim. Weir has been totally understanding of his work commitments such as him having to miss Thursday training occasionally due to shifts. He is very appreciative of this and as such will be accepting the deal offered.

22 hours ago, ravogd said:

Millar has been offered a deal by Weir and will accept. It’s the total opposite of your claim. Weir has been totally understanding of his work commitments such as him having to miss Thursday training occasionally due to shifts. He is very appreciative of this and as such will be accepting the deal offered.

This is what I heard too. I think people just make stories up sometimes to have something to say.  I heard a ludacris story on Saturday that McCallum wants to buy out his contract....

With season he has I wouldn't be surprised if another club bought him.

Weir renegotiated his contract within weeks of arriving, good bit of foresight from the manager. The keeper was rumoured to have turned down Dundee at the last window. Not sure of the veracity of that one.

5 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Weir renegotiated his contract within weeks of arriving, good bit of foresight from the manager. The keeper was rumoured to have turned down Dundee at the last window. Not sure of the veracity of that one.

Too many big words in that post for Loon74 to understand.....

Wonder if we have a Left back lined up? Talking of quality Left backs, good luck to Yano - Sanny -  Foxy and SP tomorrow, will be a fantastic achievement if they can win it......may even eradicate the memory of our f**k up last season. :(

And relax.

... for a wee while and then it will be time for Mr Harvey to start next seasons thread.

McCallum again showed his worth today at Airdrie. Though how they didn't equalise in the last minute :oops

Good luck to the boys on their night out in Glasgow tonight.

Announced today 29/04/18 -

It is with some regret this morning that following recent discussions with his fellow Directors, Ken Stewart is stepping down from his role as Chairman of Forfar Athletic Football Club.

Ken has also made the decision to resign as a Director.

They had hoped he would consider remaining on the Board, but fully understand his reasons for turning this request down.

Ross Graham who has been Vice Chairman of the club since September of last year will take over the role of Chairman with immediate effect.

18 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Announced today 29/04/18 -

It is with some regret this morning that following recent discussions with his fellow Directors, Ken Stewart is stepping down from his role as Chairman of Forfar Athletic Football Club.

Ken has also made the decision to resign as a Director.

They had hoped he would consider remaining on the Board, but fully understand his reasons for turning this request down.

Ross Graham who has been Vice Chairman of the club since September of last year will take over the role of Chairman with immediate effect.

Think everyone knew Ken would step aside for Ross at some point, seems a bit soon though, will be best remembered for punting Bollan .....all the best Ken.

Archived