Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Anybody at the bounce game tonight? How did it go?

0-0. 

Adam made a couple of decent saves, other than that hardly any goal mouth action. 

Aitken not in it and taken off part way through. Peters did well if you like passing the ball back the way 9 times out of 10. The other one he couldn't control. His usual self really :thumbsdown

I thought that Bain & McNaughton put in a good shift. McBride not at the races.

I doubt that JW learned anything new.

0-0. 
Adam made a couple of decent saves, other than that hardly any goal mouth action. 
Aitken not in it and taken off part way through. Peters did well if you like passing the ball back the way 9 times out of 10. The other one he couldn't control. His usual self really :thumbsdown
I thought that Bain & McNaughton put in a good shift. McBride not at the races.
I doubt that JW learned anything new.

Trialist any good? Did Muzza get on?

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Fantastic news getting Josh back permanently, got the potential.
Just needs to try hit the same level as he did last season in regards goal scoring!
Seen glimpses of his ability this season, needs to do it a bit more consistently.

Josh had about 8 great weeks last season and stopped in September 2016; 16 months ago.

There have also been very few glimpses this season, though it looked like Weir had put a rocket up his dowp in the first half last week.  Credit where credit's due, he was responsible for the initial run that lead to the penalty.

He's still young though and Weir clearly sees something in him to offer him a contract over Milne, who I thought would have been the better bet between the two players.

1 hour ago, dee_62 said:

Trialist any good? Did Muzza get on?

Adam, Bain, Duthie, Warwick(Clark), McNaughton, Cregg (MacKintosh), Trialist (Allan), McBride, Peters, Easton, Aitken (Starkey)  Sub not used - McCallum

Trialist no better or worse than the rest. With nothing to play for, not a great game to be honest.

If Josh had come from the development team he'd be getting a far easier time of it on here. He's only 21 lads.

Only 21 ! Well we can hope jim has taken this on board and gets him loaned out soon to get him experience !
Your probably correct in saying that a development player wouldn’t get so much stick but they only train twice a week , josh was training with hibs and Livingston full time and is he any better than our development players past or present but HAY let’s not go down that road again .

17 minutes ago, loon74 said:

Only 21 ! Well we can hope jim has taken this on board and gets him loaned out soon to get him experience !
Your probably correct in saying that a development player wouldn’t get so much stick but they only train twice a week , josh was training with hibs and Livingston full time and is he any better than our development players past or present but HAY let’s not go down that road again .

Hay has hardly had any game time at Montrose this season, 1 full game this season and around 4 sub appearances.  Bollan gave him more game time 2 seasons back.

17 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Think this new signing Josh Peters is meant to be much better than the last one. Great signing imo.

Well after last night's performance  i am hoping we bring back Ousman See..... that's how bad i rate him.

I did wonder at his lack of celebration after he set up the goal from the corner.
Not impressed tbh.

Gutted he left, whilst up and down he always gave 100%. Gave us some much needed drive. Hope Bain doesn’t follow him!

From the website - seems he was about to down tools and not come back!

David had intimated to the management team at Station Park over the past few weeks that he wished to terminate his contract which was due to expire at the end of the season and move on in this registration window
Despite attempts to dissuade him from this course of action he advised ‘Loons’ officials following the game with Albion Rovers that he was unlikely to return to the club.
In the circumstances and somewhat reluctantly Forfar Athletic Directors have accepted a monetary offer from the Central Park outfit for the transfer of David’s registration.
Though disappointed with the outcome, we would like to wish David well for the future.

19 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Fantastic news getting Josh back permanently, got the potential.
Just needs to try hit the same level as he did last season in regards goal scoring!
Seen glimpses of his ability this season, needs to do it a bit more consistently.

:lol: Great to have you back......also great to see you are still talking bollocks. :thumsup2

Double Whammy, losing Coxy and signing Josh.....i can't see us surviving this now.

Bollan wiped out Dicks team....Weir is in the process (minus Josh) of wiping out Bollans now.

Great to see Muzzy back, he gives us some drive in the midfield and a bit of dig, far to many players failed to shine last night once again but as numbers are limited we have to struggle on.

This whole Josh get's a raw deal, i don't get it ...let's take a club legend like Templeman for example, now he really did get a raw deal from the half-wits on the terracing, one of the best most skillful holdup players we have ever had yet berated by many........Now Josh...started with a bang when he signed, most goals were instinct and everything was going great, since then he has gone downhill rapidly, maybe it's confidence but his lack of control which is shocking, doesn't work hard enough at times and if he has to think too long he seems to always pick the wrong option, at this moment i would rather play Matty before him with Dylan behind (although i detest one up)

23 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Now Josh...started with a bang when he signed, most goals were instinct and everything was going great, since then he has gone downhill rapidly, maybe it's confidence but his lack of control which is shocking, doesn't work hard enough at times and if he has to think too long he seems to always pick the wrong option

Nail hit right on the head.

Ousman See v David Cox

One is one of the laziest most lethargic un-passionate footballers i have ever seen (also terrible finisher)...and the other is the complete opposite.....answers on a postcard please. I have no problem with Coxy moving anywhere as he gave his all for us.

Archived