Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

The solution is this. . . Accept relegation as a given. Start preparing for a plethora of departures and start building and preparing the youth squad to make up 90% of the squad next season.

It's the way forward. You think guys like See, Cox, Bain, McBride, the Dunfermline guys, Peters, etc etc etc give a flying fk? I don't.

The age on the bench today was enforced but these guys have to be prepped now for next season.

Get them in the team Jim.

Cox gives his all in pretty much every game, I would say.  Reason he's injured was busting a gut chasing a lost cause ball. 

If we had eleven of him there would be no lack of effort.  Strange name to put on the list.

The reason his name is on the list is because he's asked to leave. He's asked to leave not at the end of his contract, he's asked to leave now. He's already shaken the hands of his teammates telling them he's offski as he's had enough. Busting a gut? I don't think so. He can't be arsed with it. Better off without that sort of "commitment" imo.

Believe that or don't believe that, your choice, but I'd be very surprised if he plays again.

2 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

The reason his name is on the list is because he's asked to leave. He's asked to leave not at the end of his contract, he's asked to leave now. He's already shaken the hands of his teammates telling them he's offski as he's had enough. Busting a gut? I don't think so. He can't be arsed with it. Better off without that sort of "commitment" imo.

Believe that or don't believe that, your choice, but I'd be very surprised if he plays again.

Cowdenbeath bound.....

On 25/11/2017 at 20:19, Loonytoons said:

Personally, I quite like the laddy.
He put himself about today and got stronger as the game went on.

Previously mentioned but what was he supposed to do under GB'S tenure? Even experienced guys like Cox and Lister were doing nothing with him in charge.

See is improving under Weir, putting in tackles and chasing down defenders. He's also starting to hold up the ball better too. His positional play today was drawing defenders away from Aitken.

Give the laddy a break.

RE: Nov 21 to today - Still don't see an improvement. As good a 3 men not there, and Aitken put in more effort in the first 5 mins he was on - again.

1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

RE: Nov 21 to today - Still don't see an improvement. As good a 3 men not there, and Aitken put in more effort in the first 5 mins he was on - again.

Can't comment as I've missed the last few games through other commitments.

9 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

He really has offered absolutely zero since he arrived, even his tweets are shit!!

I said months ago (slated for it) that we should go with Aiken-Starky up front as they will give us 100% and work their socks off, we have wasted months playing guys simply not good enough, JW has to change his way of thinking and his negative tactics.

We require Left-Right backs...centre half x2....wide midfielders....strikers....there is absolutely no doubt that Gary Bollan has left this club in a worst state than Hegarty (and that was bad) 

For all the fans at the club that were overjoyed when Bollan got rid of a real club legend in Templeman....oh how we have missed big Sanny!

If it's true, and I believe it is including his predicted destination, then I'm sorry to see him go. Hopefully his pal Mr Bain stays with us though but I wouldn't be surprised if he's thinking about following Coxy to rejoin GB.

Based on yesterday, I'd keep the aforementioned pair, Trav, Miller, Easton and the young ones. I didn't mention McNaughton as I assume he's come out of retirement temporarily. JW will have his wish list which I hope the board tries to accommodate. At the question and answer session KS said he'd get two to three transfer windows to build his own team so they're obviously going to be patient with him so we have to be too. If, as likely, we are relegated this season then we have to hope we come storming back up and grow from there, we must also pray we don't have a disastrous season in L2 or it's bye-bye.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Need left back, two centre halfs, two wingers, centre mid, two strikers.

Build the team round McCallum, Travis, Miller, Easton and Cox

Trav is struggling this season....i would start from scratch...goalie only

19 hours ago, HotTakesForDays said:

Easton is a disgrace.

Not heard from Bogs since October and he comes out with this.

What is the story with Lewis Milne. Is he in it for the long term?

Given the popular vote to clear the decks I assume we want to keep Kennedy, Mackintosh, McBride, Millar, Easton and Scott?

On a lighter note does Ben Starkey have a nickname?

Finally, can I wish all Loons a very merry Christmas.

He really has offered absolutely zero since he arrived, even his tweets are shit!!
I said months ago (slated for it) that we should go with Aiken-Starky up front as they will give us 100% and work their socks off, we have wasted months playing guys simply not good enough, JW has to change his way of thinking and his negative tactics.
We require Left-Right backs...centre half x2....wide midfielders....strikers....there is absolutely no doubt that Gary Bollan has left this club in a worst state than Hegarty (and that was bad) 
For all the fans at the club that were overjoyed when Bollan got rid of a real club legend in Templeman....oh how we have missed big Sanny!
Cheers for big sanny the man is a class act.Out of all the players we have had from you guys...Andrew steeves what a player he is.... not a clue how f**k let hegarty take him but thanks

You're being facetious now. You know.

Haha, just wondered what had changed in the space of 3 posts. We've got to be able to laugh at ourselves surely? Bottom of the league and an injury list to wonder at could make for a completely blue Christmas otherwise.

Archived