Forfar Athletic 2017-18

It’s a matter of what Weir does.

Very much this.

His utterances so far have been little more than an interesting aside.

The team he puts out, performances / what he can get from players and results will as always be the true judgement.

I'll give him every chance but the jury's still out for now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

It’s a matter of what Weir does. He spent his only January with us bumping Sellars, Watson and Bishop to Forfar. You’ll recall what happened come May

Absolutely.

Given the number of 'first picks' we have injured at present I think Weir is overreacting. He has been left with fringe players, development squad and players on loan. The plan must be to get to January and hope to get a couple of players in and also get  some of our first picks back from injury and recall our players who are out on loan.

The easy option is to punt players from the squad. The difficult bit is replacing them with better players. Let's hope Jim doesn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Every side in Scotland will be looking to freshen things up in January with most seeking that elusive free scoring striker. Just how successful they will be remains to be seen.

The last 5 games have been a disgrace and the manager has every right to slate the ones who he thinks have chucked it..as for the Twit on Twitter perhaps if he had shown something-anything since his arrival then there may be a shred of sympathy...but there isn't, so here's an idea...see the club that is paying you a wage, how about putting some f***ing effort in evry now and then and at least try and look bothered? #nomoreemojies

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

The last 5 games have been a disgrace and the manager has every right to slate the ones who he thinks have chucked it..as for the Twit on Twitter perhaps if he had shown something-anything since his arrival then there may be a shred of sympathy...but there isn't, so here's an idea...see the club that is paying you a wage, how about putting some f***ing effort in evry now and then and at least try and look bothered? #nomoreemojies

Who is this Twitter twit of whom you speak?

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, tbsouth said:
The Twitter Twit on Twitter of course....the fact that you are more interested on who the Twit on Twitter is is ridiculous.

Aye but who is the Twit?

Get yourself onto Twitter and SEE who it is for yourself.

On 20 December 2017 at 21:43, theSilverFox said:

Get yourself onto Twitter and SEE who it is for yourself.

Thanks for the heads up Mr Fox.

I'm off to get the Amstrad fired up and trawl, sorry ,access the freely available twitter accounts of  our players and See what I can See!

The solution is this. . . Accept relegation as a given. Start preparing for a plethora of departures and start building and preparing the youth squad to make up 90% of the squad next season.

It's the way forward. You think guys like See, Cox, Bain, McBride, the Dunfermline guys, Peters, etc etc etc give a flying fk? I don't.

The age on the bench today was enforced but these guys have to be prepped now for next season.

Get them in the team Jim.

12 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

The solution is this. . . Accept relegation as a given. Start preparing for a plethora of departures and start building and preparing the youth squad to make up 90% of the squad next season.

It's the way forward. You think guys like See, Cox, Bain, McBride, the Dunfermline guys, Peters, etc etc etc give a flying fk? I don't.

The age on the bench today was enforced but these guys have to be prepped now for next season.

Get them in the team Jim.

100% agree.....as has been said before we would rather see young guys being gubbed 0-3 but given 100% than that shower today....saying that the managers tactics of one up front is fucking awful!!

Archived