Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just need to reach transfer window while still in touch with safety and hope JW can find a striker and a couple of above average signings.Not really his fault he is lumbered with GBs duds and injuries.Even if we went down i would give him a crack at coming back up.

44 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Just need to reach transfer window while still in touch with safety and hope JW can find a striker and a couple of above average signings.Not really his fault he is lumbered with GBs duds and injuries.Even if we went down i would give him a crack at coming back up.

Absolutely agree as above.

Having now watched the highlights a couple of points.

Eddie Malone. He cost us 3points and is a total liability. He got away with a brutal tackle on Denholm and followed up this week with a reckless , neanderthal tackle that was an embarrassment to the club and fully deserved a red. He left his teammates to play 73 minutes with 10 men. He should be shown the door NOW.

Creeg. I have watched the video twice and have not seen him make a tackle or even be on the ball.

6 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

Cregg is a pop star. Living in the past. Strolls around like he's Zidane but in reality is a washed up never has been.

Take your boots next week and show them how it's done. Clearly your Messi in waiting as others have said  the squad is threadbare with injuries and Jims hands are tied until the transfer window.

19 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Has Cregg actually played in a game where we have gained even a point?

He came on at Hampden in the 1-1 draw - can't recall him playing in the 3 recent games when we picked up points - think he was dropped after the 5-0 defeat v Ayr.

Cregg did away fine at Gayfield, can't comment on Saturday. What we're badly missing in midfield is a Foxy type - someone who can spray the ball around and pick a pass.

Can't recall him making any major impression in the Arbroath game. He's like a poor man's Hodge (and I wouldn't have him back), every pass sideways or backward.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

Can't recall him making any major impression in the Arbroath game. He's like a poor man's Hodge (and I wouldn't have him back), every pass sideways or backward.

I thought he looked sharper, got stuck in and was neat and tidy on the ball. He would need someone more creative beside him.

Interesting quote attributed to Weir in the Courier - “We are really struggling with around eight players on the treatment table. We did not have a central midfield player to bring on after the sending off.

Was Lewis Milne not on the bench?

Interesting quote attributed to Weir in the Courier - “We are really struggling with around eight players on the treatment table. We did not have a central midfield player to bring on after the sending off.
Was Lewis Milne not on the bench?

Somehow stumbled upon this thread so I apologise if I’m out the loop but did Lewis Milne not leave Forfar in the summer to go to Australia?

In the Blue corner...Sack Malone as he tackles too much...

In the Red corner...sack Cregg as he never tackles...

4 winnable games out of the next 5 coming up....can JW  muster a team capable of not conceding shitty goals every week?

52 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Apparently you guys looking to recall Andy Munro in January.

Will he get  a game or just be a squad player ?

We could really do with keeping  him, defence has been more of a unit when he's played.

Given we've been going with two fit centre halves for a couple of months now Munro is needed back imo. Not that defence is out real problem - we need a striker pronto, See, Aitken and Peters aren't good enough for this level, remedy that we have a chance, otherwise we're down.

Archived