Forfar Athletic 2017-18

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Other possibility is Travis on right back duties

He's just not a happy bunny in that position. I'd rather keep him in the middle, with Whyte (or Munro), and Bain at RB. Then sort out someone else for LB, not sure who though.

44 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I’d actually like to see Mcbride given a chance up top, reckon he could cause a bit of problems up there, maybe alongside Cox?

Surely can't do any worse than See or Peters. Might be worth a try.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I’d actually like to see Mcbride given a chance up top, reckon he could cause a bit of problems up there, maybe alongside Cox?

:lol:...if all else fails eh...from the guy that lambasted Jim Lister!!

28 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Aye Jim Lister the same man that couldnae win a header & was definitely past his best with us.

Were you one of the many hypocrites on the FB page pouring out the love for Jim? :)

7 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Actually no I wasn’t, wouldn’t praise a player that I felt didn’t deserve praise, however wish him all the best in the future regardless!

Why do you feel that he doesn't deserve praise may i ask....he always seemed to give his all just like Templman.....and there were many numptees that slated big Sannie too!!

23 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Jeez, not good. Any of the senior guys playing and any good performances? (Unlikely I know)

Team was -

Otto, Chalmers (Moran), Warwick (C), Clark, Samson, Allan, Gill, Clark, Johnson (Morrison), Penker, Avolio (Miller)

Unused subs - English, Fraser.

Goals by Gill and, I think, Jamie Penker both well taken.

Looked good for the first 10 - 15 mins then Albion got their act together. Otherwise the better team won. Jamie Gill needs to keep schtumm and not get on the wrong side of the ref, not the first time he's picked up stupid bookings. Albions #9 was a hand-full, big strong lad.

2 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Team was -

Otto, Chalmers (Moran), Warwick (C), Clark, Samson, Allan, Gill, Clark, Johnson (Morrison), Penker, Avolio (Miller)

Unused subs - English, Fraser.

Goals by Gill and, I think, Jamie Penker both well taken.

Looked good for the first 10 - 15 mins then Albion got their act together. Otherwise the better team won. Jamie Gill needs to keep schtumm and not get on the wrong side of the ref, not the first time he's picked up stupid bookings. Albions #9 was a hand-full, big strong lad.

Genuine question -

WTF do the management team see in See.

As good as 3 men not there (again!) today at Arbroath. If you listened to the Forfar faithful, anyone would think his name is "C'mon Ouzy". 

I thought we were going to hold out for a draw, or even a win with Lewis's effort near the end. Good save by the keeper.  :bairn

Rant over.

Genuine question -
WTF do the management team see in See.
As good as 3 men not there (again!) today at Arbroath. If you listened to the Forfar faithful, anyone would think his name is "C'mon Ouzy". 
I thought we were going to hold out for a draw, or even a win with Lewis's effort near the end. Good save by the keeper.  :bairn
Rant over.

Personally, I quite like the laddy.
He put himself about today and got stronger as the game went on.

Previously mentioned but what was he supposed to do under GB'S tenure? Even experienced guys like Cox and Lister were doing nothing with him in charge.

See is improving under Weir, putting in tackles and chasing down defenders. He's also starting to hold up the ball better too. His positional play today was drawing defenders away from Aitken.

Give the laddy a break.

God it`s quiet on here.  Is the Jim Weir honeymoon over?

Would be good to hear from anyone who was at the Airdrie game, and get their views on the following.

Team selection, who played well :who didn`t. Malone sending off  ? Cregg in, McBride nowhere ! Use of subs?

With Malone out who plays the holding role?  Millar , Scott, Mackintosh and Kennedy, any news? Cox injury?

Upcoming game against Alloa , can we get back to winning ways?

Archived