Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did well for Elgin. Saved the club from certain relegation. Got us to the play offs twice and we have played some of our best football in Scottish leagues. Pretty well liked here. Price is a good assistant.

Very mixed opinions on him.I will give him my full backing based on results.

How stupid are the FAFC board? Weir is a dreadful appointment... he is the manager who guided us to our worst ever cup result, and relegated us too!  Good luck... you are going to need it.

To be fair, that was 7 years ago and very early in his managerial career.
That said, I'm full of trepidation rather than hope with the new appointment.

Did well for Elgin. Saved the club from certain relegation. Got us to the play offs twice and we have played some of our best football in Scottish leagues. Pretty well liked here. Price is a good assistant.

Price hope he's a better assistant than he was a player

19 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Disagree with you about certain relegation. Think we were bottom but it was November so plenty of time.  Gutted he's gone and I reckon Price will go.

Don't think there's any point writing him off. I was worried when he took over but he did a more than decent job by turning a Highland League bound shambles into a team battling at the top end of the league. Never a dull game either.

On 20/09/2017 at 12:49, Port Talbot Loons said:
  Reveal hidden contents

At least the new manager, unless it is Paul Hegarty, is going to have the support of the Forfar supporters.

On 20/09/2017 at 12:59, nofixedability said:

Board will have to go some to get someone in as instantly divisive as Bollan was. Not beyond them mind... 

About that... 

Sorry to hijack your thread but Gordon if you think we had any hope of staying up! We were 13 points adrift and clueless. Players playing out of position all over the place. Certain players had to much influence over Wilson who was too matey with them. Relegation was an absolute certainty.

If guys like Ian Murray were interested then this appointment is bizzare.

He is a pretty poor manager, I also found him to be really lacking any sort of personality when he was with us, quite an uninspiring boring individual. Thought Forfar would've thought outside the box a bit after having Bollan. 

Would be good if Weir were to keep a regular back four (Kennedy, Whyte, Travis & Bain in my book). We need them, and the keeper, to build an understanding between each other. All the chopping & changing has been a disruption.  Thought Malone had a good game on Saturday and certainly got stuck in with a couple of tasty challenges.  Travis deserved the MotM, though Bain also played well. Do wonder why Mark Scott wasn't brought on for the last 10 mins to give their defence something to think about.

Just an observation - but are the 'warm up' sessions before the kick-off getting longer and more intense each season? It's as if the team has to play the equivalent of a game with extra time every week now, and they're only part-time! Some of them look knackered even before the kick off, and certainly start flagging when  there's still 20 mins to go.

Shame about the mini Loons this afternoon. But too much hoof ball from the back to a lone striker, with the ball coming straight back at them time & time again, especially in extra-time.

Foxy is entitled to his opinion and he is 100% correct. A dull and uninspiring appointment.

Weirs name was mentioned by Arbroath fans on this thread to wind us up.The idea was so rediculous it was laughed into touch.

We're not-laughing now.

Does the Board really think he is the man to bring the fans back through the turnstiles? 

Foxy is entitled to his opinion and he is 100% correct. A dull and uninspiring appointment.
Weirs name was mentioned by Arbroath fans on this thread to wind us up.The idea was so rediculous it was laughed into touch.
We're not-laughing now.
Does the Board really think he is the man to bring the fans back through the turnstiles? 

He can work turnstiles as well ? Money saving appointment then...

Archived