Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Radford said:

Ian Murray getting linked with the gig in The Courier this morning. Sounds like a reasonable shout?

Not getting me excited, seems like a Largs manual manager, will he be the man to motivate (Tommy Campbell-Dick style)....not convinced judging by his past.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Not getting me excited, seems like a Largs manual manager, will he be the man to motivate (Tommy Campbell-Dick style)....not convinced judging by his past.

I'd rather watch good football, and Murray seems keen on that. Maybe not the ideal candidate, but better than Balmer the bampot.

On 25 September 2017 at 18:11, speedframe said:

Mr Balmer was 'pleased with the players' on Saturday and clearly thinks he's up to the job.

Anyone who was at Methil on Saturday care to comment?

Balmer is Bollan MK.2. No difference to our set up or game plan. He played Malone wide left mid. And chose Cregg to boss the mid field. The new guy was sleeping at the first goal, lazy tackle for the pen and gave Kennedy a hospital pass which resulted in his red card.

There was a bit more input from Balmer during the game but  we need a fresh start with a new manager with NEW ideas.

The  15 minute highlights on the East Fife site make us look good. We were dire for the other 75 mins.

Anyone but Balmer.

Balmer is Bollan MK.2. No difference to our set up or game plan. He played Malone wide left mid. And chose Cregg to boss the mid field. The new guy was sleeping at the first goal, lazy tackle for the pen and gave Kennedy a hospital pass which resulted in his red card.
There was a bit more input from Balmer during the game but  we need a fresh start with a new manager with NEW ideas.
The  15 minute highlights on the East Fife site make us look good. We were dire for the other 75 mins.
Anyone but Balmer.

I suspected as much. Leopards & spots.

Always a mystery why clubs retain the dismissed man's entourage (even for a short time).

Best course of action should have been to clean out the whole stables.

I'm afraid to say that nerves are creeping in regarding the new appointment already [emoji10]

54 minutes ago, speedframe said:

I suspected as much. Leopards & spots.

Always a mystery why clubs retain the dismissed man's entourage (even for a short time).

Best course of action should have been to clean out the whole stables.

I'm afraid to say that nerves are creeping in regarding the new appointment already emoji10.png

It's been very quiet, no whispers at all. 

56 minutes ago, speedframe said:

I'm afraid to say that nerves are creeping in regarding the new appointment already emoji10.png

Probably to be expected though. Big decision for the club and quite possibly they've been a bit surprised at the calibre of applicant. No great hurry imo. 

Just get it right!

Someone who shares the club's philosophy on focussing on youth is a must for me. 

13 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Is it because he may have been needed at training? Plus the fact that he must be close to being overage now?

Possibly correct about training but I'm sure he'd much rather play a game.

He played the first game of season a few weeks ago I'm sure,and if I'm correct. . . ..If your date of birth is ok at start of season, it's ok for the whole season. 

Archived