Forfar Athletic 2017-18

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Also worries me when we get a young centre half on loan. It just reeks of desperation. No offence to the boy, but it doesn't fill me with confidence....especially with Travis on the bench.

I agree, to an extent. The young lad is well thought of and played in St Mirrens recent 3 nil win over Utd, so all in all its maybe a bit of a coup to get him in . . .But If anyone had to be dropped for him, it had to Mensing!  Travis must get games! 

My personal feeling on it is. . . If you're gonna get relegated. . . Get relegated with your own players! Experience is everything, and each one the boys will learn from it. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we are mid September and talking about relegation already, thinking over the weekend about Bollan's tenure.

When he arrived we had a fairly settled-under performing side, hovering above the bottom 3 places, he was brought in with a view to turn things around and here we are almost 2 years on in a worse position, no doubt at this moment in time we are staring the drop back to the 2nd directly in the face again.

So what happens now, do we bring in a Golden Oldie Peter Houston type or a New-boy on the block Stewart Petrie type to halt the slide?

Here we are mid September and talking about relegation already, thinking over the weekend about Bollan's tenure.
When he arrived we had a fairly settled-under performing side, hovering above the bottom 3 places, he was brought in with a view to turn things around and here we are almost 2 years on in a worse position, no doubt at this moment in time we are staring the drop back to the 2nd directly in the face again.
So what happens now, do we bring in a Golden Oldie Peter Houston type or a New-boy on the block Stewart Petrie type to halt the slide?

I would go down the route of a Dundee P.E teacher , worked in the past .

57 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Good Question.

It will not be easy for the new guy as he will have to work with the squad we have with little money left for the January Window.

We will find out if the Bollan money has been spent well. I fear we might face another clear out at the end of the season.

Onwards and upwards or downwards.

9 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Whatever the age and experience it needs to be someone upbeat that can get confidence into the current group of players and have the stones to make big decisions (like drop Mensing or Cox if the continue to underperform). There are good players in that squad but no confidence and nothing approaching a settled line up or formation. Need to shore up that defence first and make us harder to score against then look to build.

Mr Balmer was 'pleased with the players' on Saturday and clearly thinks he's up to the job.

Anyone who was at Methil on Saturday care to comment?

Wasn't at Methil but hopefully Balmer is deluded.Most uninspiring appointment i could think off.New brush required.

Sellars?
Ferguson?
Manilow?
Humphries?

Ferguson ! No and never

Sellars ( puppet on a string and we know who'd pull them )

Manilow ( did he sing we didn't start the fire ) No

Humphries ( plenty of comedians to work with but Dame Edna may up stage AD & that can't happen

Archived