Forfar Athletic 2017-18

2 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Agreed.

The fans have an important role to play too though. They must show patience when young lads are promoted from the 20s. . . . These lads are learning their trade and will undoubtedly make mistakes, so it's important that they be allowed to learn from them without the worry of fans getting on their backs. 

The chairman and vice made it clear from their interview that Forfar Athletic should be bringing more boys from their OWN development squad through. . . . Let's hope they choose a manager who follows this philosophy better than Bollan.

Spot on again

Which begs the question once more.......why was Bollan chosen in the 1st place?

Quite frankly i am getting sick and tired of loan deals throughout our game now, teams seem to rely on finding a gem for 6 months or so and home grown talent is instantly overlooked then.

Looking towards tomorrow i thought Malone may have slotted in to CB with Trav for the next 2 games at least. (awaits the everyone hates Eddie backlash)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Looking towards tomorrow i thought Malone may have slotted in to CB with Trav for the next 2 games at least. (awaits the everyone hates Eddie backlash)

I'd be willing to bet that Mensing will partner the new guy with Travis being dropped. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd be willing to bet that Mensing will partner the new guy with Travis being dropped. Hope I'm wrong.

Mensing ? A better manager than a player maybe ?
Does he have his badges ?
Finished as a player like Darren was and look how that turned out

I thought I was in a minority of one. I actually quite like Malone in the team at times. If you watch him, he talks some of the younger guys through the game. Tries to make himself available to get a pass. He was brought in to tighten up our midfield last season when we were losing goals in the 2's and 3's (but still winning). We tightened up a bit but also reduced our goal scoring threat. Tough balance.

(Awaits the more detailed everyone hates Eddie backlash and here's why)

Loan deals have a place but only when a player can be brought in to significantly improve the team. 

I would much rather we bring through and play a Kerr Hay, Aitken or Kennedy who have got as much, if not more talent or potential than some of the loan players we've had.

Is Peters really that poor that we want to get rid? He did very well last season and surely has something to score so many goals.

I'm hoping for a new manager by mid-week in time for next weekend. Please board, let's have a sensible appointment this time. A young manager who's on the up and who embraces what a small club is about.....bringing young players through and engaging with the fans rather than dis-owning  them.

I thought I was in a minority of one. I actually quite like Malone in the team at times. If you watch him, he talks some of the younger guys through the game. Tries to make himself available to get a pass. He was brought in to tighten up our midfield last season when we were losing goals in the 2's and 3's (but still winning). We tightened up a bit but also reduced our goal scoring threat. Tough balance.

(Awaits the more detailed everyone hates Eddie backlash and here's why)

I agree , malone is decent when played in his correct position , doesn't hide either

I've been as disappointed as the next man about how Forfar have fared this season. But after a bit of reflection Forfar have just about done as well as they have ever done. A bit too good for bottom of the pile, and not good enough for the higher eschelons of Scottish Football.  Forfar isn't going to set the heather on fire. Forfar never did. And Forfar never will. 

16 minutes ago, etherglide said:

I've been as disappointed as the next man about how Forfar have fared this season. But after a bit of reflection Forfar have just about done as well as they have ever done. A bit too good for bottom of the pile, and not good enough for the higher eschelons of Scottish Football.  Forfar isn't going to set the heather on fire. Forfar never did. And Forfar never will. 

So clubs and their support shouldn't aspire to be better? 

11 hours ago, etherglide said:

Season 1985-86 we missed out on promotion to the Premier League by a point,  1982 Scottish Cup semi-finalists, taking Rangers to a replay, 1977-78 League Cup semi finalists taking Rangers to extra time. We don't often set the heather on fire but those are three examples of us doing amazingly well.....

10 hours ago, etherglide said:

Might as well just pack up eh.....shame we were only 45 mins from the Championship 2 seasons ago.

But it doesn't. Forfar have been in the championship before. As have cowdenbeath, arbroath and Brechin. All sides of similar stature. 

Arbroath a level above the rest of they diddies. Forfar and Brechin a level above Cowdenbeath too I'd say.

What Cowdenbeath have done over the years on crowds of 300 is absolutely incredible.

Etherglide has got a point in saying that this is probably about the middle ground in where you are as a club but there's nothing wrong with striving for a wee bit more. Especially when the resources you guys have will be just as good as QPs/Albion/Alloa etc who are all above you.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Arbroath a level above the rest of they diddies. Forfar and Brechin a level above Cowdenbeath too I'd say.

What Cowdenbeath have done over the years on crowds of 300 is absolutely incredible.

Etherglide has got a point in saying that this is probably about the middle ground in where you are as a club but there's nothing wrong with striving for a wee bit more. Especially when the resources you guys have will be just as good as QPs/Albion/Alloa etc who are all above you.

Queens being where they are is THE success story of Scottish football. 

Guest bernardblack

Also worries me when we get a young centre half on loan. It just reeks of desperation. No offence to the boy, but it doesn't fill me with confidence....especially with Travis on the bench.

Archived