Welcome back East Kilbride

Do you think you could lose any of your best players to L1/L2 offers?

There's a possibility, but the boys really believe in what we have going on at the club. They have the ability to make the jump, Andy Rodgers especially! There will certainly have been scouts looking at our teams last season, what about Victoria? He would be ideal for any L2 side.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been amazing for us BUT based on what I've heard from his previous attempts and what I've seen against Cowdenbeath I suspect he struggles with the physicality of L1/L2, there's definitely much more holding and pushing than LL in my opinion.

Lovely feet but sometimes his decision making could be better.

He's been amazing for us BUT based on what I've heard from his previous attempts and what I've seen against Cowdenbeath I suspect he struggles with the physicality of L1/L2, there's definitely much more holding and pushing than LL in my opinion.
Lovely feet but sometimes his decision making could be better.

Yeah I feel the same about a couple of our boys, couldnt even handle the physicality of Spartans!

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Did he not sell smack and been done with carrying a knife on a few occasions?

More than a mistake. Total scumbag

Out of interest, are you saying EVERYONE who has ever carried a knife or ever been involved in heroin is a total scumbag, regardless of circumstances, upbringing, addiction etc. is a total scumbag?

If the answer to the above is no - obviously you're very silly making comments on Strachan without knowing circumstances etc, and if the answer is yes I'd like to know where you draw the line..... Is everyone who has ever been involved with drugs a 'total scumbag'? Is cocaine okay, but heroin isn't? What about anyone whose ever had an addiction, all 'total scumbags' to a man/ woman?

No issue with any other club giving the boy a second (or however many) chance but just saying that I wouldn't be happy if it was my club. Personal opinion that's all.

41 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Out of interest, are you saying EVERYONE who has ever carried a knife or ever been involved in heroin is a total scumbag, regardless of circumstances, upbringing, addiction etc. is a total scumbag?

If the answer to the above is no - obviously you're very silly making comments on Strachan without knowing circumstances etc, and if the answer is yes I'd like to know where you draw the line..... Is everyone who has ever been involved with drugs a 'total scumbag'? Is cocaine okay, but heroin isn't? What about anyone whose ever had an addiction, all 'total scumbags' to a man/ woman?

I think the point he was trying to make was that you could maybe forgive 1 or 2 instances, but when it becomes a bit more your view becomes harder to defend.

He was also prosecuted for beating his wife/girlfriend, which I have to say is indefensible.

Nope that is not what I am saying at all. I'm sure he even has a longer list than what I have mentioned above. God knows where you jumped to those conclusions you have stated above.

Not everyone with an addiction is a scumbag. However, Strachan, who I'm assuming is not an addict himself, was selling, to vulnerable addicts.

And anyone who has Carried a knife in normal day to day life, that I can only imagine that has the intention to use it (why else would he be carrying it), is a total scumbag yes. This is
Coming from someone has been the victim of an assault with a knife.

So just to conclude, he's a scumbag and I wouldn't be happy for him representing the team I support.

26 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Nope that is not what I am saying at all. I'm sure he even has a longer list than what I have mentioned above. God knows where you jumped to those conclusions you have stated above.

Not everyone with an addiction is a scumbag. However, Strachan, who I'm assuming is not an addict himself, was selling, to vulnerable addicts.

And anyone who has Carried a knife in normal day to day life, that I can only imagine that has the intention to use it (why else would he be carrying it), is a total scumbag yes. This is

So just to conclude, he's a scumbag and I wouldn't be happy for him representing the team I support.

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you've said there - was simply asking a few questions!

I think the guys probably had quite a hard life a lot of which people who comment on him know nothing about, but some of the things he's done are obviously totally unacceptable and I'd be very uneasy with him being involved with Arbroath again although I do hope things work out for him on and off the pitch going forward.

He didn't go out with the knife he was getting chased add a gang and ran into a shop and grabbed it off the shelf and the dealing he was only in procession and was holding it for another dealer. Not saying wit he done was right but there not as bad as u make out. Anyway it's wit he does on the park wit matters

No issue with any other club giving the boy a second (or however many) chance but just saying that I wouldn't be happy if it was my club. Personal opinion that's all.

I hear what you are saying and have to say i cant really disagree. But us football fans are a fickle bunch. When someone comes in and does well u find it puts the blinkers on some fans and they only see the good football player and not the bad side. You only have to look at clyde fans loving goodwillie. When he signed last season alot of fans werent happy about it. But a few goals, saving league status, and the majority are now loving him signing a new deal with there club.

What team do you follow geo?

Archived