Welcome back East Kilbride

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Just a thread to welcome East Kilbride back to the Lowland League.

A special, warm welcome back to Barry Russell and Martin Lauchlan. I look forward to reading your article in the Sunday Mail.

:lol:

A right good game, just like a cup tie. Cowden looked bigger and stronger but EK played the neater stuff IMO, especially second half. In extra time it was anybody's game and you just felt Cowden would have a bit more conviction at the pens, especially going first.

not delighted with the outcome as I'd rather be visiting C Park instead of K Park next year, and we'll have to see Lauchlan's baw face into the bargain. But thought EK showed they could compete in SPFL2, and were unlucky to meet Cowden who have come on a lot under Locke.

given the weather I think the segregation arrangements were a bit mean on Cowden's part, but with a crowd of 1600 somebody was always getting a soaking.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

A special, warm welcome back to Barry Russell and Martin Lauchlan. I look forward to reading your article in the Sunday Mail.

Pretty sure Lauchlan was saying earlier this season that their aim was just to win the league, and anything else was a bonus, so I'm sure he'll fall back on that one.

It will be interesting to see how EK do next year. Would still have them as slight favourites in front of us, tbqh, but who knows.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Bit cruel:lol:

It was just about as nerve wracking as it can get as a nuetral. Well done Cowden who maybe deserved their wee bit of luck today and staying up. Great crowd 1676 the programmes sold out at 1.20pm ! 

Will the thought of another season in the LL appeal to a lot of EK players? I got the feeling that it was an all out push this year. It will take a lot for them to pick themselves up and go again.

I suppose they can take solace from the fact that Edinburgh City did it at the second attempt.

Took in as a neutral too. Cowdenbeath had a fair amount of  decent chances in that first half and could have been out of sight. 

Fair play to EK for making a real game of it after that. Good crowd too in spite of horrific weather. 

5 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Harsh :lol: could've left it for 24hrs at least

20 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I suppose another season will give East Kilbride time to make a start on their new stadium or at least complete the new stand at K Park.

It's not like Clyde to be hiding in the long grass, when there's a sniff of stands being built.

We have a few players that have played at higher levels and could comfortably do so again.  Careers don't last long and they may prefer to take that chance (if it arises) while they still can.  Getting good players to come to the fifth tier will always be difficult.  It helped us to have half a dozen guys from the town and we do have a youth setup that's doing well but I don't expect us to be as strong next season.  I also think it's possible that Lauchlan could be given an opportunity at a league club.  I don't really care for some of his comments BUT there can be no disputing that he has done well for us since taking over.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:19, haufdaft said:

I suppose another season will give East Kilbride time to make a start on their new stadium or at least complete the new stand at K Park.

Oooft!

We have a few players that have played at higher levels and could comfortably do so again.  Careers don't last long and they may prefer to take that chance (if it arises) while they still can.  Getting good players to come to the fifth tier will always be difficult.  It helped us to have half a dozen guys from the town and we do have a youth setup that's doing well but I don't expect us to be as strong next season.  I also think it's possible that Lauchlan could be given an opportunity at a league club.  I don't really care for some of his comments BUT there can be no disputing that he has done well for us since taking over.

He is a tit, but you cant argue about the results he's got you.

Paul Woods has signed for Stranraer, how many others will follow him out the door?

11 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

He is a tit, but you cant argue about the results he's got you.

Paul Woods has signed for Stranraer, how many others will follow him out the door?

Do you think you could lose any of your best players to L1/L2 offers?

Archived