• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't mind my job. I work 4am-Noon 5 days a week with alternate weekends off. Pays well enough, not too much stress & I'm fairly routined.

I personally think young folk these days are unfairly demonised for an apparent poor work ethic & poorer education choices (I.E. university). There's so much pressure on teens now to go to Uni & earn their degree that it's almost looked down upon to leave school & go straight into work like I did. That's just the vibe I get from older folk in my work. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I have an interview later this week.
Any tips?

I was thinking of walking in and right off the bat giving him a high five. Let them know I am a high achiever and get stuff done but also have a whimsical side.

If it's in America I'd get your teeth polished. With an angle grinder.

All very good tips here.

My teeth are OK I think but I'll brush them really hard that morning just to be sure.
I'll shave my beard off, put on my Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and shorts ensemble, and a pair of dressy boat shoes.

If that doesn't show I'm serious about whatever the job is then I genuinely don't know what else to do.

Any tips?

I was thinking of walking in and right off the bat giving him a high five. Let them know I am a high achiever and get stuff done but also have a whimsical side.

Be on time, be well presented and be prepared. That'll put you at the top of the list alone given how many folk can't get those basics right. 

Any tips?

Check your attire before you go in.

If you feel a draught or get an unexpected laugh your dick's hanging out.

I'm quite lazy at work, work really hard in spells and luckily it's project based so as long as it's in on time nobody cares about me wasting a couple of days.

Had a period of around 6 months recently where the work was really boring and we moved offices which increased my travel time by around an hour a day. I found my motivation decreased by a massive amount during this time and my output was really poor.

I think that it's a combination of things that makes a job worth doing, nice environment (commute, colleagues etc), decent pay and an interest in your work and it becomes worthwhile to put more effort in but I'll never understand people who'll come in early/work through lunch/stay late no matter the circumstance or job. I earn the same as my colleague who sits next to me and have a similar output but he works an extra 10+ hours a week than me and takes great delight in talking about it.

Does anyone on here work for Scottish Water, or have you worked for them?

I fancy working with water and shitty water. Saw a few jobs with them recently and wondered what they are like as an employer.

My only dealings with them were on projects and they were fucking awful. They never return phone calls or answer e-mails and we're just generally fucking horrendous.

Those two experiences aside, what are they like to work for? Anyone know?

23 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Does anyone on here work for Scottish Water, or have you worked for them?

I fancy working with water and shitty water. Saw a few jobs with them recently and wondered what they are like as an employer.

My only dealings with them were on projects and they were fucking awful. They never return phone calls or answer e-mails and we're just generally fucking horrendous.

Those two experiences aside, what are they like to work for? Anyone know?

No idea, but I nearly applied for a job that seemed to be mainly about driving around the Highlands collecting water samples. Hope this is helpful.

No idea, but I nearly applied for a job that seemed to be mainly about driving around the Highlands collecting water samples. Hope this is helpful.

Very helpful. I am now settled on applying. I can almost smell the sewage already.

Archived