Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

I don't have any current figures, but based on numbers bandied about in previous seasons I think it's likely that 200 fans travelling would represent more than 50% of our season ticket holders. That's not bad, and then we have the local issues (tickets only available by paying cash at NDP, no online sales, short time period available to arrange to get along)

I do actually share the annoyance about the OF line constantly being trotted out - people have the freedom to choose who they want to support.  Hamilton have no God-given right to expect someone living in the area to come along, it's up to the club & fans to make it an attractive proposition, something that we have not been very good at doing.

Anyway, we've got a game tonight.  Looking forward to it, it's even what passes for warm in this country so I might only need the one jumper.  Normally in the first leg we'd be happy to just keep the tie in the balance, but as mentioned above I think it's important for Hamilton to seize the initiative tonight.  Not really sure which way it will go, it really depends if it's the Hamilton of our last two games which turns up, or the piss-poor shadow of a football team that has dominated our season.  I'm hoping that the fact we've been playing at a higher level this season will give our players an edge, but I fear United have enough flair in their team to cause some serious damage if our defence start fannying about as per.

Just now, Twinkle said:

Out of interest, how many did Hamilton take to Easter Road when they pumped Hibs?

Around a thousand if I recall.  The first leg result didn't help, I remember trudging away from NDP that night regretting buying my Easter Road ticket before the first leg. Still, turned out nice in the end :)

30 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Usually I don't get involved in crowd w***, but I find the excuses being thrown out here a tad annoying (essentially 'we have no fans because of the OF', when they actually do but they'd rather watch it on tv than head along and give their team their support. Big difference between fans that can't go and those that can't be bothered for whatever combination. The former of the two seems to be exaggerated).

That said, maybe because it's early morning and I started it off by pouring out cereal without checking if there was milk in the fridge first. That followed by the discovery that the last slice of bread has ended up on the bird table.

You feed birds bread in the nesting season!

Harsh on the Hamilton fans from some here. There's certainly no shame in supporting a wee club, virtually every team in Scotland is wee in the grand scheme of things and the exceptions smell of wee so there's no credit there either.

My one gripe is that I couldn't get a ticket for Sunday because of this wee team's silly wee ground (again no shame in having a silly wee ground). Perhaps some thought could be given to moving these sort of games to more suitable venues in future. Hamilton could have played their home tie at Dens, for example, which would have been better for all interested parties.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Perhaps some thought could be given to moving these sort of games to more suitable venues in future. Hamilton could have played their home tie at Dens, for example, which would have been better for all interested parties.

You're that desperate to get a win at Dens?  How the mighty have fallen ..... :P

Genuinely cannot call this. Saw Hamilton do the Dons at NDP not that long ago, so think tonight's game may be the one that makes the difference. If United can take a 2-0 to NDP then I'd fancy them, but less than that I'd go for Hamilton.

The last coupon I got up was at last years Euro's, so what the f**k do I know.

Hope for a couple of good games though.

Enjoy if you're going guys, best hide behind the couch if you're not.

3 minutes ago, Helpma said:

Not really sure which way it will go, it really depends if it's the Hamilton of our last two games which turns up, or the piss-poor shadow of a football team that has dominated our season.  I'm hoping that the fact we've been playing at a higher level this season will give our players an edge, but I fear United have enough flair in their team to cause some serious damage if our defence start fannying about as per.

You've clearly not seen much of United this season then? Flair isn't an accusation that's been levelled at them much (although they have an uncanny talent for inducing sphincter twitching in most united fans on a frequent basis).

I felt that if we could get past Falkirk, we would manage to beat either ICT or Hamilton, but now we are here, I'm not confident. As you say, playing in the top flight is an advantage for Hamilton. Im hoping for a result tonight though. 

I don't agree with the neutral venue arguement. I think it's right that the clubs play at home, regardless of their capacity. Otherwise it's not a home game. It's hard for fans who follow their teams every week not to be able to get a ticket, but I think we just have to suck it up. 

I also praise these guys, but no more than I would a Falkirk / Dunfermline fan living just 30 miles from Glasgow. Although Hamilton has much greater proximity, I doubt this short distance makes some notable difference that some of the HAFC fans on here would like to make out.

Send your bird to the shop for a loaf then grumpy chops. I can recommend Warburtons Tiger.

We've not beaten a team when we've conceded in the league this season, and I really can't see us keeping United at bay tonight. When to play Templeton's the big one, as he won't be able to start tonight and Sunday.
I really don't know anyone that plays for United anymore. Andreu and Murray, yes, and I think I heard someone say on the most recent Terrace podcast that Sean Dillon still plays for them :lol:

I think we have a lot more than 400 season ticket holders. The average home turn out is around 1200, there can't be that many comps this season surely and hardly anyone is paying £22 at the gate so I would expect it to be nearer 800.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We've not beaten a team when we've conceded in the league this season, and I really can't see us keeping United at bay tonight. When to play Templeton's the big one, as he won't be able to start tonight and Sunday.
I really don't know anyone that plays for United anymore. Andreu and Murray, yes, and I think I heard someone say on the most recent Terrace podcast that Sean Dillon still plays for them :lol:

Sean Dillon has been cryogenically frozen since about November and has been released specially for the playoffs.

I hope your wing backs are good at ushering overhit long balls up the touch line out for by kicks or I can see you struggling.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Sean Dillon has been cryogenically frozen since about November and has been released specially for the playoffs.

I hope your wing backs are good at ushering overhit long balls up the touch line out for by kicks or I can see you struggling.

Any time I feel down, I just think of that time he kicked the ball off his own face attempting a clearance against Partick Thistle last season.

Any time I feel down, I just think of that time he kicked the ball off his own face attempting a clearance against Partick Thistle last season.

I think me and you might be the same person. That is one of my highlights of following Utd for 3 decades. I couldnt even shout abuse at him because i was struggling to breathe through laughter