Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

Play Off System:-
Premiership:-
Abolish 4th place qualification.
Semi Final over 2 Legs (2nd VS 3rd)
Final Neutral Venue (Semi Final winner VS 11th Prem)
Championship:-
Fine except final at neutral venue
League 1:-
Fine Except final at neutral venue
League 2:-
Final at neutral venue
10th of League 2 does not Qualify
Final between the Champions of the lower leagues

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Pretty sure I did not but happy to be proven wrong?

I complained bitterly even about the reduced allocation for Falkirk at last years final second leg (not that it would make any difference to the outcome).

But my complaint was more to do with how supporters are treated.

Irrespective, i have never really felt that Hampden is truly neutral when the Old Firm are involved but I do accept that there's no real alternative for one off finals.

You got about 4500 tickets - not sure how that could be described as a "reduced allocation".

4 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Hamilton have sold 200 for tomorrow night, what a joke.

What is it you expect Hamilton to do?

They are based in a town where most people choose to support Celtic and Rangers. It's these folk that are the joke, not Accies.

10 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

On this occasion I'd prefer a one off game at Hampden.  United usually bottle it there.

Good point, Shadow Play.  Maybe if Dundee ever got to Hampden, they'd have a chance of bottling it, too.

Big crowds are a double edged sword. If the team is playing well, they can be the "12th man" (hate that saying). 

If they are playing shite or go a goal down, it's alot of verbal abuse and pressure on the players to turn it round.

We will find out tonight I suppose.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Club with bigger fan base in selling more tickets shock.

That's not the issue here, more that a club in Scotland's top league can only take 200 to the biggest game of their season so far.

They are based in a town where most people choose to support Celtic and Rangers. It's these folk that are the joke, not Accies.

We get it, we have a small support.

Whilst this may be true, ~85-80% of regular fans not going this massive (less than two hours away) game which is rather easily achievable after a 9-5 days work is pretty poor form by any club's standard.

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

That's not the issue here, more that a club in Scotland's top league can only take 200 to the biggest game of their season so far.

Whilst this may be true, ~85-80% of regular fans not going this massive (less than two hours away) game which is rather easily achievable after a 9-5 days work is pretty poor form by any club's standard.

You know, you're absolutely right.  I can't believe no-one has ever noticed this before.  I think Hamilton should do the honourable thing and just pull out of the league, release the players, demolish the ground, salt the earth and liquidate the club.  Oh, and ask if our name could be forever expunged from the history of Scottish football.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This is right. This cannot be emphasised enough.

Reeks of double standards criticising a club for the amount of fans they have supporting them, and poking fun at the fans of that club for having a small number of fellow supporters. I know some of it is done 'in fun', some through a sense of arrogance and false superiority, and some through ignorance.

Rather I'd praise the likes of Accies' fans for not following the Celtic/Sevco support, which critics of the numbers following HAFC really begin to mirror.

As to the game, I was more worried about the previous two rounds v Morton and Falkirk, but my personal mood will have no bearing on the outcome. The size of support for either side will have little effect either.

You know, you're absolutely right.  I can't believe no-one has ever noticed this before.  I think Hamilton should do the honourable thing and just pull out of the league, release the players, demolish the ground, salt the earth and liquidate the club.  Oh, and ask if our name could be forever expunged from the history of Scottish football.

... OR they just stop the Old Firm excuse spin and admit that an unusually large majority of the current supporters (compared to other clubs, %age being the key factor here) evidently don't want to travel. Run of the mill league games is one thing, once a season playoff final away trips is another. It's as if the edge of the world lies just beyond the Castlecary viaduct or something.

33 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Again, assuming they do only take 200 up, which I doubt is all that will be there, but assuming it is, what's the issue? They have a small travelling support. How is that "poor form" for the club? They can't force people to go. Who is it you are actually having a pop at? 

Not sure why you're so concerned.

Usually I don't get involved in crowd w***, but I find the excuses being thrown out here a tad annoying (essentially 'we have no fans because of the OF', when they actually do but they'd rather watch it on tv than head along and give their team their support. Big difference between fans that can't go and those that can't be bothered for whatever combination. The former of the two seems to be exaggerated).

That said, maybe because it's early morning and I started it off by pouring out cereal without checking if there was milk in the fridge first. That followed by the discovery that the last slice of bread has ended up on the bird table.

Rather I'd praise the likes of Accies' fans for not following the Celtic/Sevco support, which critics of the numbers following HAFC really begin to mirror.

I also praise these guys, but no more than I would a Falkirk / Dunfermline fan living just 30 miles from Glasgow. Although Hamilton has greater proximity, I doubt this short difference in distance leads to some highly increased disadvantage that some of the HAFC fans on here would like to make out exists.

I dont like to get involved in these crowd debates usually but i do think that Hamilton should be bringing a bigger crowd through. I know they dont have the biggest of fanbases but this is like a cup final for both sets of supporters. Surely that should be enough reason to take a larger crowd than normal to an away match?