Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

Well for the sake of my hypothetical arguement, can we say that there is no cause to use Hampden. Its not a national trophy. If you want to argue that 11th place deserves a chance to play off for their survival fine, but I dont think there is really a reasonable arguement for 2 legs and weighting it in their favour.

Can you imagine if they had used Hampden for the Rangers v Motherwell Play Off Final as a one legged affair? I think that would have offered a huge advantage to Rangers.

I can see an argument for a one legged Play Off final but the current two legged affair is pretty exciting too.

Can you imagine if they had used Hampden for the Rangers v Motherwell Play Off Final as a one legged affair? I think that would have offered a huge advantage to Rangers.

I can see an argument for a one legged Play Off final but the current two legged affair is pretty exciting too.

Rangers could've had every *** in Scotland inside a football stadium for a one off final, they still would've had Bilel Mohsni playing centre half.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why would that offer a huge advantage to Rangers? 

Why would that offer a huge advantage to Rangers? 

You again? [emoji16]

For a start the games in Glasgow and Rangers would definitely have had more supporters at the game.

Genuinely I think Hampden feels like a second home to the Old Firm.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

You again? emoji16.png

For a start the games in Glasgow and Rangers would definitely have had more supporters at the game.

Genuinely I think Hampden feels like a second home to the Old Firm.

Didn't you say it didn't matter who had more fans at the game when United cut your allocation? I'm sure you said players and managers wins games, not fans. 

It would still be neutral for both teams. 

Didn't you say it didn't matter who had more fans at the game when United cut your allocation? I'm sure you said players and managers wins games, not fans. 

It would still be neutral for both teams. 

Pretty sure I did not but happy to be proven wrong?

I complained bitterly even about the reduced allocation for Falkirk at last years final second leg (not that it would make any difference to the outcome).

But my complaint was more to do with how supporters are treated.

Irrespective, i have never really felt that Hampden is truly neutral when the Old Firm are involved but I do accept that there's no real alternative for one off finals.

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

They 'had a huge advantage' at Ibrox. How did that work out?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Pretty sure I did not but happy to be proven wrong?

I complained bitterly even about the reduced allocation for Falkirk at last years final second leg (not that it would make any difference to the outcome).

But my complaint was more to do with how supporters are treated.

Irrespective, i have never really felt that Hampden is truly neutral when the Old Firm are involved but I do accept that there's no real alternative for one off finals.

It's okay m9 you can change your mind now because Falkirk aren't involved. 

It's okay m9 you can change your mind now because Falkirk aren't involved. 

Genuinely mate, I don't think the latter sentence of your statement is mine. My issue is with the restrictions on availability of tickets for fans when it's not needed and certainly is NOT exclusive to Falkirk supporters, although we have been affected by this more than once.

However let's not turn this into a Falkirk discussion. United won, fair and square and I hope they win the final.

The issue is whether a one off final is better.

I don't think it is and I can see all sorts of challenges and disagreements re venues, ticket allocations etc.

Jeez, Celtic were complaining about 300 tickets that they might not get for Hampden despite being given advantages on ticket splits in previous seasons.

What A Shitey Away Support....

Srsly tho, I would expect Dumbarton to bring more...

I have not read all the way through this but I know United have sold out the second leg. What's the situation re Hamilton? Have they sold out the second leg or will they?

(Honestly that's not a dig at Hamilton in any way, just curious?)

34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I have not read all the way through this but I know United have sold out the second leg. What's the situation re Hamilton? Have they sold out the second leg or will they?

(Honestly that's not a dig at Hamilton in any way, just curious?)

According to Twitter, they've sold 300 tickets for Sunday, (maybe its still the ST holders period?). We sold our 2,700 in 2.5 hours.

37 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Why Dumbarton?

Cos they've had the worst league travelling support this season