Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

I see the threads descended into the usual pish that it does every season. You've got a Money man. " naw naw not us". And fucking repeat it over and over. Who cares. We all wish we had a few bob. Let pollok deny they have outside input. Really don't care doesn't always work. Sometimes it does but if drys up at some point.!! . Wish to f**k someone would give us cash. I'd be first on here to admit it and rub folks faces in it . Right back on thread. Tranent for me the morro to see our new signings. Hearing good things about Mitchell and scullion. Great signings that no doubt on a few bob from us.

I'd love to see an average age of 1st team squad comparison for all the top league sides. 

Probably something for another thread though. 

2 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

I see the threads descended into the usual pish that it does every season. You've got a Money man. " naw naw not us". And fucking repeat it over and over. Who cares. We all wish we had a few bob. Let pollok deny they have outside input. Really don't care doesn't always work. Sometimes it does but if drys up at some point.!! . Wish to f**k someone would give us cash. I'd be first on here to admit it and rub folks faces in it emoji23.png. Right back on thread. Tranent for me the morro to see our new signings. Hearing good things about Mitchell and scullion. Great signings that no doubt on a few bob from us.

I don't think anyone as a fan would knock back cash at their club. Clubs put a huge amount of effort into fund raising and quite often every penny is a prisoner. They might ultimately live to regret how it was spent but that's another issue.

Pollok are putting what looks like a very good side together with the money they have. Some folk can't take this with any modicum of grace, but it's the way football has been since day dot so they will just have to suck it up and the Pollok fans certainly won't be arsed.

The truth of the matter is that for Pollok to give a youth a chance in this squad they'll need to be exceptional for the Junior grade. Young players at clubs with less resources will get more opportunities, but let's face it, the best ones will be on their way to the likes of Pollok the second they start looking decent enough. 

I don't think anyone as a fan would knock back cash at their club. Clubs put a huge amount of effort into fund raising and quite often every penny is a prisoner. They might ultimately live to regret how it was spent but that's another issue.
Pollok are putting what looks like a very good side together with the money they have. Some folk can't take this with any modicum of grace, but it's the way football has been since day dot so they will just have to suck it up and the Pollok fans certainly won't be arsed.
The truth of the matter is that for Pollok to give a youth a chance in this squad they'll need to be exceptional for the Junior grade. Young players at clubs with less resources will get more opportunities, but let's face it, the best ones will be on their way to the likes of Pollok the second they start looking decent enough. 

Mate am bored listening folk talk about money and where it comes from.. in a big circle we go with it. Am bored hearing denials that folk put money in. So what if they have. I'd be happy to tell folk that someone fired cash into us .the money just appeared from sponsors and fundraising is nonsense! . I mean aye there's big sponsors and fundraisers. We're no daft. We all know what it takes to run a club. When a club spends like pollok its def not all from sponsors and fundraisers. There's pennys from elsewhere and like I say why deny it. Unless it's dodgy. Just fucking rub our noses in it. I know I would

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

You need to pay more attention to the youth team old bean we have played pollok several times at under 21st for example and in same league as them. Our youth team have been training with our first team and next to first team. Our manager and his coaches have been coaching the youth teams several times over the last year or two sometimes in own time. All our coaches at every level work together know each other and communicate with each other. Several coaches were all present at the recent Petershill tournament along with half a dozen youth players featuring for the first team. We have signed up a under 21 player and a former amateur keeper is our number two this season. It's all been done with our stadium in mind and the future.Nothing particularly clever about it loads of clubs are doing it just good common sense and hard work.       

I doubt youth team graduates would play for free - at any major team - if that's what your getting at.

Edited by Sunrise

Clubs will take money from any sources viable,and quite rightly so,if i had won the lotto like the Weirs 163million then Talbot would be playing in this weeks euro rounds......we've all dreamed about it.This maybe a stupid question.Does any of Pie and Bovrils statisticians remember the last time Talbot lost any of their top players to transfer,to another junior team,plenty have left to go senior or moved to coach before retiring,but i can't remember a top player moving to another junior side or is my memory just crap.

3 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Clubs will take money from any sources viable,and quite rightly so,if i had won the lotto like the Weirs 163million then Talbot would be playing in this weeks euro rounds......we've all dreamed about it.This maybe a stupid question.Does any of Pie and Bovrils statisticians remember the last time Talbot lost any of their top players to transfer,to another junior team,plenty have left to go senior or moved to coach before retiring,but i can't remember a top player moving to another junior side or is my memory just crap.

Probably James Lundie, player of the year and then went to Arthurlie. Signed Pettigrew to replace him though so not too bad

23 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Gavin Friels twice where we banked a few bob on both occasions.

Miliken to beith

One poster has managed to turn this transfer thread into a diatribe against Pollok. It's easy for a ROb Roy supporter to start every season with low expectations and hope to beat them. Pollok don't have that luxury. They are expected to compete for and win major trophies. The management team will have that ambition - it's not pressure it's the reality of leading a top club. Pollok are justifiably favourites for the league. Their best signing is the return of Stuart Ralston to the club. The management team will resign if they aren't competing for the big prizes. Should Beith sack Miller for a barren season? Of course not. And neither will Pollok so long as the team are progressing and competitive.

4 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

That's terrible disrespect to a former player that gave his all for Talbot any real Talbot supporter wouldn't say a thing like that terrible

Don't talk pish. So I am not allowed an opinion on a player I watched many times. Is everybody who has played for your team a world beater.

I wish Milky well, in fact I hope he plays every game for Beith

5 hours ago, rednblack said:

You need to pay more attention to the youth team old bean we have played pollok several times at under 21st for example and in same league as them. Our youth team have been training with our first team and next to first team. Our manager and his coaches have been coaching the youth teams several times over the last year or two sometimes in own time. All our coaches at every level work together know each other and communicate with each other. Several coaches were all present at the recent Petershill tournament along with half a dozen youth players featuring for the first team. We have signed up a under 21 player and a former amateur keeper is our number two this season. It's all been done with our stadium in mind and the future.Nothing particularly clever about it loads of clubs are doing it just good common sense and hard work.       

To be honest I was liking the anti pollok shite but you lad have made me bored of it, in fact I now find myself not sending any casts into the waters for a bite because every 2nd or 3rd post your driveling aboot their transfer budget.  We all get it your 100% mega mega jealous of pollok n Talbot no idea why apart from envy. Now I feel your missing the point as Beith are better than both and when you comprehend this it will be our turn for your pish.

No long throw and bate needed

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't talk pish. So I am not allowed an opinion on a player I watched many times. Is everybody who has played for your team a world beater.

I wish Milky well, in fact I hope he plays every game for Beith

Nah no buying it, your 1 o them cup final supporters who feel the need to act like your there every week but in fact your a part timer.......we all smell your shite

good player Milliken but not one for scoring many goals. More of a runner and provider for others and even on a bad day makes a nuisance of himself.

I assume its fairly unusual for Talbot to lose any of their top players to tansfer to fellow junior teams,never mind three thats gone this year,does that mean that they believe there's more chance of winning medals at their new clubs (pollok and beith) rather than continue at Talbot or does a player around 30ish have to consider the financial aspect of a move more than the medals.

A lot of negativity towards Pollok on here. I for one think it's great seeing them go for it. They are the biggest club in the juniors and have been underachieving for far too long. Good luck to them.

9 hours ago, kenny131 said:

To be honest I was liking the anti pollok shite but you lad have made me bored of it, in fact I now find myself not sending any casts into the waters for a bite because every 2nd or 3rd post your driveling aboot their transfer budget.  We all get it your 100% mega mega jealous of pollok n Talbot no idea why apart from envy. Now I feel your missing the point as Beith are better than both and when you comprehend this it will be our turn for your pish.

No long throw and bate needed

Your that great you got pumped by a mediocre senior side and won feck all last season.