Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.
Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

If there good enough they should be playing if not let the young ones move on and get a regular game elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

If there good enough they should be playing if not let the young ones move on and get a regular game elsewhere.

simple as that really. 

It's the way the game has always worked. 

I'm sure it will be back down to 19/20 when the league cup is out of the way and other teams will pick up some decent players. Pollok have won a fair few trophies already under Tony so this is definitely about the league and the Scottish. It's been a while since we saw Pollok a earnings power fully reflected in the squad so this is an exciting time for their supporters.

Exciting times for the Pollok supporters so long as the investment is reflected in wins and silverware. Anything short of the League and/or Scottish for Pollok means the huge spend has been a complete and expensive failure.

2 of them cud play sitting midfield and they could go to a 3 with at least one on bench for certain games Auchinleck had 20 stripped v Bonnyrigg and pettigrew wasn't involved so they have minimum 21 you need that sort of squad is your gonna challenge for big prizes

I count Talbot to have 23 players as Pettigrew, Harvey and McCracken didn't play on Saturday

2 hours ago, rednblack said:

All depends on the youngster for me. Certain ones benefit from that certain ones don't the top ones, the obvious stand outs don't need that for me.

Wouldn't class Thomas as a youngster like the ones i am talking about either, Thomas was with queens park then with us. Then a best part of a season with you guys playing in plenty big games along the way.

What are you actually talking about, any standout youth player your advocating of course won't need that as they will be signed up by professional clubs.  These are local boys stepping up from youth football to mens football. If you ever played the game at any level amatuer included playing youth then going into adult teams is a big step at all levels. You would know this if you ever played #waterboyalert

On 24/07/2017 at 20:31, rednblack said:

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now emoji23.png

Many clubs have made large investments in playing squads over recent years-Lok are able to do that so that's what has been done as it was badly needed.The Committee and club have backed the manager so it's down to him to build a new  stronger team.

Many clubs have made large investments in playing squads over recent years-Lok are able to do that so that's what has been done as it was badly needed.The Committee and club have backed the manager so it's down to him to build a new  stronger team.

Of course but most haven't done it to such a massive extent in one full go , 10 big signings in a short space of time is massive investment and massive pressure , always been big pressure at pollok but never more so than this season.
Will say one thing despite the big signings and how i expect them to win the league i don't this team will have the fear factor of Pollok teams from ten / twenty years ago . Will be interesting to see how it goes , if it gets to the point of naming people on the bench who aren't even in the country then the game really is a bogey with that squad

Must have some great sponsorship deals that's for sure as even 600 every col of weeks doesn't cover the wages. Looking forward to a Newlandsfield return after 3 years though 

I heard pollok are getting their money from one of the guys who was involved at the medda, just look at the mess they were left in

9 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Where are Ta£bot getting there money from heard Sean Mcilroy
got a big signing on fee and £ 200
a week

NUM?

18 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Rumours and I heard.......emoji1.png

We have a fund where supporters pay in every month and there are hundreds doing so.

We don't spend anywhere near the amounts of Po££ok, Hurl£ord , Me££a etc.

Pollok have a similar scheme to Talbot as well as numerous other fundraising opportunities for supporters to help fund the club. 

We all know that geo but at least medda won leagues and every other cup except the Scottish
but thanks for the reminder

The moneyman who was at medda
is at cambuslang as far as I hear

No Money man at Cambuslang!

7 hours ago, rednblack said:

Of course but most haven't done it to such a massive extent in one full go , 10 big signings in a short space of time is massive investment and massive pressure , always been big pressure at pollok but never more so than this season.
Will say one thing despite the big signings and how i expect them to win the league i don't this team will have the fear factor of Pollok teams from ten / twenty years ago . Will be interesting to see how it goes , if it gets to the point of naming people on the bench who aren't even in the country then the game really is a bogey with that squad emoji4.png

Very true rednblack.
A lot of pressure on the management and players to that extent but In order for any team to be the best they need to handle the pressure and use it to their advantage.   Although it will take a while before Pollok get back to twenty years or so when Pollok were a fear factor to most teams.
There are a lot of new signings at Pollok and some look very good but its really how they gel together, in games and in training and I've watched both and it looks positive.  Potentially, Pollok look as if they will do a lot better than last year but it will be a few years of hard work before even the big guns are continually worried.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
correction