Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

Recommended Posts

Talbot have agreed the transfer of Martin McGoldrick to Pollok and signed Sean McIlroy & Calvin Kemp .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McGoldrick to Pollok 5k to be announced so I've been told so watch this space .

Just signed a deal recently but transfer listed hence big fee.

 

 

 

 

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

 

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it will be back down to 19/20 when the league cup is out of the way and other teams will pick up some decent players. Pollok have won a fair few trophies already under Tony so this is definitely about the league and the Scottish. It's been a while since we saw Pollok a earnings power fully reflected in the squad so this is an exciting time for their supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.
 
22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now
 

Beith have a squad of 21 would be 22 of they resigned Tommy martin gone are the days of 17/18 man squads for top teams you need roughly 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

 

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now emoji23.png

 

Some quality signings their captain from last season may just find himself on the bench regular this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rednblack said:

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

 

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now emoji23.png

 

Keep pedalling your own shite, that only you believes.

i am sure one of your many user names will be able to read this post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good signing if it all goes through. Fought off competition from at least two other teams in our league I'm led to believe. That's the squad complete now for sure, 22 is bigger than we've had before but plenty of Pollok fans weren't happy with a smaller pool last season so no one can complain. Still have 1 or 2 out injured as well. 

 

Plenty if of strength in depth. Might have a few centre backs but at least two can play full back and two in Midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Some quality signings their captain from last season may just find himself on the bench regular this season.

You may be right, but it wouldn't surprise me that we move to 3 at the back in some games. That's how we set up on Saturday and also on occasion last season, but the difficulty last season is we didn't have the midfield players to protect the defence that you need in that system. 

Over the last few season Gallagher has played with injuries or been rushed back early due to lack of alternatives, so thankfully if he needs a rest we hopefully will now have a couple of strong options to bring in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, superpollok said:

You may be right, but it wouldn't surprise me that we move to 3 at the back in some games. That's how we set up on Saturday and also on occasion last season, but the difficulty last season is we didn't have the midfield players to protect the defence that you need in that system. 

Over the last few season Gallagher has played with injuries or been rushed back early due to lack of alternatives, so thankfully if he needs a rest we hopefully will now have a couple of strong options to bring in. 

Assembled a very squad on paper the team to beat, Tony will have to earn his crust keeping them all happy, shouldn't be an issue early in the season but maybe nov/Dec like everyone else with big squads when games are called for 3 weeks and boys left out of team come next playable match tedddy's normally tossed oot.

Good luck and look forward to the battles with you ahead.

Edited by kenny131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clydebank have completed the signings of Josh Watt and Phil Johnston. Josh is a midfielder previously with Motherwell, Stenhousemuir and Queens Park amongst others, whilst defender/midfielder Phil joins us from Clyde after spending time previously with Stirling Albion.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968000.240654.jpgImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968013.645316.jpg


Bankies current squad now looks as follows:


Goalkeepers
Josh Lumsden

Defenders
Callum Gow
Jamie Darroch
Jim Lyden
Andy Paterson
Ross Forsyth

Midfielders
Alan Vezza
Ryan Deas
Josh Watt
Phil Johnston
Reece Pearson

Forwards
Jordan Shelvey
Alan Frizzell
Ciaran Lafferty
Chris Black
Ross Lyden


Player Coaches
Kieran McAnespie D/M
Scott Morrison GK

Possibly a couple of others to follow before the league campaign starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Clydebank have completed the signings of Josh Watt and Phil Johnston. Josh is a midfielder previously with Motherwell, Stenhousemuir and Queens Park amongst others, whilst defender/midfielder Phil joins us from Clyde after spending time previously with Stirling Albion.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968000.240654.jpgImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968013.645316.jpg


Bankies current squad now looks as follows:


Goalkeepers
Josh Lumsden

Defenders
Callum Gow
Jamie Darroch
Jim Lyden
Andy Paterson
Ross Forsyth

Midfielders
Alan Vezza
Ryan Deas
Josh Watt
Phil Johnston
Reece Pearson

Forwards
Jordan Shelvey
Alan Frizzell
Ciaran Lafferty
Chris Black
Ross Lyden


Player Coaches
Kieran McAnespie D/M
Scott Morrison GK

Possibly a couple of others to follow before the league campaign starts

Some good players assembled looking forward to the old Talbot v Bankies tussles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone thinking a trend of better players are dropping to the juniors from lower end spfl as it's better wonga for Them?  Or am I way off the mark here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.

Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beith have a squad of 21 would be 22 of they resigned Tommy martin gone are the days of 17/18 man squads for top teams you need roughly 20

I agree i was laughing at the 5 defenders who can play centre back. They certainly not going to be naming any players this season on the bench who aren't even in the ground to save face to those who aren't at the game and only see team lines .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree i was laughing at the 5 defenders who can play centre back. They certainly not going to be naming any players this season on the bench who aren't even in the ground to save face to those who aren't at the game and only see team lines .

2 of them cud play sitting midfield and they could go to a 3 with at least one on bench for certain games Auchinleck had 20 stripped v Bonnyrigg and pettigrew wasn't involved so they have minimum 21 you need that sort of squad is your gonna challenge for big prizes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Anyone thinking a trend of better players are dropping to the juniors from lower end spfl as it's better wonga for Them?  Or am I way off the mark here.

certainly not coming to us for the cash ... although I hear some SPFL2 clubs are back paying expenses almost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone thinking a trend of better players are dropping to the juniors from lower end spfl as it's better wonga for Them?  Or am I way off the mark here.

Travel distances are also an aspect for matches and training. They may not necessarily be on better wages but they have less costs, so the same is more if you see what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.

Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

 

 

 

Who is the young lad at Pollok? Think he'd fancy a move for first team football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keiran making use of his senior contacts with some of these signings. Be interesting to see how The Bankies do this season back in the SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...