John Gibson, GK, ex Clyde

Ross Barclay, RB, ex West Park

Div Mackay, LB, ex Vale of Clyde

Ryan Haxton, DEF, ex Kilbirnie

Dillon Kennedy, CM, ex West Park

Steffan Graham, CM, ex West Park

Scott McManus, ST, ex Vale of Clyde

Gary Hynds, ST, ex Antonine

Also looking at a few trialists too same as most clubs will be.

Hackys discipline can be a problem. Was excellent his first season for us but erratic and had personal problems in his 2nd season. Right back or central defence he is a good player 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Docherty from Rutherglen Glencairn on trial at qp at the moment. Think he'll be any good in league 1? He played today and looked class although it was against fairly weak opposition

18 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Docherty from Rutherglen Glencairn on trial at qp at the moment. Think he'll be any good in league 1? He played today and looked class although it was against fairly weak opposition

I watched him a good few times last season he's a quality centre back/left sided player. Comfortable with the ball at his feet and his timing in the tackle is second to none he will handle league 1 no problem 

19 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Ryan is a good player, you won't find anyone fitter than him in your squad. Whether he is able to crack it at QP remains to be seen, but we wish him well. Prone to the odd mad moment defensively, tries to do a bit too much at times, but he's a good player, and one of the nicest guys I've met in the game.

8 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

The term 'junior thicko' is very apt right now, particularly after reading the last couple of pages of this thread.

A term invented by Pie and Bovril-ers who abused a guy who lost his pets and house in a fire though... think that's far worse than daftness here!

Really happy with, Glenaftons two signings so far, Jambo, and Gunner are two boys who will definitely improve us, IMO, sorry to see. Dan Orsi, Chris Meikle and. Blair Lochhead leave the club, every one, had a big part to play in our success last season! [emoji3]

Think the lack of a potent strike force cost you more last season rather than the other end . Andy chucked it & Kenny has lost that yard .
Sort that & the league is yours to lose .
Should have hammered us at Bellsdale & that wasn't the only time.
That's what cost you

Top scorers in league mate turn 2 of them 2-2 draws to wins and we could of been champions the 2 that spring to mind straight away yourselves at home and cumnock

6 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Top scorers in league mate turn 2 of them 2-2 draws to wins and we could of been champions the 2 that spring to mind straight away yourselves at home and cumnock

Well you couldnt turn them into wins ,  the Glens won the league with a game to spare, ifs and buts dont win the league, we were the most consistant over the season and deserved winners, you were the best team i saw last season and thats taking into account Bonnyrigg. You dont do the double because other teams dropped points or been unlucky.

9 hours ago, qpfc said:

He isn't actually a centre half only moved there in the last year. Was a wonderful player at lanark and I have no doubt he will do well there if signed.

1 hour ago, dk81130 said:

He isn't actually a centre half only moved there in the last year. Was a wonderful player at lanark and I have no doubt he will do well there if signed.

I think he actually IS a centre half, he looks far more comfortable there than in midfield. I think he only played once in midfield for Glencairn, but about 40 times in central defence.

Correct, Beith were probably best team last season, think Cumnock and Talbot, might push us for top east Ayrshire side this season, but who knows!

Very frustrating season for beith and the day we beat glens away 3-1 in the league we were dynamite and outclassed them , but it's obviously aboot mare than wan game though .

15 hours ago, glensmad said:

Two strikers brought in, Graham Boyd and Gary Smith.

Oofft Boydy racking up the clubs now. Ladeside,Winton,Medda,Glencairn. Play him through the middle disnae like being played wide. Ball to feet space to run into get best from him. Will see him at the tournament now. Really nice big chap.

Roy would have won league if big willie and kev never picked up injuries and took their family holidays out with the season we lost both players for long spells during season and yes I know that's football and could happen to all teams but that's my belief and I'm sticking with it but to be fair glenafton were exceptional last season but let's see what a new season brings

Roy would have won league if big willie and kev never picked up injuries and took their family holidays out with the season we lost both players for long spells during season and yes I know that's football and could happen to all teams but that's my belief and I'm sticking with it but to be fair glenafton were exceptional last season but let's see what a new season brings

Rob roy didn't beat any of the other 3 challengers when it mattered

35 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Aye right. And the other team would of won the league if had not lost the games that they did. 

Archived