Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

Peter Bradley has signed for Rossvale from Petershill along with Steven McGladrigan. This is on the back of losing McCann to Pollok, Nicol to Clyde and Murphy to Cumbernauld. A lot of big earners and big players for Peasy lost.
Be interesting to see who they bring in.

Mcgladrigan going 2 rossvale is a good bit of business for rossvale. Peasy very quiet on the transfer front same as us.

Mon the papers

Mcgladrigan going 2 rossvale is a good bit of business for rossvale. Peasy very quiet on the transfer front same as us.

Mon the papers

We've signed 4 plus 3 lads from West Park and 11 of the current squad are still here. We've been "quiet" because I was on holiday and couldn't be arsed tweeting or posting anything, and I was playing in the monthly medal today.

Rossvale seem to be making a few good signings. Also after hearing some of the players they have contacted fair play to them for showing ambition

Good job you weren't ever the manager of Terry, puyol, mascherano, Pique, canavaro, vidic to name a few or else they would have been binned. More to be a quality centre back than having pace. If you've good pace and can read a game you'll do fine.

Plenty of good centre backs in the juniors that ain't speed merchants and there's none much better than McLaughlin either.

All about opinions my friend. Beith coughed up a lot of leading positions to second half goals. They were two draws converted to wins from winning a second title. If you think the way to go is a two 40s and a mid 30s - then that's your view. For me Beith are two players away from a championship squad but we will know soon enough.

25 minutes ago, manintheknow said:

All about opinions my friend. Beith coughed up a lot of leading positions to second half goals. They were two draws converted to wins from winning a second title. If you think the way to go is a two 40s and a mid 30s - then that's your view. For me Beith are two players away from a championship squad but we will know soon enough.

Unless we we strengthen the weakest area of our team then forget about it for me, we are crying out for young commanding centre half and without 1 we,ll fall short again.

1 hour ago, lineo said:

Good job you weren't ever the manager of Terry, puyol, mascherano, Pique, canavaro, vidic to name a few or else they would have been binned. More to be a quality centre back than having pace. If you've good pace and can read a game you'll do fine.

Plenty of good centre backs in the juniors that ain't speed merchants and there's none much better than McLaughlin either.

EH....ha ha ha  debating with yourself.   More to it than pace but if you have pace you,ll do fine. 

Edited by kenny131

5 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Robbie Halliday ex Clydebank has signed for the season ahead

Many new faces at the vale today

Petershill signings so far

Des Trainor, gk, ex Shettleston

John Gibson, GK, ex Clyde

Ross Barclay, RB, ex West Park

Div Mackay, LB, ex Vale of Clyde

Ryan Haxton, DEF, ex Kilbirnie

Dillon Kennedy, CM, ex West Park

Steffan Graham, CM, ex West Park

Scott McManus, ST, ex Vale of Clyde

Gary Hynds, ST, ex Antonine

Also looking at a few trialists too same as most clubs will be.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Petershill signings so far

Des Trainor, gk, ex Shettleston

John Gibson, GK, ex Clyde

Ross Barclay, RB, ex West Park

Div Mackay, LB, ex Vale of Clyde

Ryan Haxton, DEF, ex Kilbirnie

Dillon Kennedy, CM, ex West Park

Steffan Graham, CM, ex West Park

Scott McManus, ST, ex Vale of Clyde

Gary Hynds, ST, ex Antonine

Also looking at a few trialists too same as most clubs will be.

Ten new signings, quite a big turnaround at Peasy. Two goalies I notice, no deal for McNeil ?

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

Heard about deasy and also wee reece pearson from Rob Roy with regards to Bankies

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Ten new signings, quite a big turnaround at Peasy. Two goalies I notice, no deal for McNeil ?

Looks like budget is being cut given its all big earners who have left. 

Don't think big turnaround helps think you guys are looking good for next season with the continuity and also the striker brought in will make a difference.

Edited by Crazy Feet

Just now, Crazy Feet said:

Looks like budget is being cut given its all big earners who have left. 

Don't think big turnaround helps think you guys are looking good for next season either the continuity and also the striker brought in.

Two strikers brought in, Graham Boyd and Gary Smith.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

States a couple of posts earlier that Steve has been offered a deal...... hearing that an ex centre back might / should be returning to Petershill

Heard about deasy and also wee reece pearson from Rob Roy with regards to Bankies

Deasy has signed n recce was/is training dunno if signing tbh

Mon the papers

6 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

States a couple of posts earlier that Steve has been offered a deal...... hearing that an ex centre back might / should be returning to Petershill

Who's that?

Some good promising young players being signed by Peasy, think they will do well with right mixture of experience in there. Went with the experience and paid some decent money last season and never got promoted.

33 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

EH....ha ha ha  debating with yourself.   More to it than pace but if you have pace you,ll do fine. 

Apologies...

You don't need to be the quickest centre half in my opinion. I personally think Beith have got 2 good centre halfs. If they get the correct cover they'll need hard to beat. 

1 hour ago, manintheknow said:

Your right pal, it is all about opinions. As I said earlier I do like the Beith centre backs. I'm sure yous won't be far away this year.

41 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Robbie Halliday ex Clydebank has signed for the season ahead

Good luck (bar 2 games next season) to him. Good player and really nice guy