West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've got a cheek to comment on anyone's stadium you really are a crackpot

Sorry folks to take the thread of at a tangent, but, Geo, let it go mate redanblack is a grade a fud and he is always right...... even when he is always wrong

King of the Gypsies, your committee took the big bucks from a builder when you had no guarantees of a future for one of Junior footballs most famous names....... smacks to me of greed and stupidity and now it's everybody's fault bar the kirky boys...... gie it a rest

1 minute ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Ask yer committee ffs. 3 are on 180 a week

If 3 are on that then good for them. The committee present the budget to the rest of the club yearly. 

Hence why Pollok fans find it strange that the whole of Ayrshire plus Cumbernauld seems to know and care how much all our players are being paid. 

I'm not saying our players are on £5 a week but I'm sure we're on a similar level to the most of our competitors in the league.

If 3 are on that then good for them. The committee present the budget to the rest of the club yearly. 
Hence why Pollok fans find it strange that the whole of Ayrshire plus Cumbernauld seems to know and care how much all our players are being paid. 
I'm not saying our players are on £5 a week but I'm sure we're on a similar level to the most of our competitors in the league.

Am not bothered if you have the cash then use it. Just can't be arsed with folk denying it's what's getting paid. As ave said if we had it I'd admit. Lot of your fans like to deny it.

Why??? I watch juniors and spend a fortune on a personal level to do it. Just don't see why clubs deny there spending big mate. I'd admit if ladeside were

Pollok will spend more than many clubs, and less than some others

However as posted earlier we have had 'big' players at the club before who we will have paid above average wages, this season is the same. We have shifted out some of our bigger players this season and replaced them with others.

What will be happening is the club will be working to what the budget is and will be no different to last few seasons.

The exception to this I agree with a previous poster is under Willie Irvine. But that just shows money doesn't guarantee success

So bumblebee blastie does Kilbirnie no have a money man

I know this was directed to another Ladeside fan but felt I had to put my two bobs worth in as well
Under the stewardship of formerly Swift & Crilly then latterly Swift who may I add only took expenses from the club with no wage paid at any time . Yes we paid a fair amount wages wise on players . Most of the money paid out was on players that both had played with in the past at Meadow & Pollok . Names like Barr , Diack , Dillon , Mcgowan etc came in got a big wage but didn't do very much . We also got Stranraers all time record scorer in Michael Moore at a hefty wage as well with little return
Swift in his lonesome did manage to bring in a few good signings in Miller, Mcaleer & Forde along with Davy Anderson returning . But Davy apart at some cost to the club . Our wages the last 2 seasons were the highest ever in our history . Unbeknown to us Fordes wage was getting paid by a sponsor friend of Swifts so when he resigned the club had little option but to honour Adams contract & Adam paid us back in kind by scoring the goals that kept us up last season.
We then had Mark Bradley coming to the club on a hefty budget for not just himself but his backroom team . So much that a band of fans including myself had to chip in just to ensure they came to the club
They in fairness kept the club in the premier & we thank them for this but we lost a fair few players like Staunton , McElroy et al & only nicked safety in our final game
He then jumps ship at the 1st Chance
So to sum it up .
No we've never had a money man at the club unfortunately but a unbelievably hard working committee & support who go above & beyond on a all to regular basis
I only wish we did have a money man

Sorry folks to take the thread of at a tangent, but, Geo, let it go mate redanblack is a grade a fud and he is always right...... even when he is always wrong

King of the Gypsies, your committee took the big bucks from a builder when you had no guarantees of a future for one of Junior footballs most famous names....... smacks to me of greed and stupidity and now it's everybody's fault bar the kirky boys...... gie it a rest

This sort of rubbish needs to be pulled up on we have not i repeat NOT took any money from any developers for our ground. The whole deal didn't go through till the legal issue got sorted which took three years.
We did sell the old car park and land behind the old stand (several years ago which has helped us survive) where there is now an estate but the main part of the deal we have received nothing for that will obviously be used to fund new stadium. It's not rocket science for god sake.

If 3 are on that then good for them. The committee present the budget to the rest of the club yearly.  Hence why Pollok fans find it strange that the whole of Ayrshire plus Cumbernauld seems to know and care how much all our players are being paid. 

What about money not accounted for in a budget presented to members! Like a sponsor or even management subsiding.

Your budget was in top three or four last season now it will be highest that's the reality of it no matter what you say. I'm gonna believe several players one a club captain, a couple of Pollok supporters, and couple of coaches over yourself to be honest.

3 minutes ago, rednblack said:

What about money not accounted for in a budget presented to members! Like a sponsor or even management subsiding. So i got told from a club captain at a club (not my own)

Your budget was in top three or four last season now it will be highest that's the reality of it no matter what you say.

All accounted for, we have people that know what they are doing. Again, that's rich coming from a supporter of a club who's clearly suffered some financial mismanagement and has spent more in transfer fees than we have, while going to the local paper saying they may not survive.

The abuse RnB is taking here is somewhat ott imo
Having read & known the Rabs story over the last few years but not knowing all facts
Rab's still own their ground at Adamslie as far as I'm aware . They sold a shitload of ground which included a car park & the old social club land . That then got spunked by Jimmy Lindsay( al come back to him in a minute) . & then they decided to apply for ground the other end of Kirkie . The last 3 years has been spent on 1 council f**k up to another & now they have permission for a new ground & said council need to reimburse the club .
Now to Jimmy . He spunked a shitload at Rab's disappeared to Malta for a bit then tried to find a club to sink his claws into . Thankfully he made a total arse of his interview at us & unfortunately he ended up at Arthurlie apparently as Chris Mackies no 2 .
Unfortunately for Lie fans Jimmy is now calling the shots & we've seen over the last few weeks what's went on . I may be wrong & Lie do great this season but I'm betting right now they are in the bottom 4 along with us Bankies & Girvan

Archived