West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

No disrespect 2 forth but should be playing higher level

Mon the papers

Not sure if he is still at Forth. Roddy Hunter and him I believe are pals (both been at various clubs together) and I think an old coach of theirs was at Forth, hence them both joining. But I don't think they lasted long as when I looked at the Forth thread on here very rarely either was mentioned, so assumed both were away.

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Weekly wage will be around the 5k mark for players alone

Not even close. Like I said before I wish. No way is that economically sustainable for any junior team, even a big club like Pollok or Beith. 

That must be close to a new Beith player's signing on fee :) 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Most fans aren't going to argue if their club is out there buying up the best talent but any reasonably attentive Junior fan knows it simply isn't sustainable to spend outwith your means for very long, so it begs the question as to whether Pollok are giving it the Flash Harry routine while gambling the club's longer term stability or can they keep this kind of spending going effortlessly?

Pollok are run by the fans for the fans. The clubs finances are reported to the members every season. No way would the "body of the Kirk" so to speak gamble the clubs long term future for one shot at glory. Seen far to many teams do it and fail. 

A lot of big players have left Pollok in the last 18months. For example Monti and Frye won't have been on expenses nor the Winters brothers.

3 hours ago, cmonthelie said:

Gary Smith won't be there for long, a big team will snap him up in no time. A much better player than that level.

Yet he has decided to leave a team in the Super Premier League, and turn down the interests of another Premier League team to join us, plus interest from another team who I regard as a "big club" in comparison to our resources.

Gary clearly doesn't agree with you. If he is going to jump ship when a supposed "big team" comes along, why hasn't he just stayed with Arthurlie or joined one of the other "big teams" who wanted him now ?

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Because they went from ayrshire whipping boys to scottish winners after a money man arrived.  

Not strictly true,Kevin Biggart and Del, done all the hard work progressing through the leagues only to be dumped when Hurlford hit the big time.Despicable how they were treated and im surprised they've not been given the chance to manage another club,or maybe that experiance has put them off.Two cracking guys they are too.

Yet he has decided to leave a team in the Super Premier League, and turn down the interests of another Premier League team to join us, plus interest from another team who I regard as a "big club" in comparison to our resources.
Gary clearly doesn't agree with you. If he is going to jump ship when a supposed "big team" comes along, why hasn't he just stayed with Arthurlie or joined one of the other "big teams" who wanted him now ?

Who was the other prem team ?

Mon the papers

21 minutes ago, JackD1908 said:

Pollok are run by the fans for the fans. The clubs finances are reported to the members every season. No way would the "body of the Kirk" so to speak gamble the clubs long term future for one shot at glory. Seen far to many teams do it and fail. 

A lot of big players have left Pollok in the last 18months. For example Monti and Frye won't have been on expenses nor the Winters brothers.

Pish, remember Willie Irvine and the contracts he had players on? Stop treating folk with contempt. Pollock have one of the highest budgets in this league and I can't see that changing in the near future. I have absolutely no issue with the amount of money your club spends on players but please stop talking  pish.

6 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Why not? The club's done nothing wrong

Mon the papers

I never suggested that anybody had done anything wrong. I just don't want to name the other clubs that I know were interested. If you're interested to know if your own club was interested, then the answer to that is that I haven't heard Clydebank linked, but that doesn't mean that they weren't.

You don't have to believe me, it's up to you, it really doesn't make any difference.

I never suggested that anybody had done anything wrong. I just don't want to name the other clubs that I know were interested. If you're interested to know if your own club was interested, then the answer to that is that I haven't heard Clydebank linked, but that doesn't mean that they weren't.
You don't have to believe me, it's up to you, it really doesn't make any difference.

I know it wasn't us am just bored n wanting something 2 talk about ha

Mon the papers

Archived