West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, king Henrik7 said:

It's only the league below I wouldn't say he will run riot.

McRobbie is a good player, he came through Glencairn u21s and was partner to Ross McNeil the year they won the treble in the u21s. You could see that he was a good player, but he was carrying a wee bit too much weight at the time that he finished at u21s, and it was only when he shed the weight and got himself in really good shape a year or so later that he signed for Shettleston and scored a few goals towards the end of a season which earned him a move to Albion Rovers. and then on to Cumnock a year after that.

He is a good signing for Cambuslang, but they already have lots of good strikers and I'm not sure if he's any better than what they already have. Time will tell. He may well "run riot", but I'd be surprised. He will undoubtedly score a few goals with the way Cambuslang like to play the game.

McRobbie is a good player, he came through Glencairn u21s and was partner to Ross McNeil the year they won the treble in the u21s. You could see that he was a good player, but he was carrying a wee bit too much weight at the time that he finished at u21s, and it was only when he shed the weight and got himself in really good shape a year or so later that he signed for Shettleston and scored a few goals towards the end of a season which earned him a move to Albion Rovers. and then on to Cumnock a year after that.
He is a good signing for Cambuslang, but they already have lots of good strikers and I'm not sure if he's any better than what they already have. Time will tell. He may well "run riot", but I'd be surprised. He will undoubtedly score a few goals with the way Cambuslang like to play the game.

Played against him for shettleston n he played right midfield n he was non existent then again at Cumnock he wasn't in squad 1 game n he looked overweight n badly needed a haircut and a shave. He came on as a 2nd half sub 1 game n wasn't too impressed. Heard he done well against pollok in west cup final tho.

Just now, king Henrik7 said:

Do cambuslang play on different days from anybody in the league above?

Presumably he feels getting to training etc at Cambuslang will be easier than getting to Cumnock. But if he's supposedly too good to be playing in Super League Division One, you'd have thought that one of the Glasgow-based Premier teams would have signed him.

Played against him for shettleston n he played right midfield n he was non existent then again at Cumnock he wasn't in squad 1 game n he looked overweight n badly needed a haircut and a shave. He came on as a 2nd half sub 1 game n wasn't too impressed. Heard he done well against pollok in west cup final tho.

Start of the season he had a few injury problems and carried a bit of weight wasn't until the latter part of the season that we seen the best of him and in some games he was unplayable at times.

There's also the "George Fotheringham factor" at Cambuslang, as George was coach at Glencairn u21s the year McRobbie and the team won the treble. George is highly respected by the boys who have played under him at u21 level.

On 24/06/2017 at 21:16, classof2010 said:

Calum had a decent season last year sad to see him go but he was only going to be a squad player best of luck to him

Don't agree with you, he had a decent season I think second top league scorer last season and he probably had a better season than some of the players that kept him out the team, but this squad player thing is a bit disrespectful he was better than that,maybe as a wide midfield player there a bit more in and out than some with their form but he was an excellent player for Beith in his Two seasons at the club and I'm disappointed d he chose to leave, all the best to him at Hurlford.

Honest opinion on McRobbie is that when he is in the mood he is a cracking player.  Unfortunately he didn't produce it often enough.

I don't think he would have started many games for Cumnock this coming season.

Honest opinion on McRobbie is that when he is in the mood he is a cracking player.  Unfortunately he didn't produce it often enough.
I don't think he would have started many games for Cumnock this coming season.

Don't agree I heard Cumnock made him a good offer so doubt they would have him sitting on the bench every week for the money they were going to pay him

Just now, andy25 said:

Because he's not very good .

That's not my opinion, but my question was aimed at bawrash who said he was too good to be playing in the Super League Division One.

Don't agree I heard Cumnock made him a good offer so doubt they would have him sitting on the bench every week for the money they were going to pay him

The talk amongst the supporters from around Feb/March at least, was that Cal would be moving on and looking for a club closer to home as he can't drive.

Looked the part in the latter part of the season after he lost a bit of weight.

9 minutes ago, bawrash said:

You are spot on they did.  John wanted him to stay and as you have already correctly stated his work/travelling issues stopped that from happening.

I would have liked to have kept him as a different option, he is more than capable when on his game but in my opinion I couldn't see him keeping the likes of Sean McKenzie out of the team on a regular basis.

Good luck to him.

Archived