West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, glensmad said:

We've re-signed 15 of last season's squad, and promoted 3 players from the Under 21s, as well as adding Boyd and at least one more to come that I know of.

Another 22 in talks don't forget aboot them 

Think Hurlfold player, ex Shotts.

Correct. Released by Ford. I heard he'd signed for Pollok. Occasionally a bit rash in the tackle, but a good passer of the ball. Had a few injuries last season that denied him a regular first team place.

57 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Correct. Released by Ford. I heard he'd signed for Pollok. Occasionally a bit rash in the tackle, but a good passer of the ball. Had a few injuries last season that denied him a regular first team place.

Not sure about Brash, but we have signed Paul Byrne from Hurlford. What's your thoughts on him?

Not sure about Brash, but we have signed Paul Byrne from Hurlford. What's your thoughts on him?

Paul was our POTY in our junior cup winning season and pretty much an ever present that season. Since then he has been pretty much on the bench. I don't know why.

He's a great lad with a super team ethic and (from what I'm told) rarely misses training. I agree it will be tough for him to oust Sideserf, who is a top defender, but he can also play left midfield. Like Cheesy (Brash) and Sideserf he is predominately left footed. IMO a welcome addition to any squad.

11 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Not going to put exact figures on a public forum but I will say that it's 4 to 5 times more than I thought it would be

If your not posting the exact story then why even bother at all. No point being all cloak and dagger about it as it's not going to change wat the fee is.

If your not posting the exact story then why even bother at all. No point being all cloak and dagger about it as it's not going to change wat the fee is.

To start a discussion on the development fee , how it works etc . Know very little about it & since it's part of a transfers I thought it would be an interesting sideline on the discussion rather than the usual nonsense

Archived