West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

You need to pay more attention to the youth team old bean we have played pollok several times at under 21st for example and in same league as them. Our youth team have been training with our first team and next to first team. Our manager and his coaches have been coaching the youth teams several times over the last year or two sometimes in own time. All our coaches at every level work together know each other and communicate with each other. Several coaches were all present at the recent Petershill tournament along with half a dozen youth players featuring for the first team. We have signed up a under 21 player and a former amateur keeper is our number two this season. It's all been done with our stadium in mind and the future.Nothing particularly clever about it loads of clubs are doing it just good common sense and hard work.       

I doubt youth team graduates would play for free - at any major team - if that's what your getting at.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clubs will take money from any sources viable,and quite rightly so,if i had won the lotto like the Weirs 163million then Talbot would be playing in this weeks euro rounds......we've all dreamed about it.This maybe a stupid question.Does any of Pie and Bovrils statisticians remember the last time Talbot lost any of their top players to transfer,to another junior team,plenty have left to go senior or moved to coach before retiring,but i can't remember a top player moving to another junior side or is my memory just crap.

3 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Clubs will take money from any sources viable,and quite rightly so,if i had won the lotto like the Weirs 163million then Talbot would be playing in this weeks euro rounds......we've all dreamed about it.This maybe a stupid question.Does any of Pie and Bovrils statisticians remember the last time Talbot lost any of their top players to transfer,to another junior team,plenty have left to go senior or moved to coach before retiring,but i can't remember a top player moving to another junior side or is my memory just crap.

Probably James Lundie, player of the year and then went to Arthurlie. Signed Pettigrew to replace him though so not too bad

23 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Gavin Friels twice where we banked a few bob on both occasions.

Miliken to beith

One poster has managed to turn this transfer thread into a diatribe against Pollok. It's easy for a ROb Roy supporter to start every season with low expectations and hope to beat them. Pollok don't have that luxury. They are expected to compete for and win major trophies. The management team will have that ambition - it's not pressure it's the reality of leading a top club. Pollok are justifiably favourites for the league. Their best signing is the return of Stuart Ralston to the club. The management team will resign if they aren't competing for the big prizes. Should Beith sack Miller for a barren season? Of course not. And neither will Pollok so long as the team are progressing and competitive.

4 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

That's terrible disrespect to a former player that gave his all for Talbot any real Talbot supporter wouldn't say a thing like that terrible

Don't talk pish. So I am not allowed an opinion on a player I watched many times. Is everybody who has played for your team a world beater.

I wish Milky well, in fact I hope he plays every game for Beith

5 hours ago, rednblack said:

You need to pay more attention to the youth team old bean we have played pollok several times at under 21st for example and in same league as them. Our youth team have been training with our first team and next to first team. Our manager and his coaches have been coaching the youth teams several times over the last year or two sometimes in own time. All our coaches at every level work together know each other and communicate with each other. Several coaches were all present at the recent Petershill tournament along with half a dozen youth players featuring for the first team. We have signed up a under 21 player and a former amateur keeper is our number two this season. It's all been done with our stadium in mind and the future.Nothing particularly clever about it loads of clubs are doing it just good common sense and hard work.       

To be honest I was liking the anti pollok shite but you lad have made me bored of it, in fact I now find myself not sending any casts into the waters for a bite because every 2nd or 3rd post your driveling aboot their transfer budget.  We all get it your 100% mega mega jealous of pollok n Talbot no idea why apart from envy. Now I feel your missing the point as Beith are better than both and when you comprehend this it will be our turn for your pish.

No long throw and bate needed

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't talk pish. So I am not allowed an opinion on a player I watched many times. Is everybody who has played for your team a world beater.

I wish Milky well, in fact I hope he plays every game for Beith

Nah no buying it, your 1 o them cup final supporters who feel the need to act like your there every week but in fact your a part timer.......we all smell your shite

I assume its fairly unusual for Talbot to lose any of their top players to tansfer to fellow junior teams,never mind three thats gone this year,does that mean that they believe there's more chance of winning medals at their new clubs (pollok and beith) rather than continue at Talbot or does a player around 30ish have to consider the financial aspect of a move more than the medals.

A lot of negativity towards Pollok on here. I for one think it's great seeing them go for it. They are the biggest club in the juniors and have been underachieving for far too long. Good luck to them.

9 hours ago, kenny131 said:

To be honest I was liking the anti pollok shite but you lad have made me bored of it, in fact I now find myself not sending any casts into the waters for a bite because every 2nd or 3rd post your driveling aboot their transfer budget.  We all get it your 100% mega mega jealous of pollok n Talbot no idea why apart from envy. Now I feel your missing the point as Beith are better than both and when you comprehend this it will be our turn for your pish.

No long throw and bate needed

Your that great you got pumped by a mediocre senior side and won feck all last season.

Your that great you got pumped by a mediocre senior side and won feck all last season.

Mediocre team pmsl got to semi final of league cup losing 2 nil to 2nd best team in scotland finished 4th in a competitive league and lost 2-1 to rangers in last 16 scottish

Your point caller. We were beaten by Hearts on their own patch and they won the cup that year. We were beaten by Stirling Albion and Stranraer both teams winning promotion that season. What you tyrying to say?

Morton are not mediocre is my point not winning anything last year was a blow but 3rd in league only losing 2 games going out ayrshire and west on penalties and going out ardagh and scottish to last minute goals prove we were a hard team to beat last year and are a far better squad this season

Not disputing the fact but your buddy Kenny thinks your better than Talbot. Last season I followed undoubtedly the poorest Talbot team for a number of years. The season wasn't helped due to a horrendous injury list where the manager and assistant manager were stripped near the latter end of the season. However we got to three finals one being the Scottish, losing two and winning one. That's what you call a team. Guts and determination makes a great team you lot didn't have that.

Archived