West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

13 hours ago, archieb said:

Utter and complete nonsense. Lok have no "sugar daddy" ... Or mommy for that matter.

You just keep telling yourself that and you might just start to believe it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pollok have a fantastic array of commercial sponsors from law and accountancy  firms to pubs and industrial businesses of various scales in addition to the 1908 club where the names of those who wish to be disclosed appear in every match programme and involve many donating £50-100 a month to the club.Thats a very nice foundation of cash every month if you multiply it a couple of hundred times.Lok have never been beholden to the big money men who dipped into clubs and in most cases ruined them e.g. maryhill,Kilwinning,Glenafton,Hurlford,Bellshill,etc

Thanks Lok The academy developed and started by Andy Elliott and others, (I believe), is now a institution that Pollok FC couldn't ignore any longer and realised the benefits with a merger that can see youth being developed to a higher standard. I have witnessed it first hand and watch First team coaches come in and help take some coaching sessions and I know this will pay big big dividends for Pollok Fc and the committee and fans.  There has always been a connections with some boys teams but nothing like on this scale, with first team coaching coming to help train the youths and youth taking spells with the first team training to show them what is expected of the youth at that level.  I can only see a bright future for Pollok Fc by the way they are going about their business. I now want to see the coaches of the youth teams come to first team sessions for ideas and to learn the level of expectation and training. Each age group should be developed so that they can easily and seamlessly move into the higher section, i.e. u17's into U19s then to U21s and then seamlessly into the u21s.  It will all bowed well once everyone is on the same page with this understanding. The merger is there for a reason so it should all be made to work and if other junior teams do this then wouldn't it be great that New Season Thread has a lot of chat about youths coming through the ranks to join the first teams.

You do realise this is nothing special or revolutionary, that many junior clubs do it very well and have been doing it for years. Even Rob Roy have a under 21s, , 17s and amateur side etc , with the amateur side and 21s side in particular helped us out in the past and now starting to provide us with players. Given we are currently a premier league team we might only see one or two of the standard to be a part of our squad but in the future that could change. In the future for example if we are a lower league club something which won't happen to Pollok given league reconstruction and the crowds and revenue they get, we though may in the future use far more players from the feeder teams.

All in all its nothing genius and no rocket science to it, it's common sense to have these feeder sides under a junior club banner.

Agreed the toilets need sorted but I understand Lok are looking at a much bigger change regarding the stadium situation and have been via developers and the City Council.

Didnt realise Rob Roy had a formal affiliation with boys/amateur side sharing coaching staff,ground,training facilities,and social facilities as happens at Pollok but it's encouraging to hear that.

Pollok have a fantastic array of commercial sponsors from law and accountancy  firms to pubs and industrial businesses of various scales in addition to the 1908 club where the names of those who wish to be disclosed appear in every match programme and involve many donating £50-100 a month to the club.Thats a very nice foundation of cash every month if you multiply it a couple of hundred times.Lok have never been beholden to the big money men who dipped into clubs and in most cases ruined them e.g. maryhill,Kilwinning,Glenafton,Hurlford,Bellshill,etc

Glenafton ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, rednblack said:

You do realise this is nothing special or revolutionary, that many junior clubs do it very well and have been doing it for years.

Even Rob Roy have a under 21s, 19s, 17s and amateur side, with the amateur side and 21s side in particular helped us out in the past and now starting to provide us with players. Given we are currently a premier league team we might only see one or two of the standard to be a part of our squad but in the future that could change. In the future for example if we are a lower league club something which won't happen to Pollok given league reconstruction and the crowds and revenue they get, we though may in the future use far more players from the feeder teams.

All in all its nothing genius and no rocket science to it, it's common sense to have these feeder sides under a junior club banner.

No disrespect intended as I feel theres a few too and throw in messages in regards to you and some Pollok followers on here trying to get one over each other but your not speaking to a Pollok fan when you say "I do realise this is nothing special", of course i realise but I'm talking about the extent of the intentions.   (I've no interest on anyone getting one over anyone else on this forum).    I'm speaking as in regards to watching, coaching boys football, experienced junior and boys teams together, as in playing it and also seeing it.  FACT: There are tons of junior teams with affiliations with boys teams but most are just that, a wee game played here and there with the juniors not participating a lot in the youth development which does not help and a lot of junior teams ARE ONLY INTERESTED in finding a good player without too much involvement.  This merger, and I'm sure it isn't the first of a junior team, is about the development of all the youths.  I also started my level 1 coaching badge with the Kirky manager at the time, (name escapes me from 4 years ago) and we talked in length about the plans afoot for the youths

In regards to what you say about Kirky Rob Roy, yes totally agree, if they went a lower divisions then there would be a wider scope for using boys at youth level but that would be the same of any team and Pollok were the same. A former Pollok manager told me the exact same when they didn't have that much money they had to use a few boys from the under 21s as they had no option.  The idealism of this merger is on the right tracks, with first team coaches coming to take training session with the boys, the youths also going, usually in pairs to the Junior training for a few weeks at a time. The under 21s will play the under 19s at Newlandsfield for the coaching staff to see the standard they are all at and for the fans to see any potential stars in the making. 

If Rob Roy are sending coaches over to work with the youth and the youth coaches then this is ideal. You may know more than that but if you don't, go and find out for yourself how detailed it is, so you really have it for your own information.  I'm stating it as fact as I am witnessing it all, (and with Pollok), first hand, having sampled being and coaching in boys football for a number of years and seeing the connections not just while coaching but also when I played in junior football for over 10 years and also when I played in a Under 21s team which was part of a junior outfit. 

One thing for sure, everyone's views of a junior team having a youth team under their wing is different ideas in everyone's minds.
I personally believe and know how this should be done and I don't see too Junior teams doing it, but its my views from my vast experience. and will remain so

1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

Glenafton in the 90,s

I Don't remember the early 90s but the 99/2000 season the manager was Alan Rough and in goals was a certain Henry Smith with John McLaren up front, so the standard was high and big money was splashed out. In that year Glenafton were the favourites for the League and Scottish Cup. 

Lots of teams go through this and to be honest if any team has a sugar daddy, so what. Hurlford did it in the 99/2000 season and quite a few of us signed for big money at the time and our only remit was to get promotion into the Ayrshire Top division, which we did. Previously about 8 years before that, part of Hurlfords stadium was firebombed and there was no money and Hurlford were usually rock bottom of the lowest division, then in 99/2000 a new money man cam in, (think he owned a hotel in Killie), and put money into the team.  A few years later there was a kinda lull again at Hurlford and then ever bigger money came in and the rest was history in regards to Hurlford, well winning the Scottish Cup and big money being paid to players.

I am a Bens fan for my sins and if I has excess money, I'd put it into the Bens.

As I said before there is absolute nothing wrong with a sugar daddy putting money into a team he loves.

5 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

The rest is history they only won the Scottish cup and nothing else and spent a fortune and before I get reminded Meadow spent a fortune and never won the Scottish cup but went on to win everything else the money men come and go but it's the clubs that's left to pick up the crap when the sugar daddies decide they've had enough fun

Agreed but that's just the normal
If everyone on this forum in regards to junior football and supporting a team do you honestly think that if each person has a vast wealth of money that they wuld put some of that into the team. I do think that would be the case and some might get fed up later on at different times and pull out.

Agreed the toilets need sorted but I understand Lok are looking at a much bigger change regarding the stadium situation and have been via developers and the City Council. Didnt realise Rob Roy had a formal affiliation with boys/amateur side sharing coaching staff,ground,training facilities,and social facilities as happens at Pollok but it's encouraging to hear that.        

You need to pay more attention to the youth team old bean we have played pollok several times at under 21st for example and in same league as them. Our youth team have been training with our first team and next to first team. Our manager and his coaches have been coaching the youth teams several times over the last year or two sometimes in own time. All our coaches at every level work together know each other and communicate with each other. Several coaches were all present at the recent Petershill tournament along with half a dozen youth players featuring for the first team. We have signed up a under 21 player and a former amateur keeper is our number two this season. It's all been done with our stadium in mind and the future.Nothing particularly clever about it loads of clubs are doing it just good common sense and hard work.       

I see the threads descended into the usual pish that it does every season. You've got a Money man. " naw naw not us". And fucking repeat it over and over. Who cares. We all wish we had a few bob. Let pollok deny they have outside input. Really don't care doesn't always work. Sometimes it does but if drys up at some point.!! . Wish to f**k someone would give us cash. I'd be first on here to admit it and rub folks faces in it [emoji23]. Right back on thread. Tranent for me the morro to see our new signings. Hearing good things about Mitchell and scullion. Great signings that no doubt on a few bob from us.

2 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

I see the threads descended into the usual pish that it does every season. You've got a Money man. " naw naw not us". And fucking repeat it over and over. Who cares. We all wish we had a few bob. Let pollok deny they have outside input. Really don't care doesn't always work. Sometimes it does but if drys up at some point.!! . Wish to f**k someone would give us cash. I'd be first on here to admit it and rub folks faces in it emoji23.png. Right back on thread. Tranent for me the morro to see our new signings. Hearing good things about Mitchell and scullion. Great signings that no doubt on a few bob from us.

I don't think anyone as a fan would knock back cash at their club. Clubs put a huge amount of effort into fund raising and quite often every penny is a prisoner. They might ultimately live to regret how it was spent but that's another issue.

Pollok are putting what looks like a very good side together with the money they have. Some folk can't take this with any modicum of grace, but it's the way football has been since day dot so they will just have to suck it up and the Pollok fans certainly won't be arsed.

The truth of the matter is that for Pollok to give a youth a chance in this squad they'll need to be exceptional for the Junior grade. Young players at clubs with less resources will get more opportunities, but let's face it, the best ones will be on their way to the likes of Pollok the second they start looking decent enough. 

I don't think anyone as a fan would knock back cash at their club. Clubs put a huge amount of effort into fund raising and quite often every penny is a prisoner. They might ultimately live to regret how it was spent but that's another issue.
Pollok are putting what looks like a very good side together with the money they have. Some folk can't take this with any modicum of grace, but it's the way football has been since day dot so they will just have to suck it up and the Pollok fans certainly won't be arsed.
The truth of the matter is that for Pollok to give a youth a chance in this squad they'll need to be exceptional for the Junior grade. Young players at clubs with less resources will get more opportunities, but let's face it, the best ones will be on their way to the likes of Pollok the second they start looking decent enough. 

Mate am bored listening folk talk about money and where it comes from.. in a big circle we go with it. Am bored hearing denials that folk put money in. So what if they have. I'd be happy to tell folk that someone fired cash into us .the money just appeared from sponsors and fundraising is nonsense! . I mean aye there's big sponsors and fundraisers. We're no daft. We all know what it takes to run a club. When a club spends like pollok its def not all from sponsors and fundraisers. There's pennys from elsewhere and like I say why deny it. Unless it's dodgy. Just fucking rub our noses in it. I know I would [emoji23]

Archived