West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

2 hours ago, rednblack said:

All depends on the youngster for me. Certain ones benefit from that certain ones don't the top ones, the obvious stand outs don't need that for me.

Wouldn't class Thomas as a youngster like the ones i am talking about either, Thomas was with queens park then with us. Then a best part of a season with you guys playing in plenty big games along the way.

What are you actually talking about, any standout youth player your advocating of course won't need that as they will be signed up by professional clubs.  These are local boys stepping up from youth football to mens football. If you ever played the game at any level amatuer included playing youth then going into adult teams is a big step at all levels. You would know this if you ever played #waterboyalert

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/07/2017 at 20:31, rednblack said:

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now emoji23.png

Many clubs have made large investments in playing squads over recent years-Lok are able to do that so that's what has been done as it was badly needed.The Committee and club have backed the manager so it's down to him to build a new  stronger team.

Many clubs have made large investments in playing squads over recent years-Lok are able to do that so that's what has been done as it was badly needed.The Committee and club have backed the manager so it's down to him to build a new  stronger team.

Of course but most haven't done it to such a massive extent in one full go , 10 big signings in a short space of time is massive investment and massive pressure , always been big pressure at pollok but never more so than this season.
Will say one thing despite the big signings and how i expect them to win the league i don't this team will have the fear factor of Pollok teams from ten / twenty years ago . Will be interesting to see how it goes , if it gets to the point of naming people on the bench who aren't even in the country then the game really is a bogey with that squad [emoji4]

18 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Rumours and I heard.......emoji1.png

We have a fund where supporters pay in every month and there are hundreds doing so.

We don't spend anywhere near the amounts of Po££ok, Hurl£ord , Me££a etc.

Pollok have a similar scheme to Talbot as well as numerous other fundraising opportunities for supporters to help fund the club. 

We all know that geo but at least medda won leagues and every other cup except the Scottish
but thanks for the reminder [emoji106]

The moneyman who was at medda
is at cambuslang as far as I hear

No Money man at Cambuslang!

7 hours ago, rednblack said:

Of course but most haven't done it to such a massive extent in one full go , 10 big signings in a short space of time is massive investment and massive pressure , always been big pressure at pollok but never more so than this season.
Will say one thing despite the big signings and how i expect them to win the league i don't this team will have the fear factor of Pollok teams from ten / twenty years ago . Will be interesting to see how it goes , if it gets to the point of naming people on the bench who aren't even in the country then the game really is a bogey with that squad emoji4.png

Very true rednblack.
A lot of pressure on the management and players to that extent but In order for any team to be the best they need to handle the pressure and use it to their advantage.   Although it will take a while before Pollok get back to twenty years or so when Pollok were a fear factor to most teams.
There are a lot of new signings at Pollok and some look very good but its really how they gel together, in games and in training and I've watched both and it looks positive.  Potentially, Pollok look as if they will do a lot better than last year but it will be a few years of hard work before even the big guns are continually worried.

I'm not really getting this talk about extra pressure being on Pollok, or McInally's job being under threat just because they've signed some good players. It all sounds like wishful thinking from the haters. 

Pollok are in the enviable position of being able to invest in taking the team to the next level. Part of protecting that investment isn't just overhauling the team and management if they don't bring in the big silverware next May and there's little to suggest that's what they would do unless this season is a disaster. 

McInally has displayed an ability to implement steady progress throughout his time at Pollok. They've never made spectacular strides in his time there but he's generally been slow and steady. Nobody is going to be more aware of this than the folk putting the cash in so I'd be astonished if his job depends on bagging a big cup. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

I'm not really getting this talk about extra pressure being on Pollok, or McInally's job being under threat just because they've signed some good players. It all sounds like wishful thinking from the haters. 

Pollok are in the enviable position of being able to invest in taking the team to the next level. Part of protecting that investment isn't just overhauling the team and management if they don't bring in the big silverware next May and there's little to suggest that's what they would do unless this season is a disaster. 

McInally has displayed an ability to implement steady progress throughout his time at Pollok. They've never made spectacular strides in his time there but he's generally been slow and steady. Nobody is going to be more aware of this than the folk putting the cash in so I'd be astonished if his job depends on bagging a big cup. 

In the 3 full seasons Tony has been at the club he has won

in first season super first and ET

second season - league cup

third season - WoS cup

Add in our first appearance in the Scottish final for 20 years and I doubt there is any other manager except Sloan who has won more in that time. 

I agree it's been a steady climb, and the main thing that is missing is a push at the league title, which hopefully is the next step this season.

Last season many Pollok supporters, including myself, were critical of the way we were playing, favourites getting played and the lack of depth in the squad.

these things seem to have been addressed in how we have recruited this summer, so it's obvious that that Tony and the rest of his team recognised what was needed to make the next step, it's just now delivering that. I do think he will feel pressure, but that isn't to do with the signing policy, just the pressure of being the manager of a football club. 

57 minutes ago, Bankie2015 said:

Lol.. 

3 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Able to give Meikle a better deal than we could at Ladeside I know that

The money man from meadow as you put it is not in anyway involved at Cambuslang. The club have arranged several fundraising activities and several businesses are helping the club out . We are lucky that a lot of people are helping us and hopefully we can continue to go from strength to strength.

Archived